Political Ally.

CoopsLaud

No you back tracked, we did not start the season with a few players, unless 13 is the new few.

No bawsburst, I didn't back track. Of course there were players on the books. A team had to be started from scratch. It always amazes me how this is overlooked regardless of the level.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, do people never tire of this?

I will never tire of reminding people of the dire straits we were in at that time. Some blinkered people think we have a god given right to be at the top of the pile.

Hard work and a second to none support will get us back there. Not egotistical rhetoric.

Agree we owe Ally a huge amount of respect. The managers job in the last few years has been about taking a non-stop public beating, and most guys would have walked a long time ago. People complaining about the standard of football should check the points totals and think about keeping quiet.

Once we are back to full strength, I fully expect a different manager to be appointed. But given what he alone has done for us recently, Ally is above criticism, forever.

Hate his style both in his dignified media stances to his managerial approach ... keep winning the trophies? what's he won of note so far compared to what we've got dumped out of? we have a real chance of the Scottish Cup and that can start to define him as a manager - not moving up the leagues playing literally the worst teams in the world with the massive resources we have against them.

Literally?

He was given it by Charles Green. Who knew the 25 million would go so quick? Not even the smarter posters on here than me and you.

The money in the game is a bubble world to most of us. Ally is used to huge bucks from his football and media days. All in all he's done us proud by being a staying Ranger IMO..

A technical manager who can instill fear into players at the same time I'm sure he aint. But as I said in my post.... 'Where the fuck would we hae been withoot ye these last 2 years..?'

The same place we are now but probably playing watchable football

He was given it by Charles Green. Who knew the 25 million would go so quick? Not even the smarter posters on here than me and you.

The money in the game is a bubble world to most of us. Ally is used to huge bucks from his football and media days. All in all he's done us proud by being a staying Ranger IMO..

A technical manager who can instill fear into players at the same time I'm sure he aint. But as I said in my post.... 'Where the fuck would we hae been withoot ye these last 2 years..?'

1. wrong, whyte gave him it

2. erm we kinda all did, with the wage structure, the running day to day costs and amongst other things and with very little income, no european football, no player sales, nothing.

Agree we owe Ally a huge amount of respect. The managers job in the last few years has been about taking a non-stop public beating, and most guys would have walked a long time ago.

Agree completely

People complaining about the standard of football should check the points totals and think about keeping quiet.

What a load of shite!

What has the points total got to do with the standard of football we have to endure? You know what...I would much rather Ally said to us "Guys I know the standard isn't the greatest we're working on it" However it worries me that a few times now he has said he is happy with it.

The thing that gets me is the non stop criticism of Ally while we (well most of us) still call our training ground Murray Park.

Firstly, this man has held the club together for the last two years. He has had incredible circumstances, unique even, to work under.

Is he the man for the job long term? Honestly, right now, I don't think so.

However, I am willing to give this guy the opportunity to prove my, and all of your, inexperienced heads the chance to prove us wrong.

We absolutely rip into the players that left and yet here we have a guy who has played over 500 games for the club, scored 355 goals and gave up an easy but lucrative media career "to answer the call" and he gets ripped into for the last two years? Unbelievable Jeff!

Loyalty/loyalism? Some people don't even begin to know the concept of these words.

The same place we are now but probably playing watchable football

Big Alex and Walter's teams weren't exactly providing breathtaking edge of the seat football on a regular basis stb, with respect to them and yourself.

The thing that gets me is the non stop criticism of Ally while we (well most of us) still call our training ground Murray Park.

Firstly, this man has held the club together for the last two years. He has had incredible circumstances, unique even, to work under.

Is he the man for the job long term? Honestly, right now, I don't think so.

However, I am willing to give this guy the opportunity to prove my, and all of your, inexperienced heads the chance to prove us wrong.

We absolutely rip into the players that left and yet here we have a guy who has played over 500 games for the club, scored 355 goals and gave up an easy but lucrative media career "to answer the call" and he gets ripped into for the last two years? Unbelievable Jeff!

Loyalty/loyalism? Some people don't even begin to know the concept of these words.

