"I dont fear for my job at all" says Ally.

pcbear

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers boss Ally McCoist insists he does not fear for his job despite seeing his side defeated in the Ramsdens Cup final.

Raith Rovers stunned the Glasgow giants with John Baird's extra-time winner ending Ibrox hopes of a treble.

The League One champions were overwhelming favourites to lift the trophy for the first time but put in an abject display as they lost 1-0.

To make matters worse, the chances they did create were wasted as Bilel Mohsni and Lee Wallace failed to convert during the 90 minutes while Nicky Law hit a post in extra time.

Fifers' keeper Lee Robinson - the hero with former club Queen of the South in last year's final - was again a pivotal figure with a string of saves.

But having now failed to win any of the eight cup competitions they have entered during McCoist's reign, the manager is certain to come under fresh flak from fans.

However, the former Light Blues striker said: "I don't fear for my future at all.

"I know the fans won't be happy but no one will have to tell me anything, that's for sure."

McCoist - whose side face and even tougher test next Saturday when they take on Dundee United in the William Hill Scottish Cup semi-final - added: "I've had some big disappointments.

"That's up there with all the major disappointments that I've had, but it's not just about me - it's about the team and the club and the players, all of us together. So it's a big disappointment and we need to take it on the chin.

"We don't have time to feel sorry for ourselves. That's the one thing we can't do. We've got a big game to look forward to on Saturday."

Now is not the time anyway, we have a big semi final and after that would be the time for Wallace and Ally to sit down and call it a day.

Of course he doesn't fear for his job, he'll use today's result as ammunition in his quest to be given ludicrous amounts of money to try and stumble through the 1st division next season and when he isn't given the funds he demands it'll be Graham Wallace and the board who are chased out the door.

Hopefully not. Doesn't have the temperament to manage us and throws his toys out the pram far too easily.

As long as he throws them at the players I'll be happy.

The players need to have a word with themselves. Regardless of gaffer, that was shocking.

If he's got the best interests of Rangers at heart he'll resign tomorrow..

If he's more interested in money he'll continue to kid on he's a football manager.

he took £800k doing a job in the lower league. He is more passionate about money than our club. I hope he walks away at the end of the season regardless of what happens in the SC.

I honestly think Ally believes he's untouchable, he is Rangers and he's a good manager, but if this statement is correct...."it's about the team and the club and the players, all of us together"....What about the fans Ally? the ones who pay your wages, the ones who have to put up with the humiliation tomorrow.

Because we're fucking skint! We can't pay him off.

This shouldn't be an issue as he has earned plenty from Rangers.

He is clueless as a manager and his coaching staff have also let us down .

Whilst Raith's players were warming up with an intricate pass and move exercise our team were taking shots at the keeper except for the centre backs who were incredibly practicing heading the ball with the assistant manager throwing it up in the air to them. Amateur hour indeed.

First time that I've heard the team booed in a cup final and very few staying behind to acclaim the team after the match.

As long as he throws them at the players I'll be happy.

The players need to have a word with themselves. Regardless of gaffer, that was shocking.

I think the only thing Ally throws at the players is a few jokes, they commented on the radio at H/T that the players are good enough but they aren't playing to their level, is that down to them or their management/training.