Could Ally be moved upstairs?

Neil1418

Exactly what I have been saying for months. He can't walk away, but surely he can walk upstairs?

i appreciate everything ally done for us during his playing days and the administration period but were running a football club not a charity,sentimentality and business doesn't mix thanks ally but with respect time to move on.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's talked himself in to staying by saying we do not walk away, don't think it was intentional, but he has done it.

If one of the Easdale's buses had a puncture they would fix it. The proverbial Rangers bus is running around on its wheel rims yet it is still in passenger service!

Exactly what I have been saying for months. He can't walk away, but surely he can walk upstairs?

He can and should walk away he has made no effort to progress the football side of things. His players have the same lackadaisical approach to training that he used to and instead of tearing strips off them for their disgraceful lack of effort on Sunday he had a Karaoke jam with them. Rangers do not owe him a job upstairs or anywhere else the club have made him a millionaire he has been given enough. It's time for the club to move on without him hanging over everything.

Bring back Charles Green.

At the time, Charlie had no chance Against Ally. But now that Ally has shown what he can do - many fans may look differently at the previous situation(s)!

He can and should walk away he has made no effort to progress the football side of things. His players have the same lackadaisical approach to training that he used to and instead of tearing strips off them for their disgraceful lack of effort on Sunday he had a Karaoke jam with them. Rangers do not owe him a job upstairs or anywhere else the club have made him a millionaire he has been given enough. It's time for the club to move on without him hanging over everything.

....and you being from EKB too!

I Agree, but it is a hot potato. Look how the fans (media) backed Ally and turned against Green!

So who will come to manage a club with no scouting staff, no backroom staff and no money to buy new players and who will manage a club for peanuts, Nobody

Who cares ?

Anybody would be better than Ally. Anybody.

I think you'd be surprised how many good managers would love Allys job.

Managing Scotlands biggest club just when it enters a new era of success and prosperity makes us a massive draw.

I still love Ally, but have being saying he doesnt have what it takes to be a manager since he first took over.

I would still like to see him move on but on good terms. I dont think there is a role at the club that would suit him though.

I would like for the club to arrange for him to resign, with a huge thankyou and announce that a statue of McCoist will be created of him in his playing days and placed outside Ibrox.

He is one of our best ever players, but IMO our worst ever manager. I refuse to let his stint as manager detract from his status as a player.

whats the obsession with McCoist? I just dont get it. We should cut him loose completely. He isn't actually as good in front of the cameras or at PR as he is made out to be - and has been found extremely wanting in that respect recently.

We dont have to give every explayer or manager a job for life.

Not for me. Would love him to go learn his trade and do well for himself.

As McCoist is now 51 years of age, he's leaving it a bit late to start his apprenticeship. Let's be honest, he's done very well for himself at Ibrox, he doesn't need the money and it's doubtful if he would fancy starting from scratch at a minor club with no transfer budget when he could be sitting in a tv or radio studio.

He would have been nowhere near the coaching staff at Ibrox in the first place if Walter Smith didn't like his company.

McCoist is a "good laugh" but he is not serious enough as a person to handle the responsibility of being the manager of Rangers. He still sees himself as one-of-the-boys and the Sunday night karaoke party proved that beyond doubt.

His time is not just up because of Sunday, his time was well and truly up after Malmo and Maribor three years ago.

Has he already been moved in all but announcement? No Ally fronting the ST launch - it the Lee McC show. Time for some fantasy football management stuff....how about:

Ally upstairs but also alongside. Director of Football combined with chief scout with responsibility to build a scouting network (we have no scout so that fills that vacancy); and chief PR person (we lost the Communications Director), and Rangers football ambassador (to promote the Rangers brand across the globe so lots of foreign travel to keep close contact with the faithful and future fans across the planet). 4 jobs into 1 would look like a real efficiency under the 120 day review. Maybe add the role of football diplomat and person in charge of 'moving on' when we come to play the former SPL clubs again. He could be the decider of 'boycott or no boycott' policy because he was there with Charles Green right through all the active harm stuff we suffered and has first hand knowledge of what went on. It gets better - that would be 5 jobs rolled into 1. It would be 6 if he also took over in the Rangers TV commentary box to replace DJ. This guy Wallace really does know how to generate the efficiences, And if they have managed to do a sponsorship or other deal with a TV company for Ally to front up on their sports programmes then it could also be a salary saving at Rangers. 7 jobs for less money paid in salary and all of the upside PR that this would bring. That man Wallace is a genius.

Not sure about Lee as the new manager though.

Ah well......enough of the magic mushrooms. Back to the reality of hoping for the best on Saturday. I'll be sat in GF3 (got the ticket today) and Ally will be in the dugout opposite and I'll wonder as I usually do if he really does have the leadership and tactical nous to drive Rangers back to the very top ....... and spur the team to victory on Saturday.