Next manager odds

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your last sentence but his record since leaving Rangers has been abysmal.

Wee Dickie as much as I loved what he tried to do at Ibrox was all about big money signings that we really could not afford. Both his ego and that of SDM brought us much pleasure but cost us a lot of cash.

He still had us playing the best football in my lifetime. He only spent what Murray gave him.

Sick of this pish abotu people being in the "ally oot brigade" or biased towards him.

He's a fucking joke as a football manager Rangers legend or not he's not got it. John Greig got the same kind of reaction when he was our manager did he not?

Just because Ally has been through it all ie Admin etc.....doesn't gaurentee him a job at Rangers for years to come.

I don't know why anyone would keep him as our manager just because of who he is. Just sounds brainless to me.

When you think about it John Greig had a harder job than McCoist. Greig was following on from all the success of Willie Waddell and Jock Wallace without money to replace the team. All the fans are asking McCoist is to develope a system and a team. If the board failed to support him it would have been a different matter but they haven't and he doesn't seem to understand the basics of organising a team.

I still think oscar Garcia junyent is a good shout. Wouldn't cost too much and got a few years managerial expierence, but still young and would relish the opportunity.

the guy has his team pushing for a play off spot to make the premiership, i really cant see him rapping that to come up to us for a push at the scottish 1st division!

alot of the names banded about in here are fucking ridiculous, as big a name as we are, we are also where we are and have so much in fighting and fractions among fans and the board that we have no fucking chance of attracting any of the names mentioned

not to mention the fact we are fucking skint

some people need to wake up

somebody mentioned pushing the boat out for Bielsa ffs!

the guy has his team pushing for a play off spot to make the premiership, i really cant see him rapping that to come up to us for a push at the scottish 1st division!

alot of the names banded about in here are fucking ridiculous, as big a name as we are, we are also where we are and have so much in fighting and fractions among fans and the board that we have no fucking chance of attracting any of the names mentioned

not to mention the fact we are fucking skint

some people need to wake up

somebody mentioned pushing the boat out for Bielsa ffs!

I mentioned it but I don't for one second think he would be interested in coming here. It was merely a name to demonstrate what type of manager I would like to see: one which is meticulous over his tactics and plays an exciting brand of attacking football. A manager that's not currently on the list of odds as a predictable choice. A foreign manager.

Whether or not anyone like that at all is interested/would want to come is a different story.

We may have also those problems like you have said but we also have some unique selling points:

• the worlds most successful club in terms of trophies
  • a loyal fan base which has crowds of 40,000+ every second week
  • an opportunity to return a giant of the Scottish game back to its rightful place
  • a chance to implement a footballing ideology to serve for generations to come

I mentioned it but I don't for one second think he would be interested in coming here. It was merely a name to demonstrate what type of manager I would like to see: one which is meticulous over his tactics and plays an exciting brand of attacking football. A manager that's not currently on the list of odds as a predictable choice. A foreign manager.

Whether or not anyone like that at all is interested/would want to come is a different story.

We may have also those problems like you have said but we also have some unique selling points:

• the worlds most successful club in terms of trophies
  • a loyal fan base which has crowds of 40,000+ every second week
  • an opportunity to return a giant of the Scottish game back to its rightful place
  • a chance to implement a footballing ideology to serve for generations to come

unique selling points maybe, but they would have fuck all money to implement the bottom two, i also pointed out we were a big name but we will be playing in the 2nd tier of scottish football

they would be on a hiding to nothing

pie in the sky fantasy mate

Unless we get major investment then I don't think we will attract someone of high calibre.

I don't want Billy Davies or Butcher.

So it's McCall for me.

With regard to previous foreign managers:

PLG was a disaster.

Advocaat was good for the first couple of years then struggled.

Billy Davies is now out of work after his spell at Forest. I know he may be viewed as problematic by some and he obviously does not come without faults but I think he would be an improvement on what we have now. For a start he wouldn't put up with the dross performances we have become accustomed to as of late. He is also a very meticulous manager in terms of preparation for matches, spending hours doing video analysis in his own house and compiling thorough reports on all his players. I think that's the kind of perpetration we've been lacking of late.

As another option, I don't think McLeish would be the worst option by any stretch of the imagination. Again I know he is not without faults but he has spent a significant amount of time managing in the Epl and Championship since he left us which he will have gained a lot of experience from. Aside from the perception in some quarters he's actually had a fair bit of success in England: gaining promotion with Birmingham to the premier league, guiding them to 9th the subsequent season and winning the Carling Cup. I know that season led to relegation but that season was plagued with injuries and a decreasing budget. Likewise at Villa, keeping them up was probably a decent achievement giving he had to majorly cut costs. It was a club he couldn't have turned around in one season. Get the feeling that if he was a more 'flavour of the month' manager such as Lambert then he might get more respect. He always comes across as an intelligent manager when I've seen him in interviews recently.

I don't think we are only limited to people with previous associations with the club but these would be worth considering.

unique selling points maybe, but they would have fuck all money to implement the bottom two, i also pointed out we were a big name but we will be playing in the 2nd tier of scottish football

they would be on a hiding to nothing

pie in the sky fantasy mate

It could be so different a discussion if DK brings in the investment ? I can't believe DK hasn't already gave throught to who should manager the on field business if he did bring in large investment. Remember he was at pains to say we needed to strengthen the squad. Perhaps his plan may be to keep McCoist in place bring in a strong No 2( manager designate in other words ) and then plan for AM. To move to a more PR role working on PR initiatives with the wider fan base overseas? Just a thought .......

It could be so different a discussion if DK brings in the investment ? I can't believe DK hasn't already gave throught to who should manager the on field business if he did bring in large investment. Remember he was at pains to say we needed to strengthen the squad. Perhaps his plan may be to keep McCoist in place bring in a strong No 2( manager designate in other words ) and then plan for AM. To move to a more PR role working on PR initiatives with the wider fan base overseas? Just a thought .......

of course investment would change the outlook but at the moment unless McCoist walks i doubt we could even afford to pay him and his pals off nevermind everything else it would take

wasn't DKs investment dependant on a fans share issue can't see many people willing to invest while McCoist still in charge,I certainly won't be parting with any of my hard earned to give that clown a "warchest"

wasn't DKs investment dependant on a fans share issue can't see many people willing to invest while McCoist still in charge,I certainly won't be parting with any of my hard earned to give that clown a "warchest"

Your correct. I just can't believe anyone will happily hand over £500k/£1m and not at least try to salvage try to get a positive out of it.