The obligatory but belated Steve Simonsen thread.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of opportunity to give SS some game time since the league was won.

If he 'd had game time & made the same mistake, that could have been put down to 'one of those things'.

In the absence of game time, despite the manager 's vote of confidence, this just smacks of bad preparation.

if shiels and daly learned how to shoot this wouldnt even be discussed, feel bad for simonsen, played a man of the match performance on his debut, btw what the fuck happened to our free kick before simo fucked up?

On the back of one save?

Waste thousands a week on a bench warmer, when we had a young goalkeeper no doubt on less than a grand a week, we then loan that young GK out to a team in the same league as us. It's fucking bewildering. What goes on in McCoists head?

Agreed. What have got to loose? I am not a big fan of Bell by the way.

I would give Gallagher our young keeper who did nothing wrong at start of season a chance!!! We need to trust young players if we are going to progress as a club!!! Especially if they are performing!!

Waste thousands a week on a bench warmer, when we had a young goalkeeper no doubt on less than a grand a week, we then loan that young GK out to a team in the same league as us. It's fucking bewildering. What goes on in McCoists head?

This!!!! No wonder we are shipping cash!!

It was a mistake but people forget the wonder save that he made away from home

that made us getting to this stage.

I watched us take an attacking free kick through no brains black in midfield he passed

straight to them he passed forward for once in his Life !

Still fu*** it up they said thanks - & ladbrokes says yes !!

Dundee utd send it - up to foster with his beard lost all his power lost

after shaving his beard off loses all senses back pass to Simonsen who is no ashley cole.

I'm led to believe it's a thousand a week, but the rest of your post is spot on.

I'm led to believe it's a thousand a week, but the rest of your post is spot on.

Even if it is a grand, that's 52 wasted grand a year. I dread to think how much weve wasted on foster, black, sheils, daly, mohsni and smith.

It was a mistake but people forget the wonder save that he made away from home

that made us getting to this stage.

I watched us take an attacking free kick through no brains black in midfield he passed

straight to them he passed forward for once in his Life !

Still fu*** it up they said thanks - & ladbrokes says yes !!

Dundee utd send it - up to foster with his beard lost all his power lost

after shaving his beard off loses all senses back pass to Simonsen who is no ashley cole.

Yass! Best drunk post iv seen.

Yeeeooowwww

He made a mistake, one which ultimately put the nail in the coffin for our cup dreams.

I'm not going to lay all the blame at his door though, a keeper is an easy target when things go wrong, but ultimately there are 11 men on our team, and the other 10 didn't help our situation either.

Hopefully we'll learn from this, although some obvious changes will have to be made before we can.

Was an absolute horrific mistake but I really can't criticise him too much, it was clear that he didn't have a good understanding with the defence - something vital for any keeper to have and that's due to lack of games. Simonsen could easily have been used a few times this season to give him a bit more match practice.

ffs it doesnt take match practice to put yor foot through the ball and put it up the pitch.

well he controlled the defence well and was very vocal, maybe man of the match was an overreaction but if it wasn't for that save we probably wouldn't have won

When you say it like that, I agree with every word!

Fuck up! Jim is doing an excellent job.

This is on Cammy and Simmos head, NOT jims! He can only do so much!

Like, on the rare occasions they get called into action, they perform adequately?

Cammy might have caught Sunday's effort, certainly not parried straight back to the guy.

If you think Simmo's effort for the clincher can be excused, then I really despair how far our standards have fallen.

Like, on the rare occasions they get called into action, they perform adequately?

Cammy might have caught Sunday's effort, certainly not parried straight back to the guy.

If you think Simmo's effort for the clincher can be excused, then I really despair how far our standards have fallen.

I didnt say that, but, if we are to blame Jim Stewart, whos been excellent for us, for it, then I really despair of some of the fans!