Political Ally.

CoopsLaud

Maybe Alistair was on holiday that year.

RANGERS' pre-season is underway and 13 senior squad members have reported for the first day of training this morning.

Lee McCulloch - a likely contender to be named club captain by manager Ally McCoist - was amongst the first to arrive at the club's training ground at Auchenhowie at 9am.

And he was quickly joined by Kyle Hutton, Ross Perry, Kal Naismith and reserve goalkeeper Scott Gallacher.

Scotland defender Lee Wallace, who confirmed his commitment to the club earlier this week, joined the group as well.

And goalie Neil Alexander also showed up along with Kirk Broadfoot and fit-again striker Kane Hemmings.

Darren Cole is in the squad which is currently going through fitness tests after his loan spell at Partick Thistle last season.

And out-of-contract players Salim Kerkar, Chris Hegarty and Andy Mitchell are there too along with a selection of youths as they look to win new deals with the Light Blues.

Despite a turbulent last few weeks for everyone connected with the club, spirits were high as head of sports science Adam Owen put their players through their paces.

There was no sign of Alejandro Bedoya or Dorin Goian but they have been given extended holidays and are not scheduled to be back until late next week.

Carlos Bocanegra and Maurice Edu are also missing for now after their recent internationals with the USA and they are expected in Glasgow again in mid-July.

. (tu)

Who am I, or you, to make a reasoned judgement?

I'm a welding engineer. Honestly, I'm not equipped to judge McCoist or any other manèger who has worked under these circumstances.

Is Tim Sherwood a good manager - no

Is Brendan Rogers a good manager - yes.

They're easy to assess but how on earth can you judge (properly) if McCoist is a good manager.

He has had a whole squad fuck off.

A transfer embargo which mean he could only bring in free agents. The first season he had days to find players.

A former owner who had no intention of spending any money on players.

He operates in a country that for decades now does not produce anything like the talent it used to.

I also hear he blew a 15pt lead two seasons ago (that was really 9 with two games extra played) but he got us the lead in the first place and during that 'slump' all you knew was that Jelavic would be leaving and the continual rumours of administration.

Like I say it is really really unfair to get rid of him and give him all this abuse when you consider all that's happened in the last couple of years. I for one think he deserves the chance to work under normal circumstances and then judge him.

Tell a lie often enough etc etc. :pipe:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, this man has held the club together for the last two years. He has had incredible circumstances, unique even, to work under.

Genuine question here, is having £7m wage budgets, best facilities in the land, packed stadium every second week, a £800K a year salary, £1m worth of shares and virtually no competition in the league something that any manager in Scottish football would walk away from because of boardroom troubles? He repeatedly tells us that he takes nothing to do with the financial side, so why would he 'walk away'? Is it loyalty, or is it because being manager of Rangers in the biggest and best paid job in the country?

This much talked about club supported all encompassing fans group. Ally resigns this summer as manager withall the plaudits for winning the treble and takes over the helm of this fans group. Unites us as one.

Club opens vacancy for applications.

This for me would be a " if guiness did summers" dream. If only.

Genuine question here, is having £7m wage budgets, best facilities in the land, packed stadium every second week, a £800K a year salary, £1m worth of shares and virtually no competition in the league something that any manager in Scottish football would walk away from because of boardroom troubles? He repeatedly tells us that he takes nothing to do with the financial side, so why would he 'walk away'? Is it loyalty, or is it because being manager of Rangers in the biggest and best paid job in the country?

Was having a lucrative media career with no pressure etc better than an asst managers job.

Was having a lucrative media career with no pressure etc better than an asst managers job.

Depends what you mean by better? Financially? Probably on par. Lifestyle, probably worse as you would be based in London away from your family and doing a serious amount of travelling. As a 'football man' I'd rather be making a difference on the park instead of commentating on it.

So basically we should keep someone you yourself seem to admit isn't the answer in the manager's hot seat out of loyalty?

He can have some kind of ambassadorial role all day long if we're wanting to reward his service to us.

Yeah but however much you say it, he will still be Manager come the start of next season.

if we can sell a few and sign a few, let go a few on freedom of contract, Fresh blood and a new challenge, who knows we might get some entertainment yet.

Yeah but however much you say it, he will still be Manager come the start of next season.

if we can sell a few and sign a few, let go a few on freedom of contract, Fresh blood and a new challenge, who knows we might get some entertainment yet.

The squad and standard of players should be able to give us that now. Guys like Bell, Wallace, Smith, Foster, Black, Law, Templeton, Shiels, Daly are all experience SPL players - some with international experience. The issue shouldn't be 'let's give the manager more players, then it might work' it should be 'why isn't he getting the best from what he has'?

Yes i'm aware he will, even if we get beaten the next two games he probably will

The squad and standard of players should be able to give us that now. Guys like Bell, Wallace, Smith, Foster, Black, Law, Templeton, Shiels, Daly are all experience SPL players - some with international experience. The issue shouldn't be 'let's give the manager more players, then it might work' it should be 'why isn't he getting the best from what he has'?

Depends what you want to call working mate, not going to make any lists but if we win our next 8 games I would call this a fairly successful season.

Could have worded better - some of the worlds worst teams, literally

Anyone that says otherwise is blinded by loyalty to Ally

Think you need to qualify that statement, some of the worlds worst professional teams I would accept, I have seen some on here compare them to pub teams, how do you think Albion Rovers would do against your local pub team, bearing in mind they put Motherwell out the cup...

Think you need to qualify that statement, some of the worlds worst professional teams I would accept, I have seen some on here compare them to pub teams, how do you think Albion Rovers would do against your local pub team, bearing in mind they put Motherwell out the cup...

So what if Albion put out Motherwell? Shocks happen - some of the worlds worst teams have been dumping Motherwell out of Europe at the first go for 20 years now

I don't need to qualify anything if you disagree for real and genuinely don't think your Annans, Elgins, East Stirlings etc are some of the worst pro teams going then I honestly question your sanity

So what if Albion put out Motherwell? Shocks happen - some of the worlds worst teams have been dumping Motherwell out of Europe at the first go for 20 years now

I don't need to qualify anything if you disagree for real and genuinely don't think your Annans, Elgins, East Stirlings etc are some of the worst pro teams going then I honestly question your sanity

Glad you agree!!

Who am I, or you, to make a reasoned judgement?

I'm a welding engineer. Honestly, I'm not equipped to judge McCoist or any other manèger who has worked under these circumstances.

Is Tim Sherwood a good manager - no

Is Brendan Rogers a good manager - yes.

They're easy to assess but how on earth can you judge (properly) if McCoist is a good manager.

He has had a whole squad fuck off.

A transfer embargo which mean he could only bring in free agents. The first season he had days to find players.

A former owner who had no intention of spending any money on players.

He operates in a country that for decades now does not produce anything like the talent it used to.

I also hear he blew a 15pt lead two seasons ago (that was really 9 with two games extra played) but he got us the lead in the first place and during that 'slump' all you knew was that Jelavic would be leaving and the continual rumours of administration.

Like I say it is really really unfair to get rid of him and give him all this abuse when you consider all that's happened in the last couple of years. I for one think he deserves the chance to work under normal circumstances and then judge him.

How dare you, you cunt.

Tim Sherwood is a great manager

It's amazing, the same people who back this board and previously backed Chico Green will not give our greatest ever goalscorer and one of the dream team the proper time and circumstances to prove himself.

Unbelievable Jeff!

Bringing Green into more threads for no reason zzz