No large banners will be allowed into Easter Rd on Sunday

Zappa

As a Ger living south of the border it concerns me that many people in England are getting pissed off with this sort of draconian measure and see Scotland as a laughing stock. Sadly some hope that there will be an overwhelming Yes vote in the referendum. People are sick and tired of the little Hitlers taking control of matters north of the border with nobody having the guts to stand up them.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hibs fans welcoming Celtic to Easter Road with a massive 'surfer' banner in February last year...

JS13784085-2465763.jpg

Another large surfer at Easter Road courtesy of Section43. Again allowed during their 2012/13 season....

q4v9yoX.jpg

Celtic fans at Easter Road on 18th February 2012...

ZwV9O.png

As a Ger living south of the border it concerns me that many people in England are getting pissed off with this sort of draconian measure and see Scotland as a laughing stock. Sadly some hope that there will be an overwhelming Yes vote in the referendum. People are sick and tired of the little Hitlers taking control of matters north of the border with nobody having the guts to stand up them.

The question is...Who is to blame with Scotlands odd policing at the football? Is it Cameron or is it Salmond? Who in charge in this department?

what a fucking cop out.

I get the no pyro rule,and agree with it. But using it as an excuse to ban flags is bloody pathetic.

All they need to do is position a few stewards at the back of the stadium,they will be able to see anyone behind the banners. I hope the club come out and say something about this.

what a fucking cop out.

I get the no pyro rule,and agree with it. But using it as an excuse to ban flags is bloody pathetic.

All they need to do is position a few stewards at the back of the stadium,they will be able to see anyone behind the banners. I hope the club come out and say something about this.

Our fans are up against it with these clowns at Police Scotland gogzy and something tells me the Club aren't going to do much unless they come under heavy fire today.

The head of security David Martin has told the Bridgeton guys that each match is evaluated on its own respective values, which basically gives them carte blanche on any individual fixture to do whatever they like and change the rules to suit themselves.

Easter Road - BBC Alba - No big banners to make it a spectacle.

They really hate the fact that we're on the way back.

This is they type of cause the 'fans groups' should be battling against, yet their collective silence is astounding.

Police Scotland, aka the Stazi, has just announced that fans caught singing, laughing, smiling or in anyway enjoying themselves will be arrested.

This is they type of cause the 'fans groups' should be battling against, yet their collective silence is astounding.

Police Scotland, aka the Stazi, has just announced that fans caught singing, laughing, smiling or in anyway enjoying themselves will be arrested.

This (tu)

The RST released a statement on the issue yesterday?

Police Scotland doing their upmost to destroy the atmosphere of a cup final. It's bizarre that we've had one or two incidents with pyro this season yet we are treated like it's a common occurrence.

Celtic ruin a section of fir park and they get to take whatever they want to their fina....oh aye, whoops, Nevermind about that bit.

This is what the RFFF money should be used for, challenging this ridiculous bill that allows over the top policing to ruin a perfectly good day out.

The club and fans should be fighting this to fuck. Don't let it rest because if they can get away with doing it tomorrow with little opposition they'll continue to do it.

Fans are completely up against it in the UK but the backing of the club is what we need. As seen with the taigs months ago, flags banned off PS, club come out against it, unbanned.

sneak them in and fck them,only joking plod! but if someone did they are not going to wade into the crowd at a final live on tv.

Also what constitutes `large banner`in the legal sense? Is a large Union flag ok then? If not then what is the maximum size allowed `legally`?

`Hello police how can we help you?` `Going to the match tomorrow and want to take a flag,maybe a banner,what`s the maximum size I can take?`

`Er ...em...hold on and I`ll check`

Absolute joke!

sneak them in and fck them,only joking plod! but if someone did they are not going to wade into the crowd at a final live on tv.

Also what constitutes `large banner`in the legal sense? Is a large Union flag ok then? If not then what is the maximum size allowed `legally`?

`Hello police how can we help you?` `Going to the match tomorrow and want to take a flag,maybe a banner,what`s the maximum size I can take?`

`Er ...em...hold on and I`ll check`

Absolute joke!

wish the bastards had made the announcement sooner --- perfect opportunity for a card display

Heads up!

Discovered by the Bridgeton Loyal who've been in talks with David Martin all week about their brand new 24ft x 24ft banner.

Both Rangers & Hibs security had gave the banner the ok as it's professionally made and has all the required safety certification.

The Bridgeton Loyal lads just found out tonight from Rangers that Police Scotland have said NO large banners will be allowed into Easter Road on Sunday.

Looks like certain people at Police Scotland are really trying to put a dampner on this Cup final.

Aye Stephen House no doubt - McKaskill's lacky.