You are the Manager

quinty

I call it match fixing and beyond the pale. We might as well pack in if the integrity of the game cannot be relied upon. I'd hate it to be done to us so can't condone it in any form. Anyone guilty of such a thing should be prosecuted.

Never said I'd condone it or that it should happen. All I said is it's not straight forward and it's not necessarily got anything to do with hate. I have a feeling that human nature would come in to play. If you don't have any motivation, and in fact all the motivation is against winning, it would be difficult to fight that.

I think I would want Rangers to lose though, in our own interests.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So for the sake of losing one game you'd happily see Celtic wrap up another title and get 15m CL money

Aye that's rational

It's not one game is it though. The act would be repeated in future, as an act of revenge, probably at our expense

I truly believe you are being irrational. It still is just a game.

It's not one game is it though. The act would be repeated in future, as an act of revenge, probably at our expense

I truly believe you are being irrational. It still is just a game.

In what way would it happen again and again if it's a one off?

I think it's the most rational thing to do for the sake of Rangers and our superiority - no doubt about it

I think it's the most rational thing to do for the sake of Rangers and our superiority - no doubt about it

Which only supports my theory that fans should never have positions of power at football clubs.

If we have to resort to cheating, I'd walk away from the SPORT.

In what way would it happen again and again if it's a one off?

It could easily happen again what if the next season it was the same would we throw the game again? Giving the sheep stick for lying down to the scum but this is the same mentality. Not for me.

I don't think you can look at it in this way. If you do it in this scenario what about other times will we end up with a game more about trying to hurt others than win ourselves? What happened to the. "beautiful game" ?

I don't think he said it was about hurting others. He said it was about benefiting ourselves.

The 'beautiful game' is riddled with immorality as it is.

I don't think he said it was about hurting others. He said it was about benefiting ourselves.

The 'beautiful game' is riddled with immorality as it is.

It sure is, as I know to my personal cost.

So let's not make it worse. I thought Rangers were special and did things the right way.

It sure is, as I know to my personal cost.

So let's not make it worse. I thought Rangers were special and did things the right way.

I agree. And on balance I probably wouldn't want us to throw a game. But I can understand people thinking we should if it benefits us.

As a fan, however, I'm fairly sure I'd want us to lose as I hate to see Rangers harmed. And it WOULD harm us.

I agree. And on balance I probably wouldn't want us to throw a game. But I can understand people thinking we should if it benefits us.

As a fan, however, I'm fairly sure I'd want us to lose as I hate to see Rangers harmed. And it WOULD harm us.

Can't argue with that mate

Which only supports my theory that fans should never have positions of power at football clubs.

If we have to resort to cheating, I'd walk away from the SPORT.

It's not cheating if it benefits you in the ways being mentioned

Think of the big picture

Did Hibs cheat that day Helicopter Sunday?

Even better let me throw this in here

Many on here keep telling me fuck the unbeaten run throw the kids in even if we lose a game they don't care as they think it will benefit us in the long run

Stopping Celtic getting 15 million CL cash and adding to their dominance would benefit us a lot more in the long run

What's the difference?

There's none - it's both accepting defeat for something greater

Some people buzz off being dignified and proper than actually doing something that will benefit us

Something very close to this happened back in 1982-3 where c....c , aberdeen and dundee utd were head to head for championship.

The sheep came to Ibrox with 4/5 games to go needing a win to stay top and remember thinking it might be best to lose this. They took then lead but Gers went on to win ( not very often in those days ) 2-1 . When the last minute winner went in the whole place went wild , forgetting all about the league positions.

So trust me , what you may plan before the game , gets blown away with the passion for wanting Rangers to win every time - no matter what the cost.

As it happened united pipped the tims for the league that year anyway so it didn't matter . The sheep were only a point away too ( if I remember right ) and that win at Ibrox could have won them the league . . . . fuck ' em ! ! !

Throwing a game could land the club in deep s**t and the powers that be at Torbert Towers would push an investigation as far as possible.

Maybe we should have carried out an investigation after they did it to us against Hearts but as usual we've no spine against them

of Rangers in this hypothetical scenario:

At a date in the future, the final game of the SPFL approaches. Aberdeen/Hibs/Dundee Utd/Partick Thistle take your pick are one point clear of Celtic at the top. Celtic play the bottom team and we have the top team at Ibrox. We cannot win the league no matter the result.

Question - do we deliberately lose the game to ensure that Celtic cannot win the League?

Question - would it make a difference to your answer above depending on which team was top?

Please be sure that you understand what the words, hypothetical and ensure mean before answering this post.

You don't half post some amount of pish.