So basically we should keep someone you yourself seem to admit isn't the answer in the manager's hot seat out of loyalty?

He can have some kind of ambassadorial role all day long if we're wanting to reward his service to us.

Big Alex and Walter's teams weren't exactly providing breathtaking edge of the seat football on a regular basis stb, with respect to them and yourself.

With the huge difference being they were fighting Celtic to win titles and trying to get us far in Europe.

Even then I still felt their teams were more enjoyable than McCoist's have been.

1. wrong, whyte gave him it

2. erm we kinda all did, with the wage structure, the running day to day costs and amongst other things and with very little income, no european football, no player sales, nothing.

Green or Whyte...... hell mend em both...

On your second point I concede as I have yet to win over a hindsight master..

With the huge difference being they were fighting Celtic to win titles and trying to get us far in Europe.

Even then I still felt their teams were more enjoyable than McCoist's have been.

We are watching football in the lower divisions stb. It's never going to be thrilling. I get by making the most of it until we have the challenge of the top leagues again.

So basically we should keep someone you yourself seem to admit isn't the answer in the manager's hot seat out of loyalty?

He can have some kind of ambassadorial role all day long if we're wanting to reward his service to us.

Who am I, or you, to make a reasoned judgement?

I'm a welding engineer. Honestly, I'm not equipped to judge McCoist or any other manèger who has worked under these circumstances.

Is Tim Sherwood a good manager - no

Is Brendan Rogers a good manager - yes.

They're easy to assess but how on earth can you judge (properly) if McCoist is a good manager.

He has had a whole squad fuck off.

A transfer embargo which mean he could only bring in free agents. The first season he had days to find players.

A former owner who had no intention of spending any money on players.

He operates in a country that for decades now does not produce anything like the talent it used to.

I also hear he blew a 15pt lead two seasons ago (that was really 9 with two games extra played) but he got us the lead in the first place and during that 'slump' all you knew was that Jelavic would be leaving and the continual rumours of administration.

Like I say it is really really unfair to get rid of him and give him all this abuse when you consider all that's happened in the last couple of years. I for one think he deserves the chance to work under normal circumstances and then judge him.

We are watching football in the lower divisions stb. It's never going to be thrilling. I get by making the most of it until we have the challenge of the top leagues again.

Can't agree, using these lower leagues we should have tried to build up a different way of playing football as results were never going to be at risk, teams playing against us have managed to look like more attractive sides sometimes.

Sadly it's probably too late now

Agree we owe Ally a huge amount of respect. The managers job in the last few years has been about taking a non-stop public beating, and most guys would have walked a long time ago. People complaining about the standard of football should check the points totals and think about keeping quiet.

Once we are back to full strength, I fully expect a different manager to be appointed. But given what he alone has done for us recently, Ally is above criticism, forever.

You are fucking at it

I'm a welding engineer. Honestly, I'm not equipped to judge McCoist or any other manèger who has worked under these circumstances.

They're easy to assess but how on earth can you judge (properly) if McCoist is a good manager.

A transfer embargo which mean he could only bring in free agents. The first season he had days to find players.

He operates in a country that for decades now does not produce anything like the talent it used to.

I also hear he blew a 15pt lead two seasons ago (that was really 9 with two games extra played) but he got us the lead in the first place and during that 'slump' all you knew was that Jelavic would be leaving and the continual rumours of administration.

Like I say it is really really unfair to get rid of him and give him all this abuse when you consider all that's happened in the last couple of years. I for one think he deserves the chance to work under normal circumstances and then judge him.

He's coming up to three seasons in charge, the first one he inherited a squad that won three in a row but saw us exit four cup competitions early doors and be well on our way to losing the title after having a substantial lead. The last two he's had millions worth of resources in leagues made up of part time teams, yet more often than not we've produced dire performances and still had some very poor cup campaigns (although the next two games could change that outlook).

Obviously while McCoist is still here as manager he has the chance to prove people wrong and I really hope he does, but i'm comfortable enough judging right now that he's just not up to it.

Tell a lie often enough etc etc.