Playing youngsters.....

bawsburst

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe their young players get the opportunity to develop, try things/make mistakes without being booed off the park when your team doesnt win at a canter.

Or maybe we're just pish from top to bottom.

If Bell had been fit enough to play, our average age would've been much lower, & we might still be in the cup?

It would have made less than a years difference to the average age so 28 at best. Taking Jig out and Daly as well and you start to make inroads.

That is another question that needs answered, why is Auchinhowie no more than a home for jokesters.

Wrong footballing philosophy? The football we play is Stone Age stuff, everyone else has evolved and moved with the times whereas we haven't.

scumdee trusted a 19 year old at full back, I remember back in the day we also did that.

I remember when we would play Durrant & D Ferguson in games v Celtic who had McStay, McLeod, and Burns in direct opposition.

Doesn't show any faith in the younger players when the manager would rather play an experienced player out of position.

When did you start talking sense btw ?. (tu)

The average age of our players today was near 29.....scumdee 23.

They played 17 and 18 year olds against us in the cauldron of Ibrox, the answers to several questions are in there.

I disagree entirely with everything you say on here.

.... Except this which I could not agree with more.

People go on about terrible youngsters but are folk forgetting our u20s team are 3rd in their league with games in hand on the green bros.

Surely we could try some of these guys as subs?

Or even give them a start :pipe:

Doesn't everyone employ coal bag races as in modern training methods.... then a deserved massage and junk food at the posh McDonald's aka nandos.

Don't know if you know milngavie but the train station is literally a 3 min walk from Murray park, our super fit youngsters get taxis from the station round to Murray park, then taxis to mcdonalds after training which is the same distance. Pathetic

Don't know if you know milngavie but the train station is literally a 3 min walk from the train station, our super fit youngsters get taxis from the station round to Murray park, then taxis to mcdonalds after training which is the same distance. Pathetic

Three minute walk ?, takes me fifteen minutes, you should be running the London marathon mate.

Train station is 0 minutes from the train station btw. (tu)