To Those Still Standing By Ally

WCPRANGERS1

One without a financial crisis, one where he can choose and recruit players without being asked to play boardroom games and one where he can focus entirely on the football team without unwelcome distractions. There is more to it I readily acknowledge, but these are crucial points.

He's earned that in my opinion.

(tu) agreed

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF winning the league was the only priority and he hasn't had one season without a financial crisis of some description, why did he feel the need to sign players who were 1) at least 3 divisions above where we started in terms of quality when they were not needed to achieve the only priority; and 2) spend arguably 10 times more money than needed to achieve the only priority.

He has won 2 leagues in a row - lost only 2 games this season - my belief is folk have underestimated how hard rebuilding a squad is, and these leagues are uncharted territory. He has done this under the most high pressure circumstances ( including continual snipping from sections of out support ) and he is yet to have an unencumbered transfer window. He has built a squad even his detractors think capable of doing well in the top league. Oh and his eyes twinkle, he has a nice smile and occasional great dress sense.

Thanks mate that the kind of genuine input that I was asking for, you know my opinion differs from your own but it is good to here a deeper response than just because he's Ally McCoist.

Can I ask you though would a non Rangers legend have had the same backing, I know this is hypothetical but I'm sure you'll agree that there is an element of support for the legend rather than what they think he may do as manager.

IF winning the league was the only priority and he hasn't had one season without a financial crisis of some description, why did he feel the need to sign players who were 1) at least 3 divisions above where we started in terms of quality when they were not needed to achieve the only priority; and 2) spend arguably 10 times more money than needed to achieve the only priority.

And what would we be discussing on here right now if he did that and won both leagues by 5 points or so, with equally shite football!

And that is my choice. I support Ally.

Others can choose to do otherwise but do not blame me for my choice.

I am no more or less of a fan of the club for my choice.

But it is my choice.

I'm not asking wether you support him or not bit wether you believe how and why he will move the club forward and is it more than just because of who he is.

And what would we be discussing on here right now if he did that and won both leagues by 5 points or so, with equally shite football!

We'd be discussing what to do with the money we've saved and how its great not having to worry about catching the fucking mhanks. Don't forget the priority is supposedly getting up the divisions asap, no one mentioned points tally.

Fair enough a few empty tins would be rattling louder than the rest but lets face it, Rangers and Ally could have sold that vision to the fans no problems at all. Instead we've spunked fuck tons of money and everyone is pissed off anyway.

And we're going to struggle to catch they cunts for at least a couple of seasons.

Also don't forget Ally himself justified a few of the signings as "ones for our title push come 2015/16". How much horseshit was that?

Thanks mate that the kind of genuine input that I was asking for, you know my opinion differs from your own but it is good to here a deeper response than just because he's Ally McCoist.

Can I ask you though would a non Rangers legend have had the same backing, I know this is hypothetical but I'm sure you'll agree that there is an element of support for the legend rather than what they think he may do as manager.

I genuinely think any manager that had done what he had done in the last two seasons would have my support - it's our collective and genuine anger getting directed at one of our own that makes this a harder argument than it needs to be.

We'd be discussing what to do with the money we've saved and how its great not having to worry about catching the fucking mhanks.

Fair enough a few empty tins would be rattling louder than the rest but lets face it, Rangers and Ally could have sold that vision to the fans no problems at all. Instead we've spunked fuck tons of money and everyone is pissed off anyway.

And we're going to struggle to catch they cunts for at least a couple of seasons.

Also don't forget Ally himself justified a few of the signings as "ones for our title push come 2015/16". How much horseshit was that?

I don't disagree but that was a decision for the board, not McCoist. Healthy dose of hindsight always helps.

We would still have a shit storm on places like this, it'd just be a different one.

The cups are much, much less important than the league and promotion.

Stevie Wonder can see that.

He had got us horsed out of four cups in less than six months before we even went into administration which was a time when cups were important and IIRC one of his justifications for signing the players he did in a Summer 2012 was so it gave us a chance at competing for the domestic honours which is only going to raise fans expectations.

I don't disagree but that was a decision for the board, not McCoist. Healthy dose of hindsight always helps.

We would still have a shit storm on places like this, it'd just be a different one.

Strange, most of the guys who agree with me now are the guys who argued my very point, to me, 2 years ago.

Hindsight has very little to with it.

Strange, most of the guys who agree with me now are the guys who argued my very point, to me, 2 years ago.

Hindsight has very little to with it.

Well look on the bright side, had we went down the route of the "enlightened" the "Ally loyal" would have even more excuses to retain his services.

I am supporting Ally because I think he is being judged on unfair and uncharted circumstances, as a season ticket holder I have seen the standard of football in the last 3 months drop below what I expected, of this I have no doubt but in regards to our league form he has delivered on results, at times its not been pretty, but the stats don't lie, we remain unbeaten in the league, we have before said dip in form, scored a whole load of goals, created loads more, how many times have you guys been giving it the old FFS how did he miss that, exactly,

At times he has got us playing what I would say was acceptable levels of football, like Airdrie away and he got the tactical switch in his toughest league game at Dunfermline when they were still in the running, I know thats only 2 examples, there is probably more, I am not trying to convince anyone else to support him, I am at present happy to extend my hope and patience a little longer than others that is all

Sadly I can't put his legend status to the side, as John Greig is still a legend, so shall Ally always be (does this buy him more time, you bet yer life it does) but make no mistake I certainly dont think he is infallable or iremovable, as I stated else where for me the unbeaten season needs to remain and cherry on top defeat D Utd I would be more than happy with that :thumbup:

I genuinely think any manager that had done what he had done in the last two seasons would have my support - it's our collective and genuine anger getting directed at one of our own that makes this a harder argument than it needs to be.

Do you not believe that's a telling factor though, look at it from another perspective could you imagine the reaction to someone who wasn't "one of our own" and let's be honest about it that has actually bought him more time among our support.

Football management is an impossible task and takes a brave man to do it, especially under difficult circumstances, however it should also curry very lite favour, yes he has had success but I think people cannot envisage the longer term with Ally in charge.

He has won 2 leagues in a row - lost only 2 games this season - my belief is folk have underestimated how hard rebuilding a squad is, and these leagues are uncharted territory. He has done this under the most high pressure circumstances ( including continual snipping from sections of out support ) and he is yet to have an unencumbered transfer window. He has built a squad even his detractors think capable of doing well in the top league. Oh and his eyes twinkle, he has a nice smile and occasional great dress sense.

Seriously , would you let Ally pump you ?

One thing baffles me.

We are in unchartered territory but it is an EASIER league, different does not always mean harder.

An opportunity IMO was missed and I believe had the manager not been Ally people would've wanted him gone. Point in case being Eck, a successful manager but had a huge division between fans.

He had got us horsed out of four cups in less than six months before we even went into administration which was a time when cups were important and IIRC one of his justifications for signing the players he did in a Summer 2012 was so it gave us a chance at competing for the domestic honours which is only going to raise fans expectations.

The ups and downs of McCoist's tenure are well known - I simply think he's earned the right to exclusively manage in a normal season.

not really, you won't see me booing a Rangers player/manager, whether they deserve it or not. its not in my make up.

if McCoist keeps his job I will back him 100%, if he loses it I will back the new man 100%.

I'm asking though does he have what it takes to drive the club forward not just that he gets your backing because.......

Well look on the bright side, had we went down the route of the "enlightened" the "Ally loyal" would have even more excuses to retain his services.

Nothing would please me more mate. Named my youngest after Ally. He was born March 2012. Right in the middle of the shitstorm.