What should the aims of Rangers be?

GOAT

We know the obvious.

Win the SPL

Win the Scottish Cup

Win the League cup

The bread and butter.

However, once we are back in the top flight I reckon we need to reaccess the aims. Winning this league shouldn't be the be all and end all for us.

Providing we have the proper footballing infrastrucure in place the club should be aiming for the last 16 of the CL every season IMO. The very least we should be aiming for third place and qualification for the EL next round. Anything below that should be considered a bad season IMO, regardless of if we win the title or not.

We should be aiming to be in the top 20 richest clubs in Europe again in terms of yearly revenue. We've underpeformed in Europe for years, that needs to be put right.

I also think the SPL should be looking at starting the season a bit earlier than they do, early to mid July to help the Scottish clubs in European competition so they are match sharp for qualifiers.

Or am I just a dreamer? I don't think I am.

I think aiming for top 20 in Europe in terms of revenue might be too far off for the near future seeing as the bottom club in the Premier League brings in £60 million alone from tv revenue.

I agree that 3rd place in a Champions League group should be the minimum aim - looking to be in at least the last 16/8 of the Europa League every year. We should be at least on par with teams from similar countries like Benfica, Ajax etc. The last 16 of the Champions League is going to be dominated for years to come by the German, Spanish and English teams with only one or two differences every year like Olympiacos this year or Celtic last year. The gap between the elite and the rest is growing, for the first time ever this year all 8 group winners reached the last 8 (as far as I'm aware).

I think aiming for top 20 in Europe in terms of revenue might be too far off for the near future seeing as the bottom club in the Premier League brings in £60 million alone from tv revenue.

I agree that 3rd place in a Champions League group should be the minimum aim - looking to be in at least the last 16/8 of the Europa League every year. We should be at least on par with teams from similar countries like Benfica, Ajax etc. The last 16 of the Champions League is going to be dominated for years to come by the German, Spanish and English teams with only one or two differences every year like Olympiacos this year or Celtic last year. The gap between the elite and the rest is growing, for the first time ever this year all 8 group winners reached the last 8 (as far as I'm aware).

Us and the bheggers were regulars in the top 20 until about three or four years ago. On top of that come the BT Sports TV deal for the CL. Scottish clubs will earn double the TV revenue from them than what we did with SKY.

It's up to our CEO and board members to find every way possible of maximising revenue. We haven't done a great job of that in the past, let's hope Wallace is starting to address the issue now.

Youth academy should have set goals on the type of talent we intend on producing and what we want it to do. I.e provide x amount of players for first team each year like barca or as a money making stream like porto?

For first team. qualifying from group stage year in year out should be a goal. Playing attractive attacking football should be an aim. Whilst keeping the no surrender approach to winning is a must.

Business wise we should aim for £40m then £50m then the following season push for breaking £60m turnover.

Aim too high to not achieve.

See TBH, if we're not a club that plays every season in the CL group stages, and plays good football, then we will lose a generation of fans. They will support Chelsea instead of us, or just choose us as a passing interest. It's an important period in Rangers history, we must get it right. CL season by season should be the minimum.

1. Continue our tradition of winning.

2. Compete in European competition after Christmas (either Champions League or Europa League).

3. Produce young players of a high standard.

4. Play in a style that the Rangers support deserve.

5. Have a board in place with the aim of maximising revenue in every possible aspect of the business and not just relying on European money to make a profit.

Unless after the 120 days the board announce they have fresh investment coming into the club a good way to start the process would be to bring Dave king on board with his cash in order for us to have any chance of success in the short term . Even if we change management it is obvious that we are well short of quality and depth in our squad . We need real short term investment to have any chance of winning the premiership and qualify for the champions league , this would surely put us in a great position to attract decent sponsorship deals . A long term strategy for taking the club forward will also be easier to implement if we get real money invested in the club now .

To be the best team in Scotland

To regularly participate the CL group stages.

To find and nurture young players both in Scotland and across the world to first team level. To have a system that sustains this and allows us to sell these players for profit and bring the replacement through the system. Similar to many Dutch teams.

To make profit every year.

I'm not going to cry over losing a generation of glory hunters. We're supposed to support through thick and thin, good times and bad.

If folk want to fuck off and support Chelsea then let them. Rangers is about more than winning for me.

Well you should worry, because it's money going to other clubs and not us.

To be the best team in Scotland

To regularly participate the CL group stages.

To find and nurture young players both in Scotland and across the world to first team level. To have a system that sustains this and allows us to sell these players for profit and bring the replacement through the system. Similar to many Dutch teams.

To make profit every year.

Basically what the Tims are doing.

