To Those Still Standing By Ally

WCPRANGERS1

All I'm asking is a sound reasoning as to why.

Not because he's "one of us".

Not because he's a playing legend but what do you see outwith our league results that makes you believe Ally is the man to take the club forward.

Can he deliver at the highest level and will he help develop players at all levels.

This isn't a dig at those supporting Ally, I just want an understanding (outwith the legend) as to why he recieves your continual backing.

Cheers in advance.

Because we have not lost a single league game all season and we are in the semi-final of the Scottish cup, we had one blip in a pre-season cup match against Forfar, another with 2 injured players on the pitch against an organised side in the challenge cup final.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you're right (I know, unlikely, I know) and McCoist's ability to deliver league titles in the face of the ongoing madness as a result of Green's legacy is in fact testimony to the mans resilience.

You're going to struggle with this. That's clear already.

Wondered how long it would take you to mention Green.

You have high standards for board members but clearly incredibly low ones for the manager

I believe Ally does have the ability to inspire, unfortunately, it's the opposition he inspires. His lack of tactical nous is killing the club and I hate myself for thinking it's time for him to go, but I do think it is time he went. For the sake of our club.

Genuinely enjoying following this thread.

I am firmly anti ally, but really want to see bullshit aside the reasons why the pro ally camp continue to support him.

Bmr, bp9, inigo and any other pro ally crew, thanks or thanks in advance for you posts.

Am going to hold off a bit before replying. Hopefully the argument will be developed further by then.

Sima.

It seems the pro-McCoist guys on this thread have given calm and measured and thoughtful responses. Polite responses.

And you call that trolling?

More than half of the anti-Ally posters come out with "please get tae fuck" nonsense and basically huff and sulk like daft wee teenagers.

I have had my fill of the management and the tactics... but every time I log on here, it actually drives me back to defending McCoist... Because I could never accept being considered anything remotely like the silly, spoilt, wee nyaffs that make up a large percentage of the other side.

All this coming from the troll who posted and laughed at the BBC image of Ally falling out the window of Ibrox. Scum.

It seems the pro-McCoist guys on this thread have given calm and measured and thoughtful responses. Polite responses.

And you call that trolling?

More than half of the anti-Ally posters come out with "please get tae fuck" nonsense and basically huff and sulk like daft wee teenagers.

I have had my fill of the management and the tactics... but every time I log on here, it actually drives me back to defending McCoist... Because I could never accept being considered anything remotely like the silly, spoilt, wee nyaffs that make up a large percentage of the other side.

I sometimes wonder if this is why I still support him. For me (and it's not just with McCoist), in the last couple of years we've seen our support crumble. It used to be we regarded ourselves as a a principled bunch but in the last three years we've started to tumble into an abyss that's completely devoid of class. On RM at least. A scattergun of blame, abuse and an 'I know better than you/you're deluded' attitude with an inability to show respect to different views. The aggression and snideness kicking about is dispiriting. Save it for the mhanks.

I was going to answer the OP, but the Mrs just phoned for a lift and I've already kept her waiting writing the above. Do it when I get back if I'm not having a tiff.

I'm not asking wether you support him or not bit wether you believe how and why he will move the club forward and is it more than just because of who he is.

Everytime someone says their reason, it is not good for you, so why should we tell you our reasons? You don't like Ally as a manager, some people do. End off the matter.

McCoist is the manager because he got chosen by Smith, and whilst he still walks in to Auchenhowie and sits in the managers office there, or he comes out of the tunnel the Rangers manager I will back him until either the board tell him to go or he leaves on his own terms.

I have supported every manager that has been there since my birth apart from Le Guen who I said from day 1 he would not handle it in Scotland, but that doesnt give you the right to quash people's opinions on a manager who's biggest job is to get the great Rangers team motivated playing shitty teams. (this weekend not included)

I sometimes wonder if this is why I still support him. For me (and it's not just with McCoist), in the last couple of years we've seen our support crumble. It used to be we regarded ourselves as a a principled bunch but in the last three years we've started to tumble into an abyss that's completely devoid of class. On RM at least. A scattergun of blame, abuse and an 'I know better than you/you're deluded' attitude with an inability to show respect to different views. The aggression and snideness kicking about is dispiriting. Save it for the mhanks.

So. Is it defiance ? Is that the reason.?If you remove the associated shit, is ally the man to take us forward, overtake the mhanks, and lead us into europe post xmas as a minimum????

No. My opinion. No one has to agree with it but surely I am as entitled to my opinion as others are to theirs?

As long as yr AntiAlly your opinion will be respected. Havin to explain why you support our clubs manager is a lot of shite. You wid be better banging yer head aff a brick wall than trying to explain anything to the ally haters.

Where's TWB these days? Im worried the fall of Ally has hit him hard.

Weirdly enough, I was just thinking the same thing yesterday :unsure: my entire day was taken up by the two biggest mysteries on the planet....Where is TWB and when will they find that fucking Malaysian plane :blink:

Everytime someone says their reason, it is not good for you, so why should we tell you our reasons? You don't like Ally as a manager, some people do. End off the matter.

McCoist is the manager because he got chosen by Smith, and whilst he still walks in to Auchenhowie and sits in the managers office there, or he comes out of the tunnel the Rangers manager I will back him until either the board tell him to go or he leaves on his own terms.

I have supported every manager that has been there since my birth apart from Le Guen who I said from day 1 he would not handle it in Scotland, but that doesnt give you the right to quash people's opinions on a manager who's biggest job is to get the great Rangers team motivated playing shitty teams. (this weekend not included)

His question wasn't "do you back Ally" though, it was why. Barely anyone answered why.

As long as yr AntiAlly your opinion will be respected. Havin to explain why you support our clubs manager is a lot of shite. You wid be better banging yer head aff a brick wall than trying to explain anything to the ally haters.

Probably because my opinion consists of more than "I just do right".

The answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind*

* Grabs coat.

He's away to contemplate the meaning of life in a secluded monistery 'cause the times they are a changin' :pipe: and I think he's talking to a Tambourine player.

Haud on, I'll get ma coat anaw.

Couldn't agree more. (tu) And if they ever get some stick back, they are whinging like children. It's quite frankly all rather pathetic.

Genuinely enjoying following this thread.

I am firmly anti ally, but really want to see bullshit aside the reasons why the pro ally camp continue to support him.

Bmr, bp9, inigo and any other pro ally crew, thanks or thanks in advance for you posts.

Am going to hold off a bit before replying. Hopefully the argument will be developed further by then.

Sima.

You need to keep abreast of things. I gave my updated and alternative viewpoint in one of the other 798 threads about this. :)