Ally should have walked / been sacked a long time ago

Virtuoso

Makes for depressing reading tbh. Don't agree with the worse than Manchester statement though, albeit, it was very hard to take.

We got beat in a European final by a good Zenit team.

We got beat in the Ramsdens Cup final by a team from a small town in Fife who's entire population could fit in Ibrox.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearts CVA is only partly agreed. The bank which holds the lease for Tynecastle has still to be persuaded. If they fail to agree then they'll be liquidated.

Thank goodness, all is not lost then. Let's hope the end is nigh for them.

Depressing stuff.

I could accept defeats if there was the indication of progress being made in other areas, but that isn't the case.

I also don't know who else would want the job if/when Ally does go.

All in all its tough times for us just now.

No defending him at all but it's no like Ally is to blame for it all. What about the players? I know the manager plays a very important part but what about the people on the pitch kicking the ball? No matter what the manager says or what positions they're in, you'd think they'd be playing a lot better especially considering the wages they're on ffs.

No defending him at all but it's no like Ally is to blame for it all. What about the players? I know the manager plays a very important part but what about the people on the pitch kicking the ball? No matter what the manager says or what positions they're in, you'd think they'd be playing a lot better especially considering the wages they're on ffs.

Hard to blame the players when the manager plays them out of position. FFS, yesterday we had a left back at right back, a centre back at right back and a left back in midfield. Then you have his bright idea of playing an unfit striker, in a 4 - 5 - 1 formation in a cup final.

The guy is fucking clueless.

The manager sets up the team, decides on formation/tactics etc.. and he's clearly not getting it right. The players just aren't cutting it either though, how many players do we have, that you watch and think to yourself 'yep he's a really decent footballer' Wallace and Bell perhaps but that's it for me, (possibly McLeod & Templeton)?

This is the worst Rangers side I've seen in 35 years, including the barren times of the early 80's. Wasn't so much angry walking away from Easter Road back to the bus yesterday (that ship sailed long ago), just bitterly disappointed at yet another abject display devoid of any entertainment value whatsoever.

A regular 600 mile round trip to watch this standard of football is getting harder to endure, I'm not sure what the answer is but Ally and his current staff don't seem to be part of the solution.

I think you have missed one of the most important factors. The style of football (or lack of it that we have been playing over the last two years). I remember Barca after we got a 0-0 home draw calling Walters tactics "Anti football". Well we've been watching anti football at its finest for the last two years.

And "it's results that matter " he says .In which case ,he should be fired for that list on its own .

Exactly. All that his league run has done is paper over the cracks. To be honest, I don't know were he goes from here, as it's evident that without the team and resources he has, then he would ultimately struggle to win anything.

I suppose there will always be a job for him in the media / television.

Those who are claiming that we should move on from yesterdays loss are failing to see the bigger picture. Since becoming manager, the tactically inept one has:

......anyone still care to defend him.

The 1st 5 points would have been suffice. Administration saved McCoist. Craig White/ Charlie Greens escapades saved him. Truth is, because of the mess of our club, Mccoist will still be here come next season.

Sad, sad times to be a bluenose.

Having read this and all the other threads surely,surely to God, Ally will resign and not expect any compensation from the club. This would be the least he could do for the future well - being of the club. Or I am being naive ? I sincerely hope I'm not.

Having read this and all the other threads surely,surely to God, Ally will resign and not expect any compensation from the club. This would be the least he could do for the future well - being of the club. Or I am being naive ? I sincerely hope I'm not.

Allys on a long contract to the tune of around £800k a year. I believe that was cut down to £400k a few months ago to save the club money. Even then, were still talking about £1-1.5 million to cancel that contract id imagine.

Unless he walks away, the club cannot afford this.

Allys on a long contract to the tune of around £800k a year. I believe that was cut down to £400k a few months ago to save the club money. Even then, were still talking about £1-1.5 million to cancel that contract id imagine.

Obviously Ally the legend will not take a penny and just walk.

Can we not just sack him for incompetence.