7th minute applause for Hillsborough.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anything ever been done for the Bradford disaster? I honestly can't remember a silence taking place at any games? Could just be because the leagues wrapped by then

you see mate that was my point. I'm not against this one bit, but what about heysel? We barely even acknowledge the first Ibrox disaster nevermind other ones.

Why no show of support for juventus who's fans went to watch their team but never return? What about the workers at FC twente who died when the stand partially collapsed?

you see mate that was my point. I'm not against this one bit, but what about heysel? We barely even acknowledge the first Ibrox disaster nevermind other ones.

Why no show of support for juventus who's fans went to watch their team but never return? What about the workers at FC twente who died when the stand partially collapsed?

I get what your saying mate and indeed this does seem like publicity given whats going on in the news but i will have a moment of silence for the victims of the disaster, nothing to do with any inquest.

I would also be interested to know however, how many clubs in England have a minutes silence for the Ibrox Disaster? This is not tit for tat but those who are having a go at the young ones questioning today, surely you should be able to see why they are aggrieved at some being recognised and given moments silence/applause and others not, such as Bradford.

I get what your saying mate and indeed this does seem like publicity given whats going on in the news but i will have a moment of silence for the victims of the disaster, nothing to do with any inquest.

I would also be interested to know however, how many clubs in England have a minutes silence for the Ibrox Disaster? This is not tit for tat but those who are having a go at the young ones questioning today, surely you should be able to see why they are aggrieved at some being recognised and given moments silence/applause and others not, such as Bradford.

Spot on, what happened at hillsborough was tragic. But as you say what about Bradford, heysel or any other disasters? We should mark them all or only our own IMO.

Think I will stand silent, clippings for taigs who can't stay silent

I agree , there is massive hypocrisy from liverpool with Hillsborough when you consider what happened at heysel.

That's exactly my thoughts on it.i have no objection to holding a silence as we have been ordered to by the fa. my argument is the same as yours we should not be saying that one is more important than others and to me this is what this does.at ibrox we have had two we acknowledge one with silence Bradford heysel ignored any time a fan goes to a game and for whatever reason and does not make it home is wrong.

Are we having one for Heysel as well?

I know the Liverpool fans remember the Rangers 66, the flag gets put out at the appropriate time. On the 25th Anniversary of a disaster that was covered up by the police I see no issue with the games being 7 mins late, much like the FA agreed as well. In fact there is now a full flowing enquiry into the disaster.

As for Heysel, even the players said the stadium was in sh1t state of repair so no wonder a wall fell down, but hey lets just get a kick in now as Liverpool are obviously taigy bastards singing YNWA like those Ceptic scum across the way (who actually took the song from Liverpool). Juve fans have also come to Anfield on their anniversary as guests of the club on the anniversary of their loss as well.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2013/05/what-about-justice-for-heysel/

Liverpool are well aware of the effects of the tragedy and will never belittle it, it is far to close to home to have anything but utmost respect for their families and the loses on that day. As the article states, it is a huge stain on the clubs history and one that will never be washed away.

Bradford unfortunately was a fire, not the same thing.