Next manager odds

I see Stuart McCall is favourite to be the next Rangers manager at the moment. To be fair I think that would be a decent appointment. Was a great player for the club, would probably jump at the chance and has done a good job at Motherwell.

Interestingly, Brian Laudrup is right up there too. Personally, I would be more than happy for the club to take a chance on someone like Laudrup. Not got any previous managerial experience as such, however, you would think he would have everything required to be a top manager. Through his reputation as a player he will have contacts worldwide, comes across as very intelligent, and he has done a significant amount of youth coaching since leaving Rangers which can be no bad thing. Would try to play the game the right way too.

Van Bronckhorst would be a good long shot, been assistant at Netherlands u21 and Feyenoord, may see it as a good opportunity to get his first chance of being manager at a big club.

Whoever is appointed next I think we need a clear out and to start a fresh. We had a great opportunity starting at the bottom to get the correct infrastructure and philisophy in place, and to bring through younger players. We haven't really achieved any of this, we have brought in several average has beens from the spl and the brand of football has been poor, with still no scouting infrastructure in place. Regardless of what happens in the Scottish Cup (hopefully we win it!!) the board has to thank McCoist for his efforts and look to make a positive appointment for next season.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No more buggering about and giving inexperienced ex players chances. Derek Mcinnes is the best option at the moment. It will be the most important step that we can take in moving rangers forward and been able to challenge celtic sooner rather than later.

Laudrup could be another McCoist we cant afford to take chances on another hero who has no managerial experience, has Brian even been an assistant or coach anywhere? Van Bronkhorst maybe but I like the idea of the Brighton manager taking over but how much compensation would BHA expect for him and what wage would he be on?

McCall should not be our next manager, he didn't do brilliantly at Bradford and doesn't have the pedigree.

In any event McCoist should get to the end of the season. If we win the Scottish Cup this will have been a successful season.

If he fails to win it then I probably will be one asking for a change of gaffer but I don't think McCall is the right man for the job (tu)

We need a foreign manager. Someone who will come in and not be scared to ruffle up some feathers. Someone who turn it all upside and down and rid us of any Scotttish influence from the way they eat, to the way they train. Completely overhaul the lot.

We need a foreign manager. Someone who will come in and not be scared to ruffle up some feathers. Someone who turn it all upside and down and rid us of any Scotttish influence from the way they eat, to the way they train. Completely overhaul the lot.

Le Guen tried that and was chased out of Govan.

Because the last foreign manager worked out so well in the SPL.

I'd love for Graeme Wallace to push out the boat for someone like Marcelo Bielsa but I'm probably living off in cuckooland! I We'd never be able to complain about not having attacking football or a manager who doesn't have any tactics again.

I'd love for Graeme Wallace to push out the boat for someone like Marcelo Bielsa but I'm probably living off in cuckooland! I We'd never be able to complain about not having attacking football or a manager who doesn't have any tactics again.

I am living on cloud cuckoo land because my ultimate manager would have been van gaal. He already said he'd love to manage the old firm. Sadly these days, that's never going to happen.

A manager I'd love to see at Rangers is Mark Hughes. I know that wouldn't be many people's choice, but I think he has the personality to do it at Ibrox, and would take no nonsense. He didn't succeed at Man City, but not people will succeed there, and that job was probably too big for him. Right now, none of this matters, because until Rangers are in the Top League then we couldn't get a manager of any stature anyway.