You are the Manager

quinty

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it prevented these taig bastards from winning the league I'd happily tell my players to take their foot off the gas, get a couple of red cards and ensure we lost.

I'd even let the new league champs have their lap of honour around Ibrox.

Whilst I'd hate the winning team to be the Arabs or the Sheep --- it would still be a million times better than the tarriers winning the league.

Mibees I'm just a bigot but I'm too old to change (tu)

If I was the manager my team would concentrate on winning every game and not about they dirty cunts .

Our club has integrity and traditions this would be the sneaky underhand tactics they potato niggers would use .

:mutley:

of Rangers in this hypothetical scenario:

At a date in the future, the final game of the SPFL approaches. Aberdeen/Hibs/Dundee Utd/Partick Thistle take your pick are one point clear of Celtic at the top. Celtic play the bottom team and we have the top team at Ibrox. We cannot win the league no matter the result.

Question - do we deliberately lose the game to ensure that Celtic cannot win the League?

Question - would it make a difference to your answer above depending on which team was top?

Please be sure that you understand what the words, hypothetical and ensure mean before answering this post.

Hypothetically we go for the win because we ain't shitty wee no fucks - winning is what we do - we are sportsmen and it's a sport, if we get beat fair and square - fine - but to deliberately get beat to prevent any team winning is just not our way!

then why bother replying - wee bit of fun surely.

How will the people know how ridiculous i find it unless i butt in and tell them :) in just not into this sort of game, we should care more about Rangers winning than what the bheasts do. Let them have the "hate us more than they love their own team" bullshit.

Hypothetically we go for the win because we ain't shitty wee no fucks - winning is what we do - we are sportsmen and it's a sport, if we get beat fair and square - fine - but to deliberately get beat to prevent any team winning is just not our way!

To play devils advocate... What if deliberately getting beat benefits us? You could argue defeat in this circumstance is more beneficial than a win, in that it would maintain our lead in terms of number of titles won. You could then argue that, as a sporting institution, losing would be the correct thing for us to do. In that case it's more what's right for us than simply preventing another team from winning.

To play devils advocate... What if deliberately getting beat benefits us? You could argue defeat in this circumstance is more beneficial than a win, in that it would maintain our lead in terms of number of titles won. You could then argue that, as a sporting institution, losing would be the correct thing for us to do. In that case it's more what's right for us than simply preventing another team from winning.

Exactly

What if they were to go on and get 15 million champions league money as a result and keep us begind for a few years?

It's a more complex question than some think

Exactly

What if they were to go on and get 15 million champions league money as a result and keep us begind for a few years?

No it isn't. Games are played with the object of winning. Anyone so full of hatred that they have lost sight of this need help.

No it isn't. Games are played with the object of winning. Anyone so full of hatred that they have lost sight of this need help.

As I said, it's not necessarily hate. It can be about maintaining Rangers superiority. He's right, it is potentially complex. You can't just dismiss 15 Million pounds as being inconsequential to our future success.

As I said, it's not necessarily hate. It can be about maintaining Rangers superiority. He's right, it is potentially complex. You can't just dismiss 15 Million pounds as being inconsequential to our future success.

I call it match fixing and beyond the pale. We might as well pack in if the integrity of the game cannot be relied upon. I'd hate it to be done to us so can't condone it in any form. Anyone guilty of such a thing should be prosecuted.

Exactly

As opposed to us allowing the team who are already ahead of us in second place to get that money and go further ahead?