Can't handle playing for Rangers

blunosecol

This seems to be one of the common excuses for pundits as to why the players brought in are not playing up to Rangers standard. Thinking back is this a new development? We used to pick up the best of the spl, and get them playing well. Boyd, McCann, Thomson, Novo ect. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few duds but I can't recall players being unable to handle playing for us on such a large scale.

Some can handle it straight away, some take time, some never will. Mentality is part of it but so is ability. Based purely on ability I don't think there's a player we've signed in the last 2 years that I'd have signed in the top league.

Although they should be doing much better that they have been and they should be ashamed of their performances most weeks.

Yeah I agree the players we've got the past two years, bar Templeton on form, wouldn't get near a Gers team prior to us going down. But surely the calibre of players (based on initial reputation) hasn't dropped as far as the calibre of team we're up against these past two seasons

Yeah I agree the players we've got the past two years, bar Templeton on form, wouldn't get near a Gers team prior to us going down. But surely the calibre of players (based on initial reputation) hasn't dropped as far as the calibre of team we're up against these past two seasons

Not sure about that, tbh. Davis v. Peralta? Our standard of player has dropped massively, far more than people appreciate.

None of the current squad would get in to the 2010-11 squad. McCulloch was never that great, Lee Wallace was ok but nothing special. As for the rest sorry they are not good enough. However they are what we currently have and should be good enough to get us back to the top division, just need to be managed correctly! Ally and his backroom staff must go!

No , and to me this is the most damning of Ally the manager.

We've had top class players that have taken a while to settle - McCoist and Hateley to name two , but this is the exception rather than the rule .

Under Ally , too many haven't played as well as they have under their previous managers and that cannot be coincidence , I'm afraid. We have to look at the common denominator here , and that's Ally.

None of the players we have signed from the SPL are consistent though ie Nicky Law, Ian Black,Dean sheils, Tempelton.

Even Lee Wallace wasn't brilliant every week for hearts.

Sorry can't agree with this, Daly is consistent, consistently crap!!