Realistically, I can't see a managerial change soon.

Rubbish that the next manager should be a "Rangers man" the next manager has to be a good tactician with new fresh ideas. Get this "Rangers man" pish out your head

What im saying is that in our position the job of Rangers manager will not appeal to anyone other than a rangers supporter.

Sorry but most of this is rubbish. As I've mentioned before when lambasting Ally remember there's lies, damned lies and statistics. 18 losses in 3 years might sound impressive but isn't when you look at the gulf between us and the opposition in all areas. And for the games we've won we've been mostly chronic with no progression on the way we play since he took the reins so a new manager with the same resources simply has to hit the same levels but play more attractive football in doing so. That wont be hard as this is the ugliest I've seen Rangers play in my life supporting them and I go back to the Greig days.

But until the punters start to hurt the boards pockets what does it matter if we play ugly yet win if we still empty our pockets.

Its not a one way process. The board seem to be happy with the wins we get and regardless of whats said on here the fans are still "happy" to pump money in to fund it.

But until the punters start to hurt the boards pockets what does it matter if we play ugly yet win if we still empty our pockets.

Its not a one way process. The board seem to be happy with the wins we get and regardless of whats said on here the fans are still "happy" to pump money in to fund it.

But we wont play that way and win as many games next season and the season after that should we manage to get promoted. What makes you think the board are happy because they shouldn't be.

Would he not be due a £1.5milliion pay off? If so then no chance.

Can he not be sacked for 'gross incompetence'?

John Greig, PLG, Davie Whyte and even Mr Symon were not above being sacked, the latter being an absolutely shocking decision but that's another story.

All with the possible exception of Greig were better managers than McCoist.

Please just go.

I can't see this current board, with the prevailing finances of late, sanction a pay-off for Ally and his team, let alone compensating another club for a more rated manager. They may also see him as a useful decoy for supporters' dissatisfaction, taking some focus of their shortcomings.

If Dave King comes in, I suspect he would be sympathetic to McCoist and keep him too, probably giving him more funds.

I've been one of the least critical, but even my patience is being stretched beyond precedent when it comes to "pass (with moderate success) and don't move" and a static posture with hands in pocket offering little or no guidance to struggling youngsters on the wing right in front of the dugout. Limp careless performances on the field rarely seem to motivate the dugout to act.

Next season is a huge one, full of many unknowns but an important one. Can this half-hearted bunch of semi-interested workman-like performers raise their game for that? I don't know. Perhaps Saturday will answer those questions but will that offer any further clue? I'm not sure.

I've been told they were saving themselves for next week, due to the injury crisis. Well, we'll get to see what they've got left on Saturday, but I'm not sure that there will be a conclusive outcome off the field, even if we get one on the field.

And what if these players do actually raise their game and turn in a performance against United? Well that would only raise more question marks over their desire, professionalism and their manager's ability to motivate and organise them

Questions would still remain over why they couldn't find another gear in 90 minutes to clinch a match that was well within their capabilities to win.

Can such a grinding approach be a viable route out of the Championship whilst keeping ticket receipts up? I have my doubts.

We can only imagine what, if any, strategy is Ally's long term plan and how he is working to that. At the moment the performances are rolling off the conveyor belt with a factory style drudgery that is only good for a remedy against insomnia.

It's not a nice place to be, but we're approaching a crossroads at an unknown rate with no clear direction in mind. I can offer no solution at this point or even a suggestion. Unfortunately, I feel we are still in limbo but hope that something will give us some much needed momentum. Will that come on Saturday? Sadly, I cannot have any confidence in any outcome other that the recent repeat performances.

However, there is one thing I do know. We simply cannot give in. That is never an option.

Great post Oleg, I am of the same mindset as you on this one, and your last line is so Rangers, and so true of our great teams and managers of the past, but unfortunately, this has not been forthcoming under Ally's tenure.

Sad as it is, the team and the coaching staff don't seem to be up to the task at hand, and unfortunately will not be listed in the history annuls as anywhere near great (Ally's playing career aside).

:7325:

I still think Rangers would fuck up the replacement if they finally grew the balls to sack him.

Lee McCulloch player/manager :anguish:

We need someone who doesn't give a fuck about jobs for the boys.

This is a real fear of mine too