TBO - Card Display in the Govan.

Cheering and clapping. Not inventive or original but better and more intimidating.

Displays are for the teams coming out ( which you can still sing and chant) so I don't see a problem with it whatsoever. Especially when people are putting their hands in their pockets to add a bit of colour and atmosphere.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Displays are for the teams coming out ( which you can still sing and chant) so I don't see a problem with it whatsoever. Especially when people are putting their hands in their pockets to add a bit of colour and atmosphere.

Clapping adds alot to an atmosphere. I don't see what difference to anything a card display makes. Fair play to them for spending the money, but it'd be better spent elsewhere.

Clapping adds alot to an atmosphere. I don't see what difference to anything a card display makes. Fair play to them for spending the money, but it'd be better spent elsewhere.

That's your opinion mate. We wouldn't be human if we all thought the same way lol.

That was a belter, it's not necessary every few games though.

I'd rather the opposition ran out to a deafening roar and scarves waving or fist pumping as opposed to card display.

The arse has been ripped out of it IMO.

Full stands with scarves getting twirled never really happened only in the enclosures in my time but could be wrong. Fair play to the lads for putting effort in as has been known for a while the scumdee are doing one so would rather we showed them how its done.

Bring back scarf twirling as not been done in ages and looks the baws.

Full stands with scarves getting twirled never really happened only in the enclosures in my time but could be wrong. Fair play to the lads for putting effort in as has been known for a while the scumdee are doing one so would rather we showed them how its done.

Yea I know they're only trying to help but I just think it's boring and aimed at looking good on the TV.

I've always hated them as folk aren't clapping the team on as they're holding up a piece of card.

All about opinions though.

That was a belter, it's not necessary every few games though.

I'd rather the opposition ran out to a deafening roar and scarves waving or fist pumping as opposed to card display.

The arse has been ripped out of it IMO.

It's a cup semi-final man, c'mon.

Yea I know they're only trying to help but I just think it's boring and aimed at looking good on the TV.

I've always hated them as folk aren't clapping the team on as they're holding up a piece of card.

All about opinions though.

Yeah I am not saying its good or bad just fair play for the effort they are doing. As you I would rather full applause until yer hands are sore then belt the tunes out and tmrow we need to make a hell of a noise and put the fear right into them. On the plus they are doing a card display so we will have 20k+10k holding cards cheering and they will be holding cards up so doing us a favor really lol.

did we not have a blue card display the other week to have a pop at someone. seems a bit off to me having a blue card for encouragement and for having a pop soon nobody will know what the fuck a blue card means apart from a disabled parking slot

I was never a great fan of the scarf twirling , i always though we picked that up from the jambos mid eighties, i prefer the traditional mass horizontal display from the sixties , seventies

I was never a great fan of the scarf twirling , i always though we picked that up from the jambos mid eighties, i prefer the traditional mass horizontal display from the sixties , seventies

Possibly i grew up in the east enclosure mid eighties so hence how i remember but thought it looked cool when looking back. I think my era thinks of the tims and there shitey scarf holding up hence we twirled lol.