It wouldn't be so bad if....

JimmyCR1

....we didn't have the second highest wage bill and the highest paid manager in Scotland, because were most definitely not the second best team and McCoist definitely isn't the best manager. Sickens me that the Dundee Utd players are on a fraction of what our players are but are far superior, the money we waste on these importers is a joke.

....we didn't have the second highest wage bill and the highest paid manager in Scotland, because were most definitely not the second best team and McCoist definitely isn't the best manager. Sickens me that the Dundee Utd players are on a fraction of what our players are but are far superior, the money we waste on these importers is a joke.

Made the same point in a previous thread, couldn't agree more. Was saying this to my mates coming out the stadium. Guys like Ian Black on £10k a week :anguish:

does the entire DU team even earn as much as McCoist? disgusting how much he gets for being this shit

I heard a story, don't know how true it is, but when Nicky Clark came for contract talks he was hoping for between 1.5-2k a week and he walked in and never had to say anything and was offered 4k a week right away, fucking throwing money away if that's true and it wouldn't surprise me if it is

The one that sticks out to me is that Ian Black was struggling to make a living at Hearts and had to do some painting and decorating as a side job. Now hes rumoured to be on 6.5k-10k a week a driving about in a Bentley. Wouldnt mind if he was bossing the midfield and winning us games but hes just another journey man picking up a fuckin fotrune when theres probably loads of young talent out there that would do a better job for a fraction of that wage.

Shiels should have the decency to walk away. Fucking embarrassment of a player! He could easily take a few with him too. We simply can no longer to afford to have passengers draining our resources.

Foster hasn't enhanced our defence in any shape or form.

Templeton, although a good player, is too fucking dear for what we actually get from him. £5k or £6k a week for someone who plays 3 or 4 then misses 8 or 9. Joke!!

Peralta. Just not the type of player we need.

Shiels should have the decency to walk away. Fucking embarrassment of a player! He could easily take a few with him too. We simply can no longer to afford to have passengers draining our resources.

Foster hasn't enhanced our defence in any shape or form.

Templeton, although a good player, is too fucking dear for what we actually get from him. £5k or £6k a week for someone who plays 3 or 4 then misses 8 or 9. Joke!!

Peralta. Just not the type of player we need.

Templeton is made of glass, would be aswell cutting our losses with him. Hardly kicked a ball in two years.

The one that sticks out to me is that Ian Black was struggling to make a living at Hearts and had to do some painting and decorating as a side job. Now hes rumoured to be on 6.5k-10k a week a driving about in a Bentley. Wouldnt mind if he was bossing the midfield and winning us games but hes just another journey man picking up a fuckin fotrune when theres probably loads of young talent out there that would do a better job for a fraction of that wage.

We heard on these very forums a year ago that football couldn't be played in these lower leagues. Teams would kick us off the park apparently so Ian Black made sense since he ain't a footballer but like to kick people. Rather than try to play football and start a new philosophy we should simply resort to long balls and kicking people.

Is this really the mentality we want Rangers to have?

Can anyone tell me what wages Fraser Aird is on ?

Everybody seems to know everyone elses.

Feel free to insert any of the following:

rumoured

apparently

I heard

allegedly

It's well known

....or any other phrase that equates to "I don't know / can't prove this as a fact"

Judging by today they are not far superior it was a pretty even game which I'd say we shaded in the first half.

But I do agree with your central point which is that the standard of our squad is well below what I'd expect it to be considering the wages we are spending (tu)

Templeton is made of glass, would be aswell cutting our losses with him. Hardly kicked a ball in two years.

Hindsight is a great thing mate, but almost to a man we all said on here before we signed him....great player, but a 'sicknote'....avoid! Just a pity those in charge didn't take heed!

rumoured

apparently

I heard

allegedly

It's well known

....or any other phrase that equates to "I don't know / can't prove this as a fact"

The entire Dundee United team has cost 800k and their wage bill is a fraction of what ours is.

Ally McCoist, Kenny McDowall, and Ian Durrant apparently soak up £1.5m a year in wages alone.

I heard a story, don't know how true it is, but when Nicky Clark came for contract talks he was hoping for between 1.5-2k a week and he walked in and never had to say anything and was offered 4k a week right away, fucking throwing money away if that's true and it wouldn't surprise me if it is

Wouldn't be half as bad if we had any idea at all about how to use Nicky - don't see anybody trying or able to bring him into the game at all.

How much is Ricky Foster on a week, I'm willing to bet 5-10k a week. How much do you think Argyriou was on? 2-5k a week, did he really do any worse a job than foster?

What about simonsen? We loan a young goalkeeper to Airdrie and then sign this clown and waste thousands a week on him. It's a joke, McCoist has blew millions winning two part time leagues, and the wank has the cheek to ask for more money? Fuck off.

Hindsight is a great thing mate, but almost to a man we all said on here before we signed him....great player, but a 'sicknote'....avoid! Just a pity those in charge didn't take heed!

That's a lie.

How much is Ricky Foster on a week, I'm willing to bet 5-10k a week. How much do you think Argyriou was on? 2-5k a week, did he really do any worse a job than foster?

What about simonsen? We loan a young goalkeeper to Airdrie and then sign this clown and waste thousands a week on him. It's a joke, McCoist has blew millions winning two part time leagues, and the wank has the cheek to ask for more money? Fuck off.

And he has the cheek to want to spend more money next year, we should be light years ahead of anything in the championship but sadly this isn't the case

Judging by today they are not far superior it was a pretty even game which I'd say we shaded in the first half.

But I do agree with your central point which is that the standard of our squad is well below what I'd expect it to be considering the wages we are spending (tu)

Just about sums up my reading of the game. Switched off thinking there was an offside for the first goal and two schoolboy errors for two and three cost us big time.

I felt disappointed at the end, not so much with the effort or performance, but because we could easily have won that game.

Dundee Utd looked nothing special at all

rumoured

apparently

I heard

allegedly

It's well known

Aird is on about £750 per week, as is McKay and some of youngsters. Not sure how much bonuses etc are though

We heard on these very forums a year ago that football couldn't be played in these lower leagues. Teams would kick us off the park apparently so Ian Black made sense since he ain't a footballer but like to kick people. Rather than try to play football and start a new philosophy we should simply resort to long balls and kicking people.

Is this really the mentality we want Rangers to have?

Absolutely not. This is where the problem lies. I dont know if its the poor standard of league we're playing in is dragging these players down, but something is not right. On paper we should be competing at least with mid table SPL, not scrapping wins against part timers.

Correct.

We were very slack in defense, and utterly wasteful up front.

Had that been sorted, the score would have been the other way around.