Realistically, I can't see a managerial change soon.

I can't see this current board, with the prevailing finances of late, sanction a pay-off for Ally and his team, let alone compensating another club for a more rated manager. They may also see him as a useful decoy for supporters' dissatisfaction, taking some focus of their shortcomings.

If Dave King comes in, I suspect he would be sympathetic to McCoist and keep him too, probably giving him more funds.

I've been one of the least critical, but even my patience is being stretched beyond precedent when it comes to "pass (with moderate success) and don't move" and a static posture with hands in pocket offering little or no guidance to struggling youngsters on the wing right in front of the dugout. Limp careless performances on the field rarely seem to motivate the dugout to act.

Next season is a huge one, full of many unknowns but an important one. Can this half-hearted bunch of semi-interested workman-like performers raise their game for that? I don't know. Perhaps Saturday will answer those questions but will that offer any further clue? I'm not sure.

I've been told they were saving themselves for next week, due to the injury crisis. Well, we'll get to see what they've got left on Saturday, but I'm not sure that there will be a conclusive outcome off the field, even if we get one on the field.

And what if these players do actually raise their game and turn in a performance against United? Well that would only raise more question marks over their desire, professionalism and their manager's ability to motivate and organise them

Questions would still remain over why they couldn't find another gear in 90 minutes to clinch a match that was well within their capabilities to win.

Can such a grinding approach be a viable route out of the Championship whilst keeping ticket receipts up? I have my doubts.

We can only imagine what, if any, strategy is Ally's long term plan and how he is working to that. At the moment the performances are rolling off the conveyor belt with a factory style drudgery that is only good for a remedy against insomnia.

It's not a nice place to be, but we're approaching a crossroads at an unknown rate with no clear direction in mind. I can offer no solution at this point or even a suggestion. Unfortunately, I feel we are still in limbo but hope that something will give us some much needed momentum. Will that come on Saturday? Sadly, I cannot have any confidence in any outcome other that the recent repeat performances.

However, there is one thing I do know. We simply cannot give in. That is never an option.

ally will be staying until the end of the season no matter how hard dundee fuck us on saturday. if he goes then it'll be during summer i think. hopefully by then dave king makes his mind up on what he's gonna do and we can pay ally to walk away so we can get in a proper manager who can work with our players to prepare them for the championship.

I want him gone today but he won't, he may even survive not getting promoted next season as well. Ally has played his hand very well he has got himself into an almost untouchable position and that is a very dangerous thing for Rangers.

He's not untouchable. The fans will dictate his destiny now and it's not looking good for him.

The slogan of "we don't do walking away" means that he would lose even more face if he leaves the job of his own free will; it's also likely that he would hope to continue and add attempt to improve the squad by means of chequebook, regardless of whatever confidence he has in his own abilities to manage the squad.

The board may be well be paralysed by the financial situation, plus deterred by the (decreasing) number of fans who cannot bear to face the pain of seeing a much loved club legend downcast as a failure in the managerial role. As horrible as it feels I can't stand to see us continue in such an incompetent manner; all I can do is hope that we avoid disaster in the coming season.

Mcoist will go.. but not until there is another manager lined up.

The question any manager will be asking now is can I do better than lose 18 games in 3 years.

The answer will likely be no.

Why on earth would any manager want to step into allys shoes? The facts of the Rangers mangers position is this.

You could get better paid elsewhere

You will have lower expectations from the board elsewhere

You will have lower expectations from the fans elsewhere

You will have a bigger transfer kitty elsewhere

You will be allowed a "transitional" period elsewhere

You will be able to keep a lower profile elsewhere

Who in their right mind will step upto the mark other than someone that doesn't have the pedigree to manage our club the way we want?

Allys ethos of grinding out wins has made him a statistically good manager and will make it hard for a replacement to exceed him. Likewise these ground out performances have left us feeling so bitter towards the club that theres no way we could accept any worse results - even if it was good for us in the long run.

The next manager can only be someone that wants the best for our club - a Rangers man.

Cos he sure as hell wont be taking up the position to better himself.

The question any manager will be asking now is can I do better than lose 18 games in 3 years.

Why on earth would any manager want to step into allys shoes? The facts of the Rangers mangers position is this.

Who in their right mind will step upto the mark other than someone that doesn't have the pedigree to manage our club the way we want?

Allys ethos of grinding out wins has made him a statistically good manager and will make it hard for a replacement to exceed him. Likewise these ground out performances have left us feeling so bitter towards the club that theres no way we could accept any worse results - even if it was good for us in the long run.

The next manager can only be someone that wants the best for our club - a Rangers man.

Rubbish that the next manager should be a "Rangers man" the next manager has to be a good tactician with new fresh ideas. Get this "Rangers man" pish out your head

Pays offs will need to be Ally and backroom staff and the shite players he has bought. Isn't that the Rangers way though. How many players have we had to pay off over the years? I seem to remember loads with Big Eck.

Our best hope is Mccoist deciding himself that his times up

The board would struggle to get the money to pay him off

If they did they would still risk the wrath of the clowns in RST, RSA, Sons of Struth, UBS, blue order etc who either love the man or will use sacking a legend to up their ante against the board

McCoist has all his slime ball pals in the media such as DJ, Daziell, Keevins, Rae, Fergusons who will do everything to keep him in a job regardless

And most of all he won't walk away because he thinks he's doing a good job - he's deluded

We are fucked with him in charge

The time was about 2.5 years ago to get rid of him before he became so embedded in this club that he's become bigger than the club for too many people

Before all this anti board crap started I had Andy Kerr tell me in a drinking den to stick with McCoist this man will be a top manager and get us back where we belong - stick with him etc - that's how deluded the people of influence in our club are

The slogan of "we don't do walking away" means that he would lose even more face if he leaves the job of his own free will; it's also likely that he would hope to continue and add attempt to improve the squad by means of chequebook, regardless of whatever confidence he has in his own abilities to manage the squad.

The board may be well be paralysed by the financial situation, plus deterred by the (decreasing) number of fans who cannot bear to face the pain of seeing a much loved club legend downcast as a failure in the managerial role. As horrible as it feels I can't stand to see us continue in such an incompetent manner; all I can do is hope that we avoid disaster in the coming season.

His cheerleaders in the mhedia (DJ & Matthew Lindsay) have already started the "poor wee Ally gee him some more money to spunk" mantra. Our team and squad is easily good enough to beat Raith rovers and no Uncle Tom or drinking pal of Ally can tell me otherwise

Sorry but most of this is rubbish. As I've mentioned before when lambasting Ally remember there's lies, damned lies and statistics. 18 losses in 3 years might sound impressive but isn't when you look at the gulf between us and the opposition in all areas. And for the games we've won we've been mostly chronic with no progression on the way we play since he took the reins so a new manager with the same resources simply has to hit the same levels but play more attractive football in doing so. That wont be hard as this is the ugliest I've seen Rangers play in my life supporting them and I go back to the Greig days.