What would your changes be in the summer?

Personally, think we need a total clear out. New manager and backroom staff, with a scouting network put in place.

I don't think the players that played yesterday are good enough to play for Rangers going forward. Instead of loads of very average players on quite high wages ie Foster, McCulloch, Moshni, Little, Law, Black, Daly, Cribari, Shiels as well as all the first team players hardly involved anymore like Perry, Hegarty, Hutton. I would love us to get rid of as many of these players as possible and just bring in maybe 6 real quality players on good wages and use our u20's for the rest of the squad ie something like this.

Bell

Hutton

Gasparatto

Cuellar

Wallace

MacLeod

Dorrans/Brunt

MacLean

Mackay-Steven/Armstrong

Hemed

Templeton

Others in squad:

Gallagher/Gordon

Faure

Halkett

Smith

MacAusland

Stoney

Murdoch

Aird

Gallacher

Clarke

Some of the signings may be unrealistic and have just used some ex players as examples, but how much better does this squad look and without knowing individuals exact wages I don't think it would be much or any higher for a much better squad.

ie leaving 9 players listed on quite high wages say average @ £5k p/w (some will be more some will be less) that's £45k p/w, let's round it up to £50k p/w for the other 3 less higher paid players mentioned.

That's £50k p/w to spend on 6 players to bring in.

Hutton £10k p/w

Cuellar £10k p/w

Dorrans/Brunt £10k p/w (Although Brunt is out of contract Dorrans might be more realistic)

MacLean £3k p/w

Mackay-Steven/Armstrong £5k p/w

Hemed £10k p/w

That's just under £50k p/w.

Just feel we're wasting wages on loads of average players. Just bring in half a dozen quality players to play alongside and bring along the talented u20 group that we have. And I really don't think most of these are unrealistic, we'll be just one year away from the top league with increased income streams, still offering good wages, and with some of the best training facilities. not to mention best stadium and supporters.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Complete clearout starting with boardroom down.

New management team who will gut the playing staff.

Easier to list the players worth keeping : Wallace, Aird, MacLeod, Law, Bell, Gallagher and the best of the kids, most of whom have not had a chance - get the rest tae fuck ASAP

We've no chance of getting or attracting the players you list there for a club in the championship. We need to stop having a mentality of spend spend spend. Change the main one that we know SHOULD happen and then let the new man work with what we've got barring a handful of the hasbeens leaving replaced with young, hungry players who could have sell on value.

Keep - Bell, Wallace, McLeod, McKay, Law, Clark, Templeton.

Youths - Gasparotto, Telfer, Sinnamon, Walsh, Gallacher, Murdoch, McAusland

Sign Wilson (Hearts) , McLean (St Mirren), MacKay-Steven (DU), B MacKay (inverness)

18 players on a vastly reduced wage bill.

Bell, Sinnamon, Wallace, Wilson, Gasparotto, MacLeod, MacKay-Steven, McLean, Templeton, Clark, B McKay.

All comfortable on the ball with their best years still to come.

New Manager a must.

I'd like to have a manager that gets rid of the our style of play where all we do is hoof the ball up to the ' big , strong centre forward ' . It's almost as if we're stuck in the 60s tactics. Let's get two fast forwards that have pace and keep the ball on the deck.

Personally, think we need a total clear out. New manager and backroom staff, with a scouting network put in place.

I don't think the players that played yesterday are good enough to play for Rangers going forward. Instead of loads of very average players on quite high wages ie Foster, McCulloch, Moshni, Little, Law, Black, Daly, Cribari, Shiels as well as all the first team players hardly involved anymore like Perry, Hegarty, Hutton. I would love us to get rid of as many of these players as possible and just bring in maybe 6 real quality players on good wages and use our u20's for the rest of the squad ie something like this.

Bell

Hutton

Gasparatto

Cuellar

Wallace

Dorrans/Brunt

MacLean