The obligatory but belated Steve Simonsen thread.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was an absolute horrific mistake but I really can't criticise him too much, it was clear that he didn't have a good understanding with the defence - something vital for any keeper to have and that's due to lack of games. Simonsen could easily have been used a few times this season to give him a bit more match practice.

Made a goalkeeping gaff. The best keepers in the world have made them. Felt a bit sorry for him tbh and glad it wasn't the decisive goal.

Game was pretty much over by then anyway as we didn't look like scoring. Thought he did OK apart from that what a couple of cracking saves. Must be difficult when you've only played one competitive game all season and you have two disasters playing center-half..

The guys been taking a wage all season and played his 2nd game today and made a fuckin massive blunder, sorry, but that doesnt add up to good value for money for me.

Fair enough it does happen, but at the end of the day he was asked to do a job today, after sitting on his arse all season and he fucked it, so no, no sympathy from me.

Id go as far as saying its the most depressing goal ive ever seen at Ibrox, we were still in with a shout of an equaliser and he blew it.

If we crucified every player who had one slack touch in a game then Mohsni and half our midfield would be out on their arses. The only difference is a mistake by him is right in front of an empty goal.

I'm not defending him but these things happen to the best keepers in the world and until it becomes a common occurrence we just have to accept it, hope he learns from it and move on.

I'm more concerned by his lack of mobility in rushing out to be honest.