So proud of my team today

1st_Jan_1994

Such a strange game - we out played and outfought them - there was only one team in it

Ironic and paradoxical that stupid mistakes at each end cost us while playing well, yet we play shit for literally 2 years but it's the clean sheets and the odd goal that saves us - kinda like Dundee Peados today

That's the beauty of football I suppose

McCoist showed me that with proper prep work and tactics he could be a manager - However - here comes the negatives ... It's too little too late

IMO his chance of salvation was winning this tie

We exceeded my expectations today in a playing sense but it seemed like one last throw of the dice too with respect

We were good but not good enough

Ally's time is up but I can look back fondly on that display and say we done our best on the big day

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to agree, brilliant graft today with a lot heart. However our three moments of slackness, which have been characteristic of our season, is what ultimately cost us the game. Difference is that Arbroath and Brechin aren't good enough to exploit them every time, Scumdee Hivs are.

We got comfortably beaten by a young talented manager and a team full of young attacking players, with considerably less resource than our side.

And Ally got his selection right, but his tactical naivety cost us with his sub. Took our width and pace away, and allowed their full backs to push on. Handed them the game.

Honestly even before Simonsen's fuck up I could not see us scoring a leveller from open play. We got unlucky with Smith's deflected free kick to make it 2-2, but save from that we could have played extra time and still not found a goal.

Surely you must have saw a quantum leap in terms of effort, application, guts and dig today. If they gave that effort every week the fans would be happier and the manager might not be under so much pressure.

The fact that they can raise their effort, but won't for 99% of games just pisses me off even more. Played better today, but just emphasises how they have cheated us all season.

Some people need a reality check... Look at Man City... it took them years to rebuild and get back to the top division. Look at Leeds Utd... still no sign of them ever returning. They were a Champions League team just a handful of years ago.

Really is strange timing with the defeatist thing after the state the Bears Dens been in after games we've actually WON ! It has nothing to do with the state of the football either.

To be fair I did mention that that seems somewhat ironic and paradoxical

First half was ok, but then it went completely flat in the 2nd half. We have no plan B and seem to really struggle to break down average defences.

Daly and Clark are not the answer, defence is a bombscare and Law is extremely over rated.

Really disappointed with the 2nd half display. Never at any point did it feel like we went for it.

Fail to see any positives today.

We matched them for effort and that's about it.

We had a keeper who sold the tie with 10 mins left. A horror show of a defence who are as effective as a chocolate tea pot. a midfield that struggled to string 2 passes together and a non existent strikeforce

Added to that was the usual revert to punt up the park tactics which caused them no real problems it was, for me, sadly a case of as expected from our pitiful excuse for a rangers team