Remember our HMRC Petition?

Remember the petition to have HMRC's handling of Rangers investigated? Over a number of months we had heard of a number of folk signing this on line yet the numbers tally never seemed to increase. This prompted suspicion amongst areas of our support that signatures were either failing to be recorded or deliberately erased.

Well perhaps we now have an insight as it seems the government has been blocking attempts to use this system from being used to launch any petition on the activity of Culture Secretary Maria Miller. Reports on tonight's TV round up of Wednesday's papers allege that up to 62 attempts to launch petitions on this have been blocked.

Is it really possible that they have been blocking attempts to get the Rangers HMRC petition to completion? Given that we have still to see any result of investigation of how tax documents made their way from HMRC to the Rangers Tax Case blog I would have to say that if they can block the creation of new petitions for political reasons then protecting HMRC from a severe embarrassment by doctoring a petition that is already up and running is not beyond suspicion.

Last time I heard anything about this was a few months ago, D'Art was hopeful that he was getting somewhere in his attempts to have this investigated and legal procedings commense against the release of sensitive tax information from within HMRC

I have always put it down to older Bears not able to vote as not computer literate.

What's the total at the moment?

Yes my hands shake that badly I can hardly find the on button let alone type a response in a petition.

Oh fuck there I go falling off my chair again.

Young whippersnappers.

Yes my hands shake that badly I can hardly find the on button let alone type a response in a petition.

Young whippersnappers.

Shaddup ya young fud and respect your elders :pipe:

Young whippersnappers.

Just meant people like my dad would be more inclined to sign a petition if it was going round the pub rather than seeking it out online.

I have always put it down to older Bears not able to vote as not computer literate.

What's the total at the moment?

Well, I'll just put your comment down to your obvious youth and lack of tact, combined with your super powers at being able to circumnavigate the treacherous waters of the internet and all things IT related, that are the sole prerogative of the young.

I voted online on my phone and my wife and son also voted, and was disappointed like many others that we never reached our goal, and yes I believe their could be a fiddle going on to stop us reaching our target.

:7325:

Young whippersnappers.

Aye,you tell them mate (tu)

i had to get my grandson to do this for me. :party:

Can rsc's, buses and volunteers at match days etc not make a combined effort to gather the required 100,000 signatures manually and submit this to parliament?

See the fuckers try to put a stop to that method.

Ha ha AL - we seem to be on the same wavelength. I posted my thoughts before reading yours.

I got everyone in my household to do it so that is 4 straight away onto the list and then got a couple of my mates and girlfriend to sign it. I have always been suspicious that something was wrong with the petition. It start off great and then just suddenly ground to a halt at in the 40,000s.

This allegation was discussed before.

Why don't the RSA, RST, SOS etc make themselves useful for a change and organise a hard copy petition.

We can get these 100k signatures no bother.

I was going to suggest the same but would it be better at the start of the new season ?