You are the Manager

quinty

Even better let me throw this in here

Many on here keep telling me fuck the unbeaten run throw the kids in even if we lose a game they don't care as they think it will benefit us in the long run

Stopping Celtic getting 15 million CL cash and adding to their dominance would benefit us a lot more in the long run

What's the difference?

There's none - it's both accepting defeat for something greater

Some people buzz off being dignified and proper than actually doing something that will benefit us

Not really playing our kids in a league game is not deliberately trying to lose in fact id expect our U20s to win 8 or 9 out of 10 games at this level. The op is talking about throwing the game IE not just putting out a weakened team but giving away penaltys or scoring own goals doing anything to lose, that is match fixing and im pretty saddened any bear could suggest this tbh.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really playing our kids in a league game is not deliberately trying to lose in fact id expect our U20s to win 8 or 9 out of 10 games at this level. The op is talking about throwing the game IE not just putting out a weakened team but giving away penaltys or scoring own goals doing anything to lose, that is match fixing and im pretty saddened any bear could suggest this tbh.

The outcome is the same regardless of the intent though

Would you rather lose one meaningless game and see Celtic lift the league trophy, get their jollies, claw one title closer to us, get the European games and the 15 million CL money?

There comes a time when morals go out the window for the greater good

The outcome is the same regardless of the intent though

Would you rather lose one meaningless game and see Celtic lift the league trophy, get their jollies, claw one title closer to us, get the European games and the 15 million CL money?

There comes a time when morals go out the window for the greater good

Id rather we win the title by beating them. I can see what your saying but i cant endorse us stooping to the bheasts level with this stuff, we have always been the honourable club and some things mean more than winning or 15million quid, our values are one of those things.

The tarriers have proved throughout the years they are morally bankrupt by lying down to Hearts to fuck us out the CL and using squad player deaths to get a game postponed

Give them it back

I'll ask again - No one had an issue with Hibs lying down to us on helicopter Sunday too after we went 1-0 up so what's different?

Id rather we win the title by beating them. I can see what your saying but i cant endorse us stooping to the bheasts level with this stuff, we have always been the honourable club and some things mean more than winning or 15million quid, our values are one of those things.

But we can't win it by beating them that's not in the question

If you moral fibres would rather see them dominate us more with another league title and 15 million then that's upto you but I wouldn't

But we can't win it by beating them that's not in the question

If you moral fibres would rather see them dominate us more with another league title and 15 million then that's upto you but I wouldn't

Hence why i don't like the question and the op has form for "unorthodox" threads that could be seen as trolling. In reality i cannot see a manager of any club especially Rangers sending a team out to lose, it just doesn't work that way how could he explain it to the players? Especially over seas player who don't understand the "old firm"? It will never happen so its a straw man argument imo

To play devils advocate... What if deliberately getting beat benefits us? You could argue defeat in this circumstance is more beneficial than a win, in that it would maintain our lead in terms of number of titles won. You could then argue that, as a sporting institution, losing would be the correct thing for us to do. In that case it's more what's right for us than simply preventing another team from winning.

A sporting institution deliberately losing to maintain a title lead means we are no longer a sporting institution.

Hence why i don't like the question and the op has form for "unorthodox" threads that could be seen as trolling. In reality i cannot see a manager of any club especially Rangers sending a team out to lose, it just doesn't work that way how could he explain it to the players? Especially over seas player who don't understand the "old firm"? It will never happen so its a straw man argument imo

If you don't like the question, there is no imperative for you to get involved in the thread.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'unorthodox' threads - if you mean a thread that doesn't require a knee-jerk 'Ally in' or 'Ally oot' response then mea culpa. Trolling? I think not. You are entitled to an opinion, as am I, but to suggest that I am trolling, frankly does you little credit.

The OP quite clearly states that this is a hypothetical situation, the responses in the thread quite clearly show a range of views and answers to the question posed. In short, what I believe a forum should be about.

A sporting institution deliberately losing to maintain a title lead means we are no longer a sporting institution.

Depends what you define the goal of a sporting institution as.

If you don't like the question, there is no imperative for you to get involved in the thread.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'unorthodox' threads - if you mean a thread that doesn't require a knee-jerk 'Ally in' or 'Ally oot' response then mea culpa. Trolling? I think not. You are entitled to an opinion, as am I, but to suggest that I am trolling, frankly does you little credit.

The OP quite clearly states that this is a hypothetical situation, the responses in the thread quite clearly show a range of views and answers to the question posed. In short, what I believe a forum should be about.

All in saying is there's alot of odd threads about quite often started by you or Rangers Fan Base #Jordz.

All in saying is there's alot of odd threads about quite often started by you or Rangers Fan Base #Jordz.

Bollocks, can't speak for the others obv lol, but I don't think there is anything odd about my threads.

It sure as hell ain't to be a cheating bastard just cause some low life might win! To lose deliberately fails any test of sportsmanship!!!

It's nothing to do with the low life though, it's to do with maintaining Rangers superiority.

Sport is an activity where one side competes against another. To compete is to strive to win or gain by defeating OR establish superiority over your opponent. If losing helps to establish superiority then that could be argued as a reasonable act for a sporting institution.

Similar to an F1 driver stepping aside to let a team mate win. The greater goal is the aim.

As I say, I wouldn't want us to do it, but I can see the argument for it.

of Rangers in this hypothetical scenario:

At a date in the future, the final game of the SPFL approaches. Aberdeen/Hibs/Dundee Utd/Partick Thistle take your pick are one point clear of Celtic at the top. Celtic play the bottom team and we have the top team at Ibrox. We cannot win the league no matter the result.

Question - do we deliberately lose the game to ensure that Celtic cannot win the League?

Question - would it make a difference to your answer above depending on which team was top?

Please be sure that you understand what the words, hypothetical and ensure mean before answering this post.

What an irritating cunt of a hypothetical pathetic thread.

Rangers do not deliberately lose a game.

Makes no difference which team is on top. We are holders of world records to be proud of in their own right.

Hoping that I was bright enough to understand the words hypothetical and ensure.

It's nothing to do with the low life though, it's to do with maintaining Rangers superiority.

Sport is an activity where one side competes against another. To compete is to strive to win or gain by defeating OR establish superiority over your opponent. If losing helps to establish superiority then that could be argued as a reasonable act for a sporting institution.

Similar to an F1 driver stepping aside to let a team mate win. The greater goal is the aim.

As I say, I wouldn't want us to do it, but I can see the argument for it.

I completely disagree with your premise and examples. ( such are opinions)

What an irritating cunt of a hypothetical pathetic thread.

Rangers do not deliberately lose a game.

Makes no difference which team is on top. We are holders of world records to be proud of in their own right.

Hoping that I was bright enough to understand the words hypothetical and ensure.

Yet you still feel the need to answer it. Thank you for your time and have a beautiful day.