To Those Still Standing By Ally

WCPRANGERS1

Do you not believe that's a telling factor though, look at it from another perspective could you imagine the reaction to someone who wasn't "one of our own" and let's be honest about it that has actually bought him more time among our support.

Football management is an impossible task and takes a brave man to do it, especially under difficult circumstances, however it should also curry very lite favour, yes he has had success but I think people cannot envisage the longer term with Ally in charge.

When Ally first joined Rangers some fans couldnae see him as a striker !

Yes I agree it's all about perspective - I am not sure I agree with the brutality of the way managers are treated in general - my perspective is he has earnt more time!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Ally first joined Rangers some fans couldnae see him as a striker !

Yes I agree it's all about perspective - I am not sure I agree with the brutality of the way managers are treated in general - my perspective is he has earnt more time!

You may not agree but when you look at the managerial world then it is fairly undeniable. And yeah I'd agree most thought he didn't have it and how many times have we done that with players....

A lot of my favourite Rangers memories are from Ally the player AND I know I don't know what happens on the training pitch or in the dressing room but his demeanour on the touch line does not inspire.

Even humouring you for a second what was abnormal about this season?

AGM madness, financial crisis, boardroom upheaval, legal challenges, emergency loans and on it goes.

Given that list is off the top of my head, I can only assume you're taking the piss. I'll leave it at that.

AGM madness, financial crisis, boardroom upheaval, legal challenges, emergency loans and on it goes.

Given that list is off the top of my head, I can only assume you're taking the piss. I'll leave it at that.

And what has any of that got to do with us on the pitch?

You'd know all about piss taking

Saturday is a defining time again for the club

the only positive thing i can think of is we win the Scottish cup

and the Ramsdens cup lost - obvious great to win it

but for me and for the good of the club a defeat might do us a favour looking ahead

For one game and what it means we have to beat dundee united on saturday

the rest can wait as we have enough off the field shite going on.

And what has any of that got to do with us on the pitch?

Perhaps you're right (I know, unlikely, I know) and McCoist's ability to deliver league titles (in the face of the ongoing madness as a result of Green's legacy) is in fact testimony to the mans resilience.

You're going to struggle with this. That's clear already.

Smith's time - pre-admin as it was - is scarcely comparable with anything McCoist has had to deal with post admin.

So board room changes, HMRC, entirely changing the squad, playing with a lesser standard of player, cutting costs, style of football, an uncertain future with no clear buyer, isn't compatible?

Walter also faced a higher standard of competition and delivered top level trophies OUTWITH league titles.

I believe Ally is the best manager we can get at present. I do not believe that their is a realistic alternative at present.

I also believe that Plg should gave got more of a chance and that his being fired was a mistake.

So Ally has my support. I believe he can make a good manager when he simply has to be a manager rather that the single clasp holding the entire club together.

I don't understand anybody still standing by him. Must just be trolling.

It seems the pro-McCoist guys on this thread have given calm and measured and thoughtful responses. Polite responses.

And you call that trolling?

More than half of the anti-Ally posters come out with "please get tae fuck" nonsense and basically huff and sulk like daft wee teenagers.

I have had my fill of the management and the tactics... but every time I log on here, it actually drives me back to defending McCoist... Because I could never accept being considered anything remotely like the silly, spoilt, wee nyaffs that make up a large percentage of the other side.