Alex MacDonald

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found this pic of the great man on the net. Cracking wee box to box player who chipped in with some vital goals. I heard he had his euro cup winners medal stolen, did he ever get it back? And do you have any memories of the guy? znuhc9.jpg

He never got it back, but a fan group? got him a replica.

A right good bear who totally appreciated the priviledge of playing for Rangers and gave absolutely everything for the jersey!

Also, vastly underrated by many non-Rangers people who thought he was merely a hard-working player. How wrong they were. He had excellent vision, talent, football brain, and a wonderful energy level.

Also hated that other lot which is another admirable quality.

When he took to the field, you just new he wasn't just playing for the jersey, he was playing for YOU. He was ALL OF US out on the park, especially against the mhanks.

A TRUE BEAR (tu)

Just found this pic of the great man on the net. Cracking wee box to box player who chipped in with some vital goals. I heard he had his euro cup winners medal stolen, did he ever get it back? And do you have any memories of the guy? znuhc9.jpg

Doddie was one of us. Great memories of watching him play for Rangers. One of my all time favourite players.

Ps that's Lou macari in the photo with doddie.