"The boys were a bit patched up today"

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been a staunch supporter of McCoist for some time, but I really do think that it is concerning that a Rangers side -- who had players who are technically and physically superior to their Raith Rovers opponents, including players with experience in very high level matches -- did not win this game.

A high number of Rangers players looked lethargic. I'd like to be assured by Rangers people (for example, Jim Henry) that strength and conditioning methods, plus recovery methods, plus pre-match perparation methods, are up to par with where they should be (leading edge) for a club of Rangers' size and history in the game. This is not an area where corners should be cut if Rangers seek to maintain high standards.

Raith Rovers have number of players who are post-peak, both physically and technically, plus a number who have never reached their own potential peaks in the first place. I congratulate them on their victory, but am very concerned that the Rangers players and management team could not find a way to dominate and win this match, given the disparity of resources.

I am not sure that all the personal abuse and foul language in this thread has enhanced the debate and as a newbie, I'm, surprised that it's tolerated by the moderators.

Just ignore it and post about the OP and the thread will get back on track.

this the same 'fans' who have been hounding him for months despite an incredible league run? the league is all that matters right now. i wouldnt be telling my grandkids the heroic tale of of our ramsdens cup win in 20 years, but i will be telling them about the incredible journey back to the top our legendary striker turned manager took us on. some people need to get a fucking grip we are a league 1 team in scotland and they expect barcelona-esque football every single week. until we are struggling with our league form i wont be worrying.

:lol:

You really are at it

As I stated in my last thread yesterday, Dundee Hivs will rape us next week going on yesterdays non performance and non tactics. It was humiliating to watch a team of non triers wearing Rangers strips and more humiliating to read the nonsense that McCoist was spouting regarding playing injured/unfit players.