My team v Dundee United

my team would be this Simmo, Foster, Jig, Moshni, Smith/Wallace, I would have Faure as a holding midfielder, I would have Law, Black, Crawford as a tight 3, stifling Utds 2 in the middle cutting off the suply to thier wide men, then I would go for pace and guile with Aird, Clark and Galagher, I know I dropped big john, but would catch out Utd in my opinion

Allys team will be, Simmo, Foster, Jig, Moshni, Smith, then Black and Hutton as deep mids, then Aird and Perallta out wide, Law feeding of Dalys scraps

As long as it pays off, I am not to fussed who plays where

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simmo

Foster faure mohsni mills

Peralta

Law. Hutton

Gallagher. Aird

Clark

Would be my team, don't see the point in daly up front when we can't cross a ball. Would like to see how peralta does in a big atmosphere against better opposition. Mills is untested but is absolutely rapid from what little I've seen of him, and a wee bit movement up front.

Dont understand why people insist on adding Peralta in their line up ???

The guy is pish and has showed this everytime he plays and although Black and Law are under performing they are still miles better in the middle and i would rather see Aird or even Crawford on the right.

I think him and Smith are nailed on starters for the flanks.

No-one else, mate!

Only other option is play Daly at the back and Jig in Hutton's place in centre mid

NO! Bad enough at central defence and has always been a hindrance in midfield because of his poor reading of play,abysmal positional sense,inability to tackle cleanly and his overwhelming desire to show the opposition the way to our goal.

Simmo

Foster faure mohsni mills

Peralta

Law. Hutton

Gallagher. Aird

Clark

Would be my team, don't see the point in daly up front when we can't cross a ball. Would like to see how peralta does in a big atmosphere against better opposition. Mills is untested but is absolutely rapid from what little I've seen of him, and a wee bit movement up front.

I'm going to guess you haven't seen him in a while considering he's not played an u20s game since mid December...

Simmo

Foster Faure Mohsni Smith

Peralta

Gallagher Black Law

McCulloch Daly

*Wallace in for Smith if fit

Due to injuries I don`t think we have many options for this game. Smith in for Wallace is a straight swap really, don`t think we have anyone else better suited for left back. He also seems to have been working on his delivery at set pieces which is probably where we are most likely to get goals from in this game, taking into consideration the aerial threat of jig, mohsni and Daly.

Ideally we would have other centre backs available but we have to make do with what we have. No chance I would have Mcculloch at the back again with Mohsni as that partnership seems to get worse and worse. I`d stick Faure in there and stick Mcculloch up front with Daly purely for the aerial threat, which is the best type of threat I think we can muster with the players available. Faure is also a natural centre back and I do think there is a decent player in there.

If we play Peralta in his natural position at defensive mid then this is the type of game he could shine in. We need someone with a bit of pace in there to help the full backs cope with the speed of Mackay-Steven/Gauld so I think Peralta will come in handy here. A defensive midfielder is vital in this game as we will need someone to cover for Foster/Smith when they push forward to support our wide players.

Black at centre midfield picks itself, no one else available and we will need him to utilise his range of passing in this game, as well as his aggression in the middle. I`d have Law on the left of midfield. He is someone that can run at the opposition, cut in from the right and put a decent ball into the box or have an effort on goal. He also played on the left a lot for Motherwell and was very effective for them in this position. On the right I would have Gallagher instead of Aird. In my opinion Gallagher is a better and more intelligent player than Aird, he can also put a good ball into the box which will be needed if we have Mcculloch and Daly up top.

It`s not pretty but up front I would have Mcculloch and Daly. I think these 2 can bully the united defence and unsettle them, also if Gallagher and law can put decent balls in, which I believe they can do, then it could cause havoc for their defence up against the aerial power of both Jig and Daly. If this fails to work then we could always bring Clark on from the bench for one of them, he would bring a totally different threat and I think he and Gallagher could link up well with each other.

Personally I don`t think the team will be anything like this, but it`s what I`d go with. It`s not designed to be pretty, thanks to the unavailability of certain players, but in my eyes it would be the most effective way of getting at United and giving ourselves the best chance possible.

For avoidance of doubt, mine wasn't a serious line up. I obviously don't advocate Cribari or Peralta playing because they are fucking shite but I'd love to see the arrogant bunch of McCulloch, Moshni, Law, Black and Daly given the axe and suffer the humiliation we all felt last Sunday.

Moving forward, I remain adamant that apart from MacLeod (recovery from health problems assumed), Bell, Wallace and Gallagher, all the other regulars can fuck off. I'd love to see a clear out under a new manager with a mix of youth and experience and an emphasis on progressive football.

my team would be this Simmo, Foster, Jig, Moshni, Smith/Wallace, I would have Faure as a holding midfielder, I would have Law, Black, Crawford as a tight 3, stifling Utds 2 in the middle cutting off the suply to thier wide men, then I would go for pace and guile with Aird, Clark and Galagher, I know I dropped big john, but would catch out Utd in my opinion

Allys team will be, Simmo, Foster, Jig, Moshni, Smith, then Black and Hutton as deep mids, then Aird and Perallta out wide, Law feeding of Dalys scraps

As long as it pays off, I am not to fussed who plays where

Do you not think that United or the referee might notice the fact that we had 12 players on the park? :)

If we sit back and try to hold out we will get slaughtered especially as it looks like we will be playing a right back who cannot defend or pass, a central defender with no pace,reading of the game or tackling prowess, a bomb scare centre half and a slow and extremely poor left back in Smith.

The only way to get a result is to play to the opposition weakness and attack them but we all know that since it is a cup tie the tactics will be his usual 1 up front and try to get a no scoring draw and hope for some sort of lucky chance.

So a slaughter looks to be on the cards.