To Those Still Standing By Ally

WCPRANGERS1

All I'm asking is a sound reasoning as to why.

Not because he's "one of us".

Not because he's a playing legend but what do you see outwith our league results that makes you believe Ally is the man to take the club forward.

Can he deliver at the highest level and will he help develop players at all levels.

This isn't a dig at those supporting Ally, I just want an understanding (outwith the legend) as to why he recieves your continual backing.

Cheers in advance.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Because he is the manager of the club. He has ended up in a position not of his choosing and he stayed despite of that.

Add in there being absolutely zero realistic alternatives for a 2nd tier team with little transfer budget, and I stick by Ally because he has earned that loyalty.

I don't ask others to do same.

End of.

He deserves a chance at a normal season and he has, as yet, not had one.

He's very much earned that chance.

What was abnormal about this season ?

Clubs are winning these divisions and cups on a tiny fraction of what we are spending.

Prior to admin his record was poor, post admin it is still poor, and most would say worse. What useful signings has he made ?

He is not embarrassed by being outplayed by Albion, and was so gutted at being papped out the cup by Raith he went out and partied.

None of this affects his standing as a club legend but as a manager he has had more than enough chances to show us he has what it takes and failed miserably.

Can you tell us any facet of management he has shown the slightest talent for ?

Why? Because he is the manager of the club. He has ended up in a position not of his choosing and he stayed despite of that.

Add in there being absolutely zero realistic alternatives for a 2nd tier team with little transfer budget, and I stick by Ally because he has earned that loyalty.

End of.

Because he hasn't spent doesn't mean his transfer budget has been low, wages and signing on fees count for a HIGE part of a budget and half of his signings aren't even starters.

I am also asking OUTWITH loyalty what do you see in his managerial abilities because let's face it that is the main factor.

Oh and being a manager does not always guarantee full backing ask PLG.

How many chances at normal do you want FFS:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=267453entry1061864345

He is an abject failure and anyone else would have either been sacked (or, if having any modicum of self-respect) would have walked by now.

So Ally, once again, just for the record - please fuck off. Preferably before Saturday (tu)

He's had two seasons playing against part timers and one having inherited a three in a row squad, been set up well for him if anything.

9 cup exits and a probable 10th on Saturday has earned him nothing

Until he steps down or is sacked I will support him ally has had more to deal with off the field than any other rangers managers put together has had to.i know he's made mistakes bad signings but what rangers manager hasn't.if ally gets us back in the top league I'll judge him there when he will be tested with a quality of player this club deserves not the players that have been serving it recently.i support the glasgow rangers if ally goes or is sacked I will still be supporting the glasgow rangers in the same way.WATP

Signed most of his targets, with the full backing of the then CEO, with fans buying season tickets in their tens of thousands, sorry mate but outwith the league we've been in the has been under no extraordinary circumstances in compression to recent seasons.

He in fact would've seen the cost cutting while assistant.

Until he steps down or is sacked I will support him ally has had more to deal with off the field than any other rangers managers put together has had to.i know he's made mistakes bad signings but what rangers manager hasn't.if ally gets us back in the top league I'll judge him there when he will be tested with a quality of player this club deserves not the players that have been serving it recently.i support the glasgow rangers if ally goes or is sacked I will still be supporting the glasgow rangers in the same way.WATP

Whilst having the EASIEST opposition to play against than any Rangers manager.......

Why can't he be judged now when he has players who are of a far higher calibre than our opposition and when Rangers managers have been more highly criticised when playing in Europe and against the mhanks

End of.

This kind of attitude will just hold our club back for years

Can you define a normal season?

One without a financial crisis, one where he can choose and recruit players without being asked to play boardroom games and one where he can focus entirely on the football team without unwelcome distractions. There is more to it I readily acknowledge, but these are crucial points.

He's earned that in my opinion.

All I'm asking is a sound reasoning as to why.

Not because he's "one of us".

Not because he's a playing legend but what do you see outwith our league results that makes you believe Ally is the man to take the club forward.

Can he deliver at the highest level and will he help develop players at all levels.

This isn't a dig at those supporting Ally, I just want an understanding (outwith the legend) as to why he recieves your continual backing.

Cheers in advance.

He has won 2 leagues in a row - lost only 2 games this season - my belief is folk have underestimated how hard rebuilding a squad is, and these leagues are uncharted territory. He has done this under the most high pressure circumstances ( including continual snipping from sections of out support ) and he is yet to have an unencumbered transfer window. He has built a squad even his detractors think capable of doing well in the top league. Oh and his eyes twinkle, he has a nice smile and occasional great dress sense.

He's had two seasons playing against part timers and one having inherited a three in a row squad, been set up well for him if anything.

9 cup exits and a probable 10th on Saturday has earned him nothing

The cups are much, much less important than the league and promotion.

Stevie Wonder can see that.