If we only make one signing next season it has to be........

gordon123

A centre half ! Jig is totally finished and tbh he never was or ever will be a centre half .....Perry , Cabirari ,Faure , and Moshni are all not good enough either however Jig is the worst of them all and must be an absolute nightmare to play beside he has no idea how to play the position he dives in over commits ball watches chases after the ball , i think this is the single most important position in any team a good strong central defence is the foundation for all good teams, i hope Gasparotto can come through and be a player for us but the lad need a top defender to guide him and help develop him aka Davie Weir....so an experienced quality centre back has got to be our priority. Any suggestions?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Danny Wilson.

is a possible he is the right age and wont break the bank however i feel he lacks the physical size to be a centre back and doesnt command enough but that said he is miles better than what we have just now and is a decent shout.

We need to think of two new CBs in anticipation of going up to the Premiership, in fact when you look at a lot of positions we need to think about replacements due to age and IMO them just not being good enough to take us to the next level. Questions is, can the current board provide the investment that is required to enable us to do that?

I'll answer the question first and then make my point.

We need a winger who hurts oppositions. Sone Aluko type.

However, it's glaringly obvious we need a least six "rangers standard" players.

Two centre halves, playmaker, winger and two strikers.

Serious shouting and investment is required

Oh, and get Derek McInnes in ASAP. A coach who can improve players and is tactically astute.

a RB is an absolute must.A decent CB to play alongside Daly(Got to be better there than CF) Mohsni sitting in front of the back four, and a good striker,would agree on Boyd for 2 seasons.Thery`are 3 good signings.Paid for by "retiring" Jig,Cribari`s wage,and anyone from Foster,Simonsen,Shiels,Little and probably Peralta who will be away shortly.

is a possible he is the right age and wont break the bank however i feel he lacks the physical size to be a centre back and doesnt command enough but that said he is miles better than what we have just now and is a decent shout.

I feel Gasparotto would be the more physical of the two.

Both comfortable on the ball and with their best years to come would be a formidable pair in the years to come.

Re - the issues with DW, you don't have to be six foot plus, Moore, Baresi, Cannavaro etc were three of the best (not suggesting DW is anywhere near that level).

I agree.

There's no doubting Jig's best days are behind him and I think next season he'd struggle in a higher quality league , a year older.

We all love Mohsni's gallus charges up the park , but defensively I'd say he's suspect at best.

Thought our two cbs were found wanting yesterday with united's pace and it would be too much of a gamble if we kept them there next year.

I agree.

There's no doubting Jig's best days are behind him and I think next season he'd struggle in a higher quality league , a year older.

We all love Mohsni's gallus charges up the park , but defensively I'd say he's suspect at best.

Thought our two cbs were found wanting yesterday with united's pace and it would be too much of a gamble if we kept them there next year.

As long as Ally is manager Mcculloch will be in the team, best pals and aw that

We need a defender who can actually organise a defence and who's not just there because he's decent in the air. We need a right sided Wallace who can actually get to the byline and put a decent ball in. A midfielder who can take a game by the scruff of the neck and who doesn't go into hiding after 5mins (Law) and a winger who can actually put a decent cross in. Fuck all chance of any of that happening mind you.