Steven Pressley - Hear me out

Now the tin hat will firmly be on for this one but if people like Houghton and McCall can be suggested then Pressley defo deserves to be up there!

For me he ticks all the boxes that we the fans and the club would be looking for.

Ethos - What us as fans want is to see our club play good football, use our facilities to bring through good players and become a Self sustaining club while competing.

Youth - We all know what Pressley done at Falkirk bringing through youth and having them pretty competitive, if ever someone was going to realise the potential of Murray Park it would be him. Imagine how many of our U20 players would be progressed to the first team and flourish under him?

Style of play - I will admit to not seeing much of Falkirk and coventry but he certainly seems to want his teams to play the correct way, pass and move and get the ball on the deck and that is what we are screaming out for at our club.

A few points that I think will be raised is he hasn't won anything really which I think is more due to the clubs he was at rather than his ability as a manager.

Infact at Coventry he has took a club in turmoil and turned them around and if it wasn't for a points deduction they would be up amongst the play off places.

Another will obviously be he played for celtic, for me the positives of having him here would far outweigh this negative. He was never a big player for them and don't think he's ever come across as a Rangers hater.

He has also worked with a small budget at his clubs and right now we could use someone used to that here.

I think if we are suggesting managers and some of the names suggested on here are entertained then Pressley has to be up there as a really good option

(no I am not Steven pressley)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you but the guy is a complete cock socket and thinks he is better than he is.

He may have a philosophy but it has yet to be succesful with no guarantee it ever will.

Playing tippy tappy football is all well and good but it must have an end product of winning matches consistantly enough to deliver success.

I hear you but the guy is a complete cock socket and thinks he is better than he is.

He may have a philosophy but it has yet to be succesful with no guarantee it ever will.

Playing tippy tappy football is all well and good but it must have an end product of winning matches consistantly enough to deliver success.

Like I said he's took coventry from a points deduction to upper mid table, if it wasn't for the deduction they would be in the playoffs!

I'd take Priscilla Presley to be honest ahead of McCoist.

No problems for me with this guy - I remember how his team of 16 and 17 year olds turned us over by playing the ball on the deck.

The biggest issue about appointing Pressley is that we should have done it two years ago instead of letting McCoist bring in Sandaza, Kyle, Peralta and all the other duds.

I would take a gamble on almost any candidate at the moment and see the positive attributes Presley would bring . He could work but think our sights should be higher . There are plenty of young and older talented managers out there who would be good for us

My fear is that the owners / board are happy to see this car crash football grind it's way through the leagues with the current management team and will only change things when promotion ain't achieved - so another season of this eyesore

It's actually quite a good shout, and, in many ways a much better option than many of the other names being bandied about. Add to the fact he'll come relatively cheaply and is one of those guys who seems to have a vision of the way the game should be played...and won't be detracted from it.

The negative posts aren't producing constructive criticism of the idea. In the position we are in, I struggle to see why this kind of appointment shouldn't be given serious consideration.

He's a twat of a man.

Do you really think he is the best we can attract?

Why the hell would we not open it up and invite applications, that way we can get them to put their case forward as to why they are good enough for us.

I think we would get some high calibre applicants. If not then the board could then assess what else ( at cost as likely under contract ) is out there that we reckon is good enough and that we could poach.

I would take a gamble on almost any candidate at the moment and see the positive attributes Presley would bring . He could work but think our sights should be higher . There are plenty of young and older talented managers out there who would be good for us

My fear is that the owners / board are happy to see this car crash football grind it's way through the leagues with the current management team and will only change things when promotion ain't achieved - so another season of this eyesore

What do you mean by set our sights higher? A bigger name? Just because it's a bigger name doesn't necessarily mean it's the right manager! The right manager is the one who ticks the clubs boxes and will give the club what it needs, for me Pressley does for us