Gazza Looking Well

YoungDan

Sorry if its already been posted, but I did have a quick look!

Always nice to see somebody turn there life around after being rock bottom, I think Gazza is looking well and after seeing him on deaths door for a while, it's great to see him looking in shape!

What a difference 18 months makes!

article-0-18B6EA9800000578-236_306x686.jpg

Paul-Gascoigne-3379289.jpg

No Surrender Paul Gascoigne! :crabflute:

Looks painfully thin in his denims :(

Glad to see he's on the road to recovery, needs to get into football in some kind of capacity to aid his recovery, one word - legend.

Looks like its a before and after pic.

Hopefully he doesn't revert back to the drink again.

Hope you're right, he does look like he's got a bit of beef on him in the second photo.

Sort of been down that road myself mate. Needs to get himself something to pass the time. Be best if his mates could do something rather than bail him out the next time he falls off the wagon.

Sort of been down that road myself mate. Needs to get himself something to pass the time. Be best if his mates could do something rather than bail him out the next time he falls off the wagon.

Sorry to hear about that. That seemed to be another part of the problem for him, he was always in with completely the wrong crowd. If he could surround himself with people who were a much better influence on him it would be half the battle.

Perhaps he should manage a team from the lower leagues in Scotland. ;)

He might bring some novel ideas to the game.

Sorry to hear about that. That seemed to be another part of the problem for him, he was always in with completely the wrong crowd. If he could surround himself with people who were a much better influence on him it would be half the battle.

Long time ago for me. The experience has been beneficially to me in dealing with other people with the problem. I remember Gazza had taken an interest in growing flowers a few years back. He should continue with that or do voluntary work or something like that. He needs a routine .

Fit Paul Gascoigne strips off to show he is ­winning the battle with booze that nearly killed him, reports the Sunday People.

The Geordie football legend spent the first 12 weeks of this year in rehab and has clearly ­managed to regain weight.

Just six months ago Gazza, 46, was looking worryingly thin.

Pals were relieved to see the 1980s and 90s England hero back in his Bournemouth flat last week, three stone heavier and sporting an impressive toned physique.

One said: “Gazza is on the right track. Things will never be straightforward for him, but he’s going in the right direction now.

“For the first time in a long time he looks like his old self.”

The remarkable recovery has been put down to a new routine which includes a strict alcohol ban, a high-protein diet and ­regular workouts in the gym.

Now the former big drinker shuns the pub and enjoys playing the harmonica and visiting the tattoo parlour near his £1,600-a-month three-bedroom flat.

Several tattoos are visible on his ripply torso, ­including ­portraits of his daughter Bianca and ­ex-wife Sheryl, ­together with Chinese symbols.

Gazza hit his lowest ebb at a charity event in Northampton in February last year, when he broke down sobbing in front of fans, so drunk he was unable to speak.

Stars of the game including Gary Lineker and England ­captain Steven Gerrard chipped in to have him flown to the £7,500-a-week Cottonwood Clinic in Arizona.

While there, Gazza became close to death.

He recalled: “I went to the treatment centre and they tried to detox me. They couldn’t, so they rushed me to hospital. "That’s where it got quite serious.

“I just remember a guy saying to the doctor, ‘I don’t think this guy’s going to make it’.

I had tubes all over my arms and body and was getting injected. "I said, ‘Please don’t let me die’.”

Despite his narrow escape, the former Newcastle, Spurs and Lazio star was soon back in the pub.

He wasted away, his clothes hanging from his skeletal frame.

The turning point appears to have been this year’s one-month spell in a Southampton clinic, followed by two months’ further treatment in Arizona.

Perhaps he should manage a team from the lower leagues in Scotland. ;)

He might bring some novel ideas to the game.

It was only a matter of time. :lol:

He had a go before and blew it. Even if he did something like Lee Wallace does but with a youth team it would help him. Needs to distance himself from the media spotlight.

Don't think he looks well there personally

I dont think he looks young, or fantastic but he looks SO much better than 18 months ago.

I think the ageing is irreversible after years of boozing, despite desperate attempts of botox.

But for his body and physique to be looking like that at 47 clearly shows he isn't boozing every night!

Id love him to get back involved with football especially at Rangers with the young lads! What a player he was.

I dont think he looks young, or fantastic but he looks SO much better than 18 months ago.

I think the ageing is irreversible after years of boozing, despite desperate attempts of botox.

But for his body and physique to be looking like that at 47 clearly shows he isn't boozing every night!

Id love him to get back involved with football especially at Rangers with the young lads! What a player he was.

I think the fact he isn't involved in football has been a driver for his recent troubles. The only time he seemed to be at peace with himself was on the field or at training with a ball at his feet. His enthusiasm for the game and his experience shouldn't be wasted. Hopefully this can be a new start and he can finally eradicate the demons that have blighted his life outside football.