Nicky Law interview

Rangers ace Nicky Law on Scottish Cpup defeat: Critics' claims nobody in changing room cares is biggest disappointment

13 April 2014 12:01 AM By Craig Swan

LAW resents claims that some Ibrox players don't have the club at heart as he insists there is no one who doesn't care when things go wrong on the pitch.

JS34960633.jpg SNS Group

Nicky said all the players are gutted after cup loss

Nicky Law can handle being told he’s no good – but the Rangers ace rages when critics say he doesn’t care.

Law and his colleagues have taken severe flak on occasions this season for their poor performances.

Senior players have been accused of being at Ibrox for the money and not having the club at heart.

Law resents that sort of finger pointing and insists there is no-one at Ibrox who doesn’t care when things go wrong.

Raith Rovers dumped Rangers in the Ramsdens Cup Final last weekend with Gers slated for a substandard show.

That was followed by a 3-1 defeat yesterday by Dundee United in the Scottish Cup semi-final that ended Ally McCoist’s hopes of winning a cup.

Law said: “The worst thing that people can throw at you is you don’t care and you didn’t give everything. That you haven’t tried.

“After the Raith game we could look everyone in the eye and say we had given everything – it just wasn’t enough.

“The biggest disappointment was that people have said nobody cared in the changing room.

“If you’d been in there you’d have seen how gutted everyone was.”

SNS Group/Rob Casey

Law admits Rangers have been weaker in the second-half of the campaign.

But he said: “Since Christmas we more or less had the league won.

“I listened to Graeme Souness the other talking night about PSG having won their league early and saying that, mentally, it’s hard and you drop off.

“That’s probably been the case, we have slightly dropped off.

“At the start of the season, we played well and looked a good side. We tried to lift it for the cups, but, obviously, that didn’t happen.

“No-one can say we deserved to lose against Raith. But there are players here who are SPL-standard players and we’ll be on it from the start next season.

“The players we have here now can win the Championship, definitely.

“People are jumping on this after we lost to Raith, but we’ve beaten Falkirk and Queen of the South and feel we should be competing.

“It’ll be a good, exciting league and hopefully the manager will add players to freshen up the squad.”

Law reckons the slaughtering handed out to McCoist has been over the top.

He said: “Everyone has been waiting for us to lose a game so they can jump on the manager’s back.

“It has taken us to mid-April to lose a game, barring the League Cup

tie when we couldn’t field our strongest team.

“So we feel the stick the manager has taken is unfair. He’s picking a team that should have been able to win.

“Every fan, bar those that support Rangers, have loved the last week and have been able to give us stick.

“They’ve had to wait six or seven months for us to lose a game so they could all jump on us.”

thoughts on this? Nicky seems a good guy but I can't agree that the team gave 100% in the Ramsdens final

I thought Law played well yesterday tbh (shout me down if you want) but how the fuck can he say that after Raith, each player could look you in the eye and say they've given you their all?

From captain to manager now Law - do they practice talking utter bullshit at Murray Park instead of set pieces?

Another thing to note - Dumbarton were 2-0 away to Raith yesterday around half time mark - some team that Raith mob eh

I thought Law played well yesterday tbh (shout me down if you want) but how the fuck can he say that after Raith, each player could look you in the eye and say they've given you their all?

From captain to manager now Law - do they practice talking utter bullshit at Murray Park instead of set pieces?

Another thing to note - Dumbarton were 2-0 away to Raith yesterday around half time mark - some team that Raith mob eh

Was about to say the same thing, what a ridiculous thing for him to come out with.

The only reason Law and his fellow impostors are hurting isn't because they have lost games it is because they are getting slagged off.

They can't even be true to themselves. They are shaming the club and believe that empty, meaningless quotes will alter perceptions They won't.

I think our players are being media trained at auchenhowie. That explains the bullshit coming from their mouths.

Not just current players, ex players also, when the overwhelming majority of fans can see the script how can the players and ex players not?

"We tried to lift it for the cups but obviously that didnr't happen"

"We'll be on it from the start of next season"

And then going on about how it's taken them till April to lose a game ..... just keep your mouth closed Law! Honestly are these guys media trained at all?

You can't just say "we'll be on it" and flick a switch, it's completely disrespectful to those fans who are buying tickets and driving miles to attend games and also other teams in the league who may be going for promotion places or trying to avoid relegation, especially when we still have 5 games left! Does that mean you won't be bothering Law?

The thing these guys don't seem to understand is that it's the PERFORMANCE not the RESULT that most bears care about. Well obviously the win is important but take last Sunday for example - we lost 1-0 in extra time and the place implodes and rightly so because it was possibly the worst performance I've seen under Ally but then yesterday we lose 3-1 at home but I wasn't embarrassed, the team actually tried, especially in the first half, and it's given me a bit of hope that if they played like that every game, we might just be ready for the top flight in a years time.

He's been shite since his 4th game. Biggest shitebag on a pitch I've ever seen.

There was a moment yesterday when Peralta was running to what looked like a possible 50/50 when we were on the attack, he absolutely shat it from the tackle and was left standing.

Seems to be a couple feart of putting the boot in.