The level playing field theory.

bawsburst

Do you think the fact members of our board spend on advertising at Morton. That that then gives them an advantage over us since they do not spend on advertising at Rangers? So in that case are the Easdales giving Morton an advantage over us? :pipe:

If you can't find enough reasons to out someone on the facts as they are, do we then just make up hypotheticals to help our cause?

Guess so...

So it seems you are trying to bring this to an argument about easedales. Now BB started this about level playing field. Well In correct terminology does it not mean on the pitch, not what happens off it, if all teams was equal do you really think ally would make the difference considering there ain't much difference between us and who we play, and there is a big gap in funding between us and our opponents. So I will ask, what evidence is there to say ally would make the difference in equal spending between us and our opponents

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When we are back at the top, I want a strong Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs etc etc, lets be honest horsing teams 4/5-0 every second week gets pretty dull after a while, If your an auld git like me you'll remember some of the cracking games we had with the above teams in the early eighties.

Why would ally be the difference, or is it an assumption, cause if you look at it, we wouldn't have players like jig,Wallace or anyone like that. So ally would have to rely on playing against teams with just as good players would he not

he would concede less goals than the rest and understands how to bore his way to victory. He is more experienced than the other managers and can call on vast experience throughout the game from managers that have done it all before. He would through his contacts also have a greater pool of players available. Some would say the pressure he was under the last two years left him on a level playing field with some of our opponents having the same side for years.

Plus the fact in the footballing sense he has rarely failed or been kept down is the drive that one would need to succeed

So it seems you are trying to bring this to an argument about easedales. Now BB started this about level playing field. Well In correct terminology does it not mean on the pitch, not what happens off it, if all teams was equal do you really think ally would make the difference considering there ain't much difference between us and who we play, and there is a big gap in funding between us and our opponents. So I will ask, what evidence is there to say ally would make the difference in equal spending between us and our opponents

What 'evidence' is there that he wouldn't

To be honest it's not a well worded question - as worded if everything was even then every game would be a draw.

I think if the Op rephrased his attempt at Ally out baiting thread to - if McCoist swapped with say Jim Jeffries would he do better with Dumfermline and Jeffries do better with Rangers - I say no - the Ally oot brigade will say yes - we wil never know!

Just to be clear, I have no interest in you telling me how to word anything... just as I have no interest in your opinions.

he would concede less goals than the rest and understands how to bore his way to victory. He is more experienced than the other managers and can call on vast experience throughout the game from managers that have done it all before. He would through his contacts also have a greater pool of players available. Some would say the pressure he was under the last two years left him on a level playing field with some of our opponents having the same side for years.

Plus the fact in the footballing sense he has rarely failed or been kept down is the drive that one would need to succeed

Yep Ally would do just fine

not really. Was more high lighting the use of hypotheticals to push agendas and how pointless and stupid they are, whilst pointing out people should be judged on what they do or achieve not guessing what would happen in never never land to then put another nail in said persons coffin

Just to be clear, I have no interest in you telling me how to word anything... just as I have no interest in your opinions.

A bit touchy to be posting on an open anonomous Internet forum then - and just a wee bit up yer ain arse by the sound of it - besides I like giving my opinion - hypothetically you can ignore me but in reality you love the attention

How do posters think we would cope?

I have no interest in your opinions?

You see what I mean, that's illogical, nonsensical and more than a little stupid.

Hypothetically of course - perhaps if the OP was clearer and. Said we need another way to have a wee dig at ally so only respond to this thread if you want him out - that would make the intentions much clearer. ( not that his intentions we're that well disguised anyway)

Guess who sees himself as a bit of a writer/author! Guess we know his soft spot now!

Need to update the odds now.....

Jack Irvine 4:1

Media house lacky 2:1

Bloggers lacky 3:1

Iain Hyslop 6:1 now 2:1

:000000082:

Iain hyslop knows nothing about football so it can't .....

.. Oh wait - Iain hyslop - good shout!

What 'evidence' is there that he wouldn't

Hard to determine if there is evidence to say we would be good, bad or indifferent. It is entirely hypothetical surely?

On the basis that we would have a lesser squad in a level playing field scenario, I think we'd have done worse than we have to date, my reasoning being based on the fact that with a good squad we have still struggled in a number of close games especially since the turn of the year i.e. lesser players, lesser performances. Of course, it could be argued that the management team could get better performances out of a squad that was deemed to be weaker than the current one, but I would refer back to last season as evidence that this would be unlikely.

Hard to determine if there is evidence to say we would be good, bad or indifferent. It is entirely hypothetical surely?

On that basis that we would have a lesser squad in a level playing field scenario, I think we'd have done worse than we have to date.

The op premise is wrong ( but he is a bit touchy about that) - you seem to be replying to a different question - if Rangers had the same cash / facilities/ support as (say) Dumfermline - would Ally do better or worse than Jim Jeffries at managing it gets closer to the point - close run thing that would be but I would take Ally to shade it

The op premise is wrong ( but he is a bit touchy about that) - you seem to be replying to a different question - if Rangers had the same cash / facilities/ support as (say) Dumfermline - would Ally do better or worse than Jim Jeffries at managing it gets closer to the point - close run thing that would be but I would take Ally to shade it

I tidied up my post a bit since you read it - but I see what you are getting at.

Still hypothetical though, you could argue that one all day as there would never be any hard evidence one way or the other to be able to back up your argument.

All things being equal we would struggle with the present day management team and structure.

If I've got bb;s question correct and he thinks that our present day opponents would have comparative resources (e.g. budgets and training facilities etc we do i honestly think McCoist would struggle to get us out this league nevermind the next one.

I think sometimes people forget our opponents train on parks/public parks while we have a multi million pound training facility.

Its difficult to think of one player such a facility has improved recently since he came to us.

If it was a truly level playing field, same resources, players, ground, training, etc and the managers had exactly the same experience, playing career, apprenticeship, international experience etc it would be a dead heat.

However, the question is not about level playing fields, it is about Ally.

All things being equal we would struggle with the present day management team and structure.

If I've got bb;s question correct and he thinks that our present day opponents would have comparative resources (e.g. budgets and training facilities etc we do i honestly think McCoist would struggle to get us out this league nevermind the next one.

I think sometimes people forget our opponents train on parks/public parks while we have a multi million pound training facility.

Its difficult to think of one player such a facility has improved recently since he came to us.

think some people also forget just cause your sitting in the cockpit of a lear jet doesn't mean your a great pilot.

Can you name one player that Auchenhowie has improved since it was opened?

Question doesn't really make sense? If we were all on a level playing field then we wouldn't have the same players or manager so what exact are we meant to compare here, as well as the fact that our opponents all have different levels of expenditure so how do we compare against teams who aren't already on a level playing field?