The obligatory but belated Steve Simonsen thread.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm still pissing myself at moshni moaning at simo because he wouldn't come out to clear the big cunts fuck up, a little while later the big gob shite fucked up countless times.

don't wory simo, bell has flapped more times than jordans pussy lips

Aye but ma cocks rock solid

I didnt say that, but, if we are to blame Jim Stewart, whos been excellent for us, for it, then I really despair of some of the fans!

We had a big thread recently, bigging up JS's part, and his value for money.

Oddly, the 2 games we've lost in months feature goalkeeping shortcomings/howlers.

What's the point, if it boils down to this, on the very rare occasions our keepers are called into action?

We had a big thread recently, bigging up JS's part, and his value for money.

Oddly, the 2 games we've lost in months feature goalkeeping shortcomings/howlers.

What's the point, if it boils down to this, on the very rare occasions our keepers are called into action?

I would say it boils down to 1) Skill 2) Match practice.

We have had very good goalkeepers at the club, performing at high levels. Jim stewart cannot be blamed for individual mistakes. He keeps them technically on top of their game, and as focussed as possible..

Simmos mistake today was an error in judgement, not in training!

Waste thousands a week on a bench warmer, when we had a young goalkeeper no doubt on less than a grand a week, we then loan that young GK out to a team in the same league as us. It's fucking bewildering. What goes on in McCoists head?

This.

I would say it boils down to 1) Skill 2) Match practice.

We have had very good goalkeepers at the club, performing at high levels. Jim stewart cannot be blamed for individual mistakes. He keeps them technically on top of their game, and as focussed as possible..

Simmos mistake today was an error in judgement, not in training!

What about Cammy's poor effort last week?

Total technical fail.

And Simmo's effort yesterday didn't reek of focus.

However, I do feel if Simmo had had a couple of starts over the last month, the cock up may not have happened or could not have been blamed on not being adequately prepared.

No real reason for not giving him a crack once the league was won.

What about Cammy's poor effort last week?

Total technical fail.

And Simmo's effort yesterday didn't reek of focus.

However, I do feel if Simmo had had a couple of starts over the last month, the cock up may not have happened or could not have been blamed on not being adequately prepared.

No real reason for not giving him a crack once the league was won.

In my opinion, Jim Stewart is not to blame..

As far as I know, Simmo has not even been playing reserve football.. total disgrace as you need your reserve keeper to be as prepared as possible.. He should also have had a few first team games after winning the league!

In fairness he was as stupid as Foster, the two of them should have blootered it to fuck up the park and i blame them both but we had them under pressure and were looking likely to score when this happened.

get a grip! The goal was a bad goalkeeping mistake ...simple as that.... how on earth you can put any blame on to Foster just shows a complete lack of understanding of the game! Foster was facing his own goal and had the situation under control...the keeper made 2 horiffic mistakes...1, he came out too far and got too close to Foster and 2, he fluffed his kick....Foster isnt the greatest but stop blaming him for everything!!!! BTW Black was also at fault with the goal as his quick free kick lost possesion and caught our defenders out of position as they were making their way forward

In my opinion, Jim Stewart is not to blame..

As far as I know, Simmo has not even been playing reserve football.. total disgrace as you need your reserve keeper to be as prepared as possible.. He should also have had a few first team games after winning the league!

(tu)

The one where mohsni had to put it out for a corner was especially bad.

Couldn't handle the occasion, another bottler.

Was down in the West Enclosure, level with the Broomloan penalty area & in fairness to both keepers, the wind was absolutely howling.

I got the impression both were taking a split second longer than usual to assess just what the ball was going to do before they made their moves.

Was down in the West Enclosure, level with the Broomloan penalty area & in fairness to both keepers, the wind was absolutely howling.

I got the impression both were taking a split second longer than usual to assess just what the ball was going to do before they made their moves.

The wind? That you Ally? :D

I know what you mean though, it was bad but he looked shaky all game, think nerves got the better of him.

The wind? That you Ally? :D

I know what you mean though, it was bad but he looked shaky all game, think nerves got the better of him.

:lol:

No but he's sat next to me though!

(Not really but my lad who's named after him is!)

Plenty of opportunity to give SS some game time since the league was won.

If he 'd had game time & made the same mistake, that could have been put down to 'one of those things'.

In the absence of game time, despite the manager 's vote of confidence, this just smacks of bad preparation.

Why would we give him game time when Cammy bell was playing fine and was fit? The ONLY reason simonsen got a start was because bell was knocked out earlier in the week and had a concussion.