As much as we deteat them they are a blue print of how to do it within the confines of our Country

I'm not going to cry over losing a generation of glory hunters. We're supposed to support through thick and thin, good times and bad.

If folk want to fuck off and support Chelsea then let them. Rangers is about more than winning for me.

its not just about them being glory hunters, its about identity, Rangers is and always will be an institution but its a very different animal now to the one I grew up with in the 80s

There is so many more options now than previous generations and its far more tamer now too, young kids/new generations need to be enticed.

all this bullshit that "You don't choose Rangers, Rangers chooses you" is over romanticised nonsense, it's clubs who stand still that are left behind, we need to be proactive in attracting new fans and striving to keep encouraging amd supporting existing fans.

I also think the SPL should be looking at starting the season a bit earlier than they do, early to mid July to help the Scottish clubs in European competition so they are match sharp for qualifiers.

This.

I would move everything forward a month and finish the Season mid-April with the Scottish Cup the final weekend of the month. Might upset the traditionalists but would allow the same amount of rest in between as usual and hopefully have the squad good to go by mid July.

If Football in this country was starting up this year there's no doubt it would run March-November

I'm pretty sure we'll never het Summer football here but I definitely agree that we should look to start up the Season in mid July at the latest, the early rounds of CL qualifiers are mid July anyway so even then its not that Early.

If you aren't part of the solution though you are part of the problem and in the past we've not been in favour of starting the season early because we know we can get money spinning friendlies/tournaments in late July early August, the Tims don't want it either for the same reasons so until Scotlands only two real voices are in agreement on issues like these then we'll never have a chance of moving it any earlier on a regular basis.

We know the obvious.

Win the SPL

Win the Scottish Cup

Win the League cup

The bread and butter.

However, once we are back in the top flight I reckon we need to reaccess the aims. Winning this league shouldn't be the be all and end all for us.

Providing we have the proper footballing infrastrucure in place the club should be aiming for the last 16 of the CL every season IMO. The very least we should be aiming for third place and qualification for the EL next round. Anything below that should be considered a bad season IMO, regardless of if we win the title or not.

We should be aiming to be in the top 20 richest clubs in Europe again in terms of yearly revenue. We've underpeformed in Europe for years, that needs to be put right.

Or am I just a dreamer? I don't think I am.

no your not a dreamer. You just want your team being as successful as they can be. Unfortunately for the dinosaurs it means ditching pure staunch rangers men

Are they fuck

they are corrupt to the rotten core .

Do they win the League regularly?

do they regularly make the CL?

Do they sign players from home and abroad for pennies Nd make big profits on a lot of them?

You can hate them with all your might but if you choose to ignore that then its foolish

those three things are where we want to be at, they have taken advantage of our predicament and while its not nice to watch it shows that within the confines of the Scottish Premiership it is possible which should give every Rangers fan/Player/Manager/CEO encouragement that its not some kind of pie in the sky dream

Basically what the Tims are doing.

As much as we deteat them they are a blue print of how to do it within the confines of our Country

I never seen it that way when putting it down but you are mostly right. Except they aren't too hot in bringing through young Scottish players and it's easy to be the best team in Scotland when your only serious rival is removed from direct competition for at least three years.

Assuming that we do identify just how far behind modern football we are as a club any time soon and try to rectify it - I don't think we'll see the benefits for another 10 years. Still, I'd happily see it put in motion tomorrow.

The lack of forward thinking since 2012 has been severely off putting.

Do they win the League regularly?

do they regularly make the CL?

Do they sign players from home and abroad for pennies Nd make big profits on a lot of them?

You can hate them with all your might but if you choose to ignore that then its foolish

those three things are where we want to be at, they have taken advantage of our predicament and while its not nice to watch it shows that within the confines of the Scottish Premiership it is possible which should give every Rangers fan/Player/Manager/CEO encouragement that its not some kind of pie in the sky dream

Mate if you think state aid fc is a blue print for us to follow then fair do's , not for me though... I would rather follow the blue print of clubs like Ajax , Porto ect .

The mhockets are a horrid stinking corrupt little club who think they're big time but are heading for a big fall .

Mate if you think state aid fc is a blue print for us to follow then fair do's , not for me though... I would rather follow the blue print of clubs like Ajax , Porto ect .

The mhockets are a horrid stinking corrupt little club who think they're big time but are heading for a big fall .

everybody would like to follow Ajax and Porto mate but due to work permits and such we have have more hurdles than those clubs when trying to equire talent and sell it on at a huge profit, the Tims have shown over the last 3/4 years that they can bring in guys for small/modest fees and sell on for big bucks, this is our market and its a market we can get in on.