I am heartbroken asking this

dummiesoot

If the board cannot afford to sack Ally they have to come out and tell us. If that is the case im sure we can raise the money between us to get shot of him.

That will never happen, the board publicly stating they don't support the manager but can't pay him off will only make matters worse on and off the field.

If the board cannot afford to sack Ally they have to come out and tell us. If that is the case im sure we can raise the money between us to get shot of him.

That's not what the OP asked. He asked if the board can afford NOT to sack him. As in, will we sell enough season tickets while he is still in charge.

Personally I think season tickets could struggle to sell while McCoist is still there sadly.

They need to think of the long term future. Less and less people will renew season tickets. if he loves the club so much he should walk without a penny. PLG had the class to do so. No doubt super will we wanting his greedy mits on every last penny. Deluded joke of a manager.

That's not what the OP asked. He asked if the board can afford NOT to sack him. As in, will we sell enough season tickets while he is still in charge.

Personally I think season tickets could struggle to sell while McCoist is still there sadly.

Misread as im sitting here shocked angry and saddened by what is going on and not taking the post in. Time to call it a night from here,head is melted !

Can the board afford NOT to sack Ally? Will season tickets sell whilst we are still seeing sub standard football from what were very good quality SPL players?

To be fair mate I'm not sure how much of an effect it will have either way in all honesty. You'll have x amount who won't renew if he stays and y amount who won't renew if he's sacked.

I'll be renewing regardless of Ally's fate and it's not out of blind faith it's to support my club, these are difficult times and I can live in hope that at some point we will have an actual football manager in charge.

To be fair mate I'm not sure how much of an effect it will have either way in all honesty. You'll have x amount who won't renew if he stays and y amount who won't renew if he's sacked.

I'll be renewing regardless of Ally's fate and it's not out of blind faith it's to support my club, these are difficult times and I can live in hope that at some point we will have an actual football manager in charge.

I think there are more will buy an ST if Ally is not manager. A new broom with new optimism so to speak.

There must be some sort of weighing up of the balances going on. If Ally McCoist is not seen by the Board to do enough to generate ST sales then what is his real value to the Board when performances (again) like Sunday provide evidence that his team underperforms massively and indicates that not enough is being extracted from that squad in terms of their football performance. On the other hand, if they take this as a blip and the sole objective was promotion regardless of how pretty or ugly the football is then there is no reason to remove Ally - so long as ST sales to the expected level are made.

But if there is a ST boycott - and if Ally does not do enough to influence people to avoid the boycott, and / or if the result in the Scottish Cup game is bad with a bad performance from a side outplayed by the opposition, then it is hard to see how the Board could not be seriously considering whether Ally can deliver promotion next season. Ally's position (perhaps to many minds) as indispensible to Rangers at this time may be less strong than he himself or others might think. 2 bad results (if that happens) plus ST sale dips might tip the balance decisively against him in terms of confidence that he can deliver the right football results and do the job the Board want him to do.

Can the board afford NOT to sack Ally? Will season tickets sell whilst we are still seeing sub standard football from what were very good quality SPL players?

It is a big question and one that every ST holder needs to ask themselves.

Holding back ST money has been dicsussed in another context recently and, in the same vein, ST holders have the choice to force the issue of the manager via their decision to renew or not.

The consequences on holding abck on renewing could be very dangerous for the club as a whole as Somers pointed out at the release of the interim results.

I think there woudl need ot be an indication from a significant numbe of ST holders that they woudl not renew with Ally at the helm before this would give the board sufficient confidence that this oculd be used as reason to sack McCoist

Season tickets will sell. There will be a few who won't buy but they're probably the same folk who've been harping on about boycotts since king gave his last speech about ring fencing monies. If you put your dislike of McCoist before the club then Cheerios.

I think there are more will buy an ST if Ally is not manager. A new broom with new optimism so to speak.

I agree with this. If we had won on Sunday and had a credible result this weekend, the Board would have an excuse to be cautious with everything else going on.

Ally and Temps burd have given them the easy option. They had better take it. (tu)

If we get beat on Saturday in a manner similar to the Raith game then the home crowd at our next game will tell the board who is supporting the manager.

I suspect it will be less than half full if we capitulate in the manner we did on Sunday

Its simple cash is king. future earnings do not make bank notes suddenly appear in the accounts.Never mind pay offs, We don't have cash to hire anyone either.

Agent fees

Lawyers fees

Signing bonus

Maybe short term housing allowance

Settlement fee if not unemployed

Fee for agency to source available managers and options.

Plus is it even clear who would make the final decision? Who has the authority?

How do you approach mccoist and say if we were to sack you would you want the money your due or will you please not be offended by the remarks aimed at you and the hassle your son has had and do us one last favour and go without a penny? Can't do that unless you have the readies to bail yourself out if it goes wrong. All he will say is I achieved the aims you set out for me at the start of the season in the budget and timescale you required.

All would need to be paid, we don't have the cash available to after renewal.

Been saying it all along, Ally and his backroom staff would need to resign as we can't afford the compensation.

But would they do the decent thing? Since admin they have all made sure they were not out of pocket, or in Ally's case, you now also own 3 or 4 % of the club.

Why is football the only profession that when sacked you get paid for failure?

Been saying it all along, Ally and his backroom staff would need to resign as we can't afford the compensation.

But would they do the decent thing? Since admin they have all made sure they were not out of pocket, or in Ally's case, you now also own 3 or 4 % of the club.

Why is football the only profession that when sacked you get paid for failure?

Directors of many companies get rewarded for failure I.e sacked with a lovely golden hand shake but I do know what you are getting at.

Its simple cash is king. future earnings do not make bank notes suddenly appear in the accounts.Never mind pay offs, We don't have cash to hire anyone either.

Agent fees

Lawyers fees

Signing bonus

Maybe short term housing allowance

Settlement fee if not unemployed

Fee for agency to source available managers and options.

Plus is it even clear who would make the final decision? Who has the authority?

How do you approach mccoist and say if we were to sack you would you want the money your due or will you please not be offended by the remarks aimed at you and the hassle your son has had and do us one last favour and go without a penny? Can't do that unless you have the readies to bail yourself out if it goes wrong. All he will say is I achieved the aims you set out for me at the start of the season in the budget and timescale you required.

All would need to be paid, we don't have the cash available to after renewal.

We don't need to pay him off all at once - we'd just pay out over the duration of his notice period, so cashflow would take care of it.

Who knows, extra gate money generated by more attractive football in a more competitive league may even make it pay for itself!