Mccoist NEEDS to be sacked now!

scarkev

The main problem is that they were half decent players before we got them and in a short period of time have regressed that much they are looking like total shite in a 3rd rate league.

I am really struggling to comprehend why all these players look more like bad amateur players than players who played with such success in better leagues than what we currently play in.

I can understand if (for example) Nicky Clark finds it hard to replicate the success he had for QotS because the way we play doesn't suit his talents, but what is the reason all the others have when they can't even pass a ball 10 yards to a team mate.

Im dont want to defend McCoist because I think he should go but with exception of Law/templeton I dont think players have regressed much. I think with Templeton it is a confidence thing and without doubt it is McCoist job to get the best out of him.

The others imo are just pish and are just performing to their standard. Its hard to say if they were playing better in other leagues but I would presume that the like of Smith, Mohsni, Foster, Simmonsen etc etc were not playing better.

The point about passing the ball 10 yards for me lies with the players. If you are a pro footballer you should be able to this. Maybe McCoist should try and build confidence but except from that its down to the players. I read a comment earlier that said that McCoist should have those players in doing ball work in the Sunday after the game. I was doing 'ball work' when I was 10 years old these are mid 20's pro footballers they should be able to do the basics without the input of a manager or coach.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im dont want to defend McCoist because I think he should go but with exception of Law/templeton I dont think players have regressed much. I think with Templeton it is a confidence thing and without doubt it is McCoist job to get the best out of him.

The others imo are just pish and are just performing to their standard. Its hard to say if they were playing better in other leagues but I would presume that the like of Smith, Mohsni, Foster, Simmonsen etc etc were not playing better.

The point about passing the ball 10 yards for me lies with the players. If you are a pro footballer you should be able to this. Maybe McCoist should try and build confidence but except from that its down to the players. I read a comment earlier that said that McCoist should have those players in doing ball work in the Sunday after the game. I was doing 'ball work' when I was 10 years old these are mid 20's pro footballers they should be able to do the basics without the input of a manager or coach.

With Templeton it is a confidence thing exacerbated by his injuries. With Law it's because he is not playing in the same role/system he played at with Motherwell (plus in the lower divisions the game is played helter skelter)

As for the others, they were playing in higher leagues than we have been playing the past 2 seasons, so it stands to reason they were doing ok to get selected in those teams, which in my books means they have regressed....and by the way, you are correct: they are pish from what they have shown playing for us.

If you are a pro footballer of course you should be able to pass a ball 10 yards and in fact if you are a 12 year old who can't pass a ball 10 yards then you have a problem, so the question has to be asked; if they can't pass a ball 10 yards,why were they signed in the first place?

I spent almost 40 years of my life playing football and over forty years coaching/managing footballers and although the standard of my teams weren't as high as Rangers, I shake my head at the standard of some of the players who pull on that famous blue shirt in the current squad.

With Templeton it is a confidence thing exacerbated by his injuries. With Law it's because he is not playing in the same role/system he played at with Motherwell (plus in the lower divisions the game is played helter skelter)

As for the others, they were playing in higher leagues than we have been playing the past 2 seasons, so it stands to reason they were doing ok to get selected in those teams, which in my books means they have regressed....and by the way, you are correct: they are pish from what they have shown playing for us.

If you are a pro footballer of course you should be able to pass a ball 10 yards and in fact if you are a 12 year old who can't pass a ball 10 yards then you have a problem, so the question has to be asked; if they can't pass a ball 10 yards,why were they signed in the first place?

I spent almost 40 years of my life playing football and over forty years coaching/managing footballers and although the standard of my teams weren't as high as Rangers, I shake my head at the standard of some of the players who pull on that famous blue shirt in the current squad.

Its an interesting question. Its obviously not that these players cant pass 10 yards its that the make a cock up of it a higher percentage of times than we are used to as Rangers fans. Why we have signed players that do that is because imo the position we find ourself in as a club and the fact our ability to sign players was hindered by only being allowed to sign free transfers. Im not trying to use that as an excuse its just the situation we find the club in.

That goes for the majority except from Law. Imo he has let the club down, for me he has to show more and I cant accept that its because he is playing in a different role/system. I will be honest I dont know what his role/system was at MOtherwell. He should be doing better and the blame for me lies at his door step not McCoist.

I agree with you the standard is poor right now but being honest Im not to sure we could expect much more from the players individually. It could be argued that as a group we should be doing much better and that is down to McCoist

I had always hoped ally could leave with a bit of dignity but it's got to the point we need rid of him ASAP!

One of the biggest criticisms labeled at ally has been his inability to affect change in matches or to make effective substitutions. Today we lost primarily because of poor finishing and awful defending but ally's substitutions and tactics played a part AGAIN! He is costing us in big games and turning fans away in their droves.

Last week the substitution to bring on faure when Wallace got injured was completely baffling and then today when we were in need of a goal and had to stretch utd he takes off our only wide player with pace and throws on Clark! Baffling!

I just can't watch it anymore and unless he goes I am 100% not renewing and you can think of that what you want but he is embarrassing us more and more!

In my fantasy football 2014 I get to allow folk like you the chance to manage Rangers - problem is I never get any success with all the chopping and changing and the tactical nous nit actually translating into wins - that's why I'm glad Rangers have someone who actually knows the game, In charge, and winning!

In my fantasy football 2014 I get to allow folk like you the chance to manage Rangers - problem is I never get any success with all the chopping and changing and the tactical nous nit actually translating into wins - that's why I'm glad Rangers have someone who actually knows the game, In charge, and winning!

Aye we won 1-3 ya fuckin retard :lol:

You not a bit old for fantasy football?

Knows the game you say? Interesting because a good tactical manager would have seen that the way utd start attacks is via their full backs and for us to play narrow and to fail to exploit that space in the second half was a criminal decision.

You not a bit old for fantasy football?

Knows the game you say? Interesting because a good tactical manager would have seen that the way utd start attacks is via their full backs and for us to play narrow and to fail to exploit that space in the second half was a criminal decision.

Says a fan 'fantatist' manager

Hi Lads,

Wednesday Loyal Here

I know the pain you are having with a legend in charge when things are going wrong ,we have had it a few times

p.s

Any Bears going to Marmaris May 9th to 26th

Was there last year mate, not heading this year but get down to the Ibrox Bar as soon as possible and find out when their boat trip is (tu)

Sash bash out on the waters with the bevy cannot be missed (tu)

Not good!

Especially when there are many others who feel the same. 1 man seems to be growing bigger than the club!

People are entitled to do with their money what they want, however everyone knows how vital the finances are to the club.

Why not arrange a protest for like minded fans instead?

People are entitled to do with their money what they want, however everyone knows how vital the finances are to the club.

....because they are widely ignored and make no difference.

...plus, this is what the board expect! Fans will pay their money no matter what. Why should people pay for a product they are unhappy with? The fans rallied when they went under, do the just continue to throw their hard earned wages at the club regardless?

I'm not convinced about McCoist long term but I genuinely don't think this is the time to replace him.

People talk about the amount of money we have invested in the squad and the salary being an attractive proposition for any potential manager but we have a lot more underlying problems that makes the job unattractive too.

Genuine question, how many teams going through comparable or similar turmoil to what we are attract good managers who stay for the long term because it usually seems to be journeymen managers, promotion from within people who will work cheap or charlatans who end up with these jobs and hardly any of them have any longevity either.

If McCoist was to leave I genuinely think we would end up with somebody like Calderwood, Durie,Reid or Warnock and despite people thinking otherwise I doubt they would achieve much more than what McCoist is.

I see both sides to this argument - keep him as he is the last remnant of the old guard at Rangers and gives some fans faith that we will not be railroaded by the board but he is taking us nowhere. We will not win the championship next season under his management, we simply don't have a squad good enough and I doubt he will get any money for players. Even more important though - who would want to come to us?

I have backed McCoist all season and for me the last straw was the capitulation to a very poor Raith side. however I have to genuinely ask this question; Why exactly has McCoist done that is so reprehensible that it has caused the fans go apoplectic and call for him to be sacked? the performances have been poor since November (this season at least), some of his signings have been mince - a crime no manager guiltless of. what exactly has his crime been?