I'm not renewing whilst McCoist is still manager

GOAT

I love how it's only about groups not renewing now. There was plenty on here, yourself included, trotting out the 'anyone who blackmails the club is worse then a bheast'. It wasn't 'people who follow what these groups are claiming and blackmail the club are the enemy within'. I've only seen that distinction made in the last few days.

More bluster with the point missed go the dude

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how it's only about groups not renewing now. There was plenty on here, yourself included, trotting out the 'anyone who blackmails the club is worse then a bheast'. It wasn't 'people who follow what these groups are claiming and blackmail the club are the enemy within'. I've only seen that distinction made in the last few days.

You're correct. I would just lump them all in together. I would say 'enemies within' but they'll all be outside.

I completely understand the views expressed by goat and others in this thread.

But deciding to not renew is what will turn this from an on field football problem into a financial problem that could severly harm the club.

The only thing that can ensure the future safety of Rangers is the fans money. I understand not renewing because of issues with the board and not trusting certain individuals with you money, but please dont let an issue such as shit football turn into Admin 2.

Id rather watch Rangers play shit than never see them play at all which is a feeling I know we all share and admin 2 is something I know no one wants to see.

One thing you have to Alistair credit for, he is doing a cracking job clearing out the gloryhunters LOL

What is wrong with wanting glory mate?are we all not gloryhunters?the way glory hunters are demonised is ridiculous, me? Not only am i a glory hunter and will remain so forever, the Glory that comes with a lifetime of watching Rangers glory, are you saying i should not be chasing glory? our support is full of glory hunters. they know no other

You building straw men again?

Anyone who withholds money to pressure the club into doing something is worse than a bheast. That's the line thrown at the 'rebs' eh?

You're right. Funny that starving the club is understandable with some if the aim of it suits their view, but it's treacherous if it relates to an aim they oppose. Encouraging others to do it as well is worse admittedly. Although you could argue that is sort of what GOAT is doing by advertising his intentions.

Peoples hearts are in the right place, I wouldn't challenge anyone to have to prove their love for Rangers. But holding the club for ransom is not the answer. I hate the dross we have to watch but not enough to jeopardise the club.

When we were in administration youd have bit the hand off someone offering shit football in return for Rangers survival, im not saying we should all accept whats happening but just remember how you felt during admin and ask yourself if its better or worse than how crap football makes you feel.

Id love to be able to get a ST for next season, because I love watching Rangers as I have my whole life. We could have lost that last year. Just remember as the song says its Win Lose or Draw thats the Glasgow Rangers story.

you said there is a phrase when people hide when it gets hard - i think if times are tough due to circumstances outside our control, we have to stand strong. however, when we are giving millions to a dud in wages, plus millions for him to shit down the pan on players he doesnt need i believe sticking with this guy says to me that you want Rangers to go under. Its simple - he costs too much he spends too much and he is an absolute imposter of a manager.

Did you really just post that I want Rangers to go under? From what I posted..

Cool story roaster.

Some Fucking people...

Peoples hearts are in the right place, I wouldn't challenge anyone to have to prove their love for Rangers. But holding the club for ransom is not the answer. I hate the dross we have to watch but not enough to jeopardise the club.

When we were in administration youd have bit the hand off someone offering shit football in return for Rangers survival, im not saying we should all accept whats happening but just remember how you felt during admin and ask yourself if its better or worse than how crap football makes you feel.

Id love to be able to get a ST for next season, because I love watching Rangers as I have my whole life. We could have lost that last year. Just remember as the song says its Win Lose or Draw thats the Glasgow Rangers story.

Wise words. Jeopardising the well-being of the Club should not be done lightly. Boring, relentless winning football and year-on-year promotions are a few steps above the mere survival we would have been grateful for.

The self-defeating irony of starving the Club of funds without a concrete alternative to step in, either managerially or financially, strikes me as both irresponsibly premature and foolhardy.

THIS --->>

Govan Rear GR4 Row K Seat 0112

I have been going from age aged 6 ...every season. I'm 53. Bill Struth talked of troubled times. Our motto is Ready and our Cry IS No Surrender and Follow Follow.

I have watched Celtic win 9 in a row, and Davie whites humiliation against Gornik. I have watched Gazza and Laudrup light up my saturdays.

It's who I am and what I do. I follow. I support. Its unconditional. It's like the love you can have for a child.

Nick Hornby talks about it eloquently in his book when he was 6 too I think and he realised Arsenal was in his blood and that this love would outlast his marriage.

I have been privileged to support Rangers. It has been an honour. I look at the Thistle and Dumbarton supporters and admire them for their dedication ....to their "Club"

This is the essence... i go to Ibrox to support that nebulous entity ... "Rangers Football Club." McCoist has been disappointing and the players disappointing... and I am disappointed.... but I will never stop going or make ultimatums... never. RTID is a phrase I use and I mean it.

I understand the pain... we should make it bond us.

Its funny you know...im a low poster but pop in here and read daily... Some posters in thousands or with names like loyal dis the likes of me because we don't have "many posts" but are now talking about not renewing till Ally goes. The measure of the supporter not how much they support but how much they post seemingly. We are an easy club to support in the good times but the measure of us is now... loyalty in the hard times. Struth knew these times would come because that is what life is like. He gave us warnings that hard times would come round. The elders amongst us will realsie the se happenings in our personal lives or marriage.

I support our "Club" and I will not hold them to ransom. The current Board are unimpressive, McCoist unimpressive, the players unimpressive, however we the fans have been outstanding in terms of support and a little disappointing in our ability to show some cohesiveness. By all means be unhappy with Board / manager and players and show your displeasure if you feel necessary.

GOAT ... i don't know you but you're clearly passionate and angry. Perhaps I'm older, and having suffered their 9 as a teenager I'm more patient. Think again my friend. Ally will go soon.. his time is nearing, Unless there is a miraculous turnaround which even I don't see. Try and support our Club... evermore... use you passion to galvanise us. ( For the record I have no connections with Board and think our custodians have been poor since Murray lost interest. My view on Ally is at best ambivalent but I will shout for the team and manager on a saturday. This is not a call to renew season tickets but to inspire you just a little to keep going to games next year. If your in GR then say hello hello!)

I know some of you may not renew or may use King's scheme... which is fine and I won't dis you for it, because these are trying times... but believe me ... if you can grit your teeth and hang in for the rest of the journey it will taste all the sweeter when we get there. I know this was not the journey we imagined and the board appear to take us for granted... I'm simply supporting the "Club" I love.

I returned from Ibrox today disappointed with result and the last 2 seasons in general. my wife said it's not been a very entertaining season has it. "I know," I said, " If I wanted entertained though, I'd go to the theatre... but I go to support Rangers... cos that's what I signed up to age 6"

She sighed of course but I trust that most of you might get it.

Disappointed but Loyal and still following

Struth "Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."

:thumbup:

You're right. Funny that starving the club is understandable with some if the aim of it suits their view, but it's treacherous if it relates to an aim they oppose. Encouraging others to do it as well is worse admittedly. Although you could argue that is sort of what GOAT is doing by advertising his intentions.

Don't talk pish it's not the same there's a massive difference between personal choice and starting groups based on smear and lies to encourage others to do the same

I've walked into my bus meeting there and the guy that runs the club is not renewing 3 books belonging to the club and writing a letter to Wallace saying it's because of McCoist and the fact that we use the tickets as spares to help others out to games but if McCoist is here these people are going to no go as they can't take it and I don't blame them - it's that simple

Ok it's maybe not right but I understand it more than groups trying to poison others minds into starving the club of money

That's the difference and it's massive

Anyone saying otherwise it's cos it suits them and they are hanging into any last wee bit of defence of Mccoist

These are dark times. Its hard being a Rangers fan sometimes. But one day soon we'll be back on top, and the mhanky mob and the like will think we're theirs for the taking. But because we are the Rangers we'll persevere and will come out the victors. And ill remember days like this and threads like these and they will make the victory even sweeter.

Were the Rangers, we will be back and we will be a force to be reckoned with. I just hope our current frustration won't be detrimental to our future. We are all frustrated but at the end of the day we all share a love for Rangers and we should stick together. I hate seeing Bears bickering the way we have been.

As a scarf was thrown to the dugout it caught Ally's eye for a split moment as it landed where the tunnel comes out. He must know the fans are about to backfire on him and for a split second I felt sorry for him as we all wanted him to be the man but its not happening and I do not want to see him removed by the fans rather by the people paid to make big decisions and if they don't I fear many will not renew not due to protesting but down to week in week out utter shite performances and tactics which is down to Ally.

Don't talk pish it's not the same there's a massive difference between personal choice and starting groups based on smear and lies to encourage others to do the same

I've walked into my bus meeting there and the guy that runs the club is not renewing 3 books belonging to the club and writing a letter to Wallace saying it's because of McCoist and the fact that we use the tickets as spares to help others out to games but if McCoist is here these people are going to no go as they can't take it and I don't blame them - it's that simple

Ok it's maybe not right but I understand it more than groups trying to poison others minds into starving the club of money

That's the difference and it's massive

Anyone saying otherwise it's cos it suits them and they are hanging into any last wee bit of defence of Mccoist

It's self indulgent to post the fact that he's not renewing. The insidious nature of forums means that posts like this add to peoples decision making process. People jump on bandwagons. If he's not going to renew he should do it (for all I don't like him doing it) and just keep quiet about it. Some things are best not said. Criticise McCoist all you like, but lets not start a non-renewal bandwagon. It would be so damaging for us it's not worth the risk.

Oh and btw, that's got fuck all to do with my view on this. I said the same last season to Senna re his not renewing for other reasons.

It's self indulgent to post the fact that he's not renewing. The insidious nature of forums means that posts like this add to peoples decision making process. People jump on bandwagons. If he's not going to renew he should do it (for all I don't like him doing it) and just keep quiet about it. Some things are best not said. Criticise McCoist all you like, but lets not start a non-renewal bandwagon. It would be so damaging for us it's not worth the risk.

me personally I will renew but at the latest point possible.as hurt,annoyed ,embarrassed as I am this is my team and some no mark forum poster will not sway my decision.