Next manager odds

Is this actually a serious market now? As in the bookies really anticipate him being sacked?

Because SkyBet have had a market opened on the next Rangers manager since Ally took over.

They obviously knew he wasn't managerial material from the off.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see alot of ex gers being touted for the job. If theyre the right man for the job then fair enough, but i'd like to see someone who has a clear vision of where he wants to take the team tactically.

I'd like any new manager to come out and tell us about any plans they have regarding football style, youth development, player signings.

As much as i hate to say it, Neil Lennon comes out and talks about his signing policy of buying low in slightly unknown markets, and selling on for a profit.

I would not be betting until I knew what he'll was going on upstairs first

If we run with our current board and their " cut their cloth " to match revenue ethos we will attract a less than ambitious journeyman Manager. If however they do attract investment or we have fresh leadership I'm certain a more dynamic pool of potential Managers will be heading along the M8 with their CV's freshly updated

As to who will support the recruitment process ! I'm sure Wallace must have a few contacts from his previous day job... Or we may see an influential ex Club Manager ( not RFC) be brought in to help guide !

http://www.oddscheck...rmanent-manager

Check some of the names :lol:

The name Owen Coyle entered my head for some strange reason yesterday. Should I be betting with Victor? :lol: :lol:

We have had names banded about recently but Billy Reid hasn't been mentioned so far. Thoughts?

Paul Lambert and Di Canio lol aye right.... git right tae fuck

We need a foreign manager. Someone who will come in and not be scared to ruffle up some feathers. Someone who turn it all upside and down and rid us of any Scotttish influence from the way they eat, to the way they train. Completely overhaul the lot.

Although id prefer Billy Davies i can see where youre coming from.

At least this time we dont have Barry and his wee gang to gang up on the foreign coach if he tries to make them put some work in.

Morning AND afternoon sessions.

Full time players,full time hours.

HOWEVER.

I think you and i may be pishing into the wind though.

I was just thinking about di canio down at sunderland there.

He upped their training regime,had them in morning and afternoon.

What did they do?

Downed tools.

End result is the manager gets the bullet.

Most players are just a bunch of spoiled pricks.

GOAT - "We need a foreign manager. Someone who will come in and not be scared to ruffle up some feathers. Someone who turn it all upside and down and rid us of any Scotttish influence from the way they eat, to the way they train. Completely overhaul the lot."

Don't forget though he'll have to work for a third of McCoist's wage, reduce our wage bill by selling our best players and still be expected to win the league undefeated by at least 25/30 points. He will also have to win the Ramsden and Scottish or League cups. Plus he won't really have any cash to spend either though that won't really matter as CG got shot of our scouting setup. Last but not least his team will have to perform like Ajax of old just to keep Goats Broke Record Brigade from turning on him as well as anything less would be no better than what has been delivered by McCoist. Don't for get to tell your wonder candidate whoever that may be that he can expect he-haw support from the boardroom while working these miracles. Anybody have a phone number for Krypton?

GOAT - "We need a foreign manager. Someone who will come in and not be scared to ruffle up some feathers. Someone who turn it all upside and down and rid us of any Scotttish influence from the way they eat, to the way they train. Completely overhaul the lot."

Don't forget though he'll have to work for a third of McCoist's wage, reduce our wage bill by selling our best players and still be expected to win the league undefeated by at least 25/30 points. He will also have to win the Ramsden and Scottish or League cups. Plus he won't really have any cash to spend either though that won't really matter as CG got shot of our scouting setup. Last but not least his team will have to perform like Ajax of old just to keep Goats Broke Record Brigade from turning on him as well as anything less would be no better than what has been delivered by McCoist. Don't for get to tell your wonder candidate whoever that may be that he can expect he-haw support from the boardroom while working these miracles. Anybody have a phone number for Krypton?

Or he could just perform better than McCoist...I'd be willing to be any manager in Scotland could do that with our squad.

Foreign managers are vastly overrated. I fail to see why a British manager cannot accomplish all that is needed.

Foreign managers are vastly overrated. I fail to see why a British manager cannot accomplish all that is needed.

Other than Ferguson, who as the last British manager to a. Win Englands top division and b. win the European cup?

Answers: Kenny Dalgleish with Blackburn and Joe Fagan with Liverpool. 20 and 30 years ago.

We need a foreign manager, Sir Alex is only the exception to the rule.

Other than Ferguson, who as the last British manager to a. Win Englands top division and b. win the European cup?

Answers: Kenny Dalgleish with Blackburn and Joe Fagan with Liverpool. 20 and 30 years ago.

We need a foreign manager, Sir Alex is only the exception to the rule.

I'm not having that at all. There are only 3 or 4 clubs who can win the league and with foreign owners they are going to go foreign. For every successful foreign manager there are skip fills of fucking shit ones.