scottish mentality

Typical scottish mentality

You are genuinely impressed that a team 3-1 down from a first leg game tried to score a couple of goals in the second game? You have ignored anyone questioning what any of this has to do with Rangers and/or the Bear's Den and seem to have no particular point to make. If you do have an actual point, I would love to hear what it is.

You are genuinely impressed that a team 3-1 down from a first leg game tried to score a couple of goals in the second game? You have ignored anyone questioning what any of this has to do with Rangers and/or the Bear's Den and seem to have no particular point to make. If you do have an actual point, I would love to hear what it is.

my point was that I would like to see Rangers be more aggressive and positive. How is this not rangers related.

2 long balls direct to the front men - Ally gets slaughtered for such tactics - ach I love the smell of hypocracy in the evening - mind you it's always good to find another way to start an Ally bashing thread - creative!

my point was that I would like to see Rangers be more aggressive and positive. How is this not rangers related.

Which has nothing to do with Chelsea or our UEFA Cup run of a number of years ago.

Edit: reply if you want but this is one of the biggest wastes of a thread I have seen for a while, I'm out

Trust me as an Anglo, there IS a Scottish mentality of second best, there is (unfortunately) an attitude of acceptance of 2nd best amongst those that run our club.

Yup, some people actually seem ok that we didn't win the premiership or qualify for the Champions League this season

2 long balls direct to the front men - Ally gets slaughtered for such tactics - ach I love the smell of hypocracy in the evening - mind you it's always good to find another way to start an Ally bashing thread - creative!

Its not the goals, its that they tried everything

Trust me as an Anglo, there IS a Scottish mentality of second best, there is (unfortunately) an attitude of acceptance of 2nd best amongst those that run our club.

I agree with this totally. I was born and raised in england (both my parents are glaswegians) and i really think a lot of Scottish people have some sort of inferiority complex, and this feeds into our sporting ability obviously. I love how England get criticised for expecting to qualify for world cups, or winning a world cup, at least they get there!! We will never win anything if we dont believe we can do it!

I agree with this totally. I was born and raised in england (both my parents are glaswegians) and i really think a lot of Scottish people have some sort of inferiority complex, and this feeds into our sporting ability obviously. I love how England get criticised for expecting to qualify for world cups, or winning a world cup, at least they get there!! We will never win anything if we dont believe we can do it!

Yes they do, and when did they last win the trophy? and when have they done anything since? For a country with a large population they are also large under achievers = PISH.

England, population = 60mil. Pound for pound, football wise, you're not very good, and you were lucky in 1966, damn lucky, if you don't believe me, ask your parents.

Scotland, " = 5mil. " " " " " , we look a much better option and live in the real world, if you don't believe me ask your parents, i'm sure they will concur.

Chelsea did well last night, but they are also under achievers. With all the cash they have, and the top managers, not to mention the pick of world class players, they still fail to achieve. How many of their players are actually English, and what mentality do they adhere to? it certainly isn't home grown English.and hasn't been for many years. In fact most of the top players' in England are not born and bred there, so where does that leave you with your English winning mentality? Exactly.... nowhere.

Now we come to the part where we discuss the winning mentality of the Famous Glasgow Rangers, oops, no need to go into detail, that speaks for itself, no need to question our history or our cup and league and European victories, except to say, that 95% of these victories, were achieved by home grown, top class, Scottish players. Also these same top class Scottish players took part in many "Auld Enemy" Internationals and skelped the arses of the "Mighty England". So what does that say about your 1st class mentality as opposed to our 2nd class mentality?

Exactly, I think it blows it out of the water.

Our team today, is in all honesty, a mere shadow of it's former self, but we will regain our former status, that is a very hard fact, and millions of local and overseas fans will testify to that.

So please don't come on here, and mutter about how better the English attitude is, as opposed to ours, as many, many Scots and many many proud Rangers supporters feel proud to be both Sots and British and see no divide in a positive mentality, and will use this attribute to further our already envious record of achievement.

:7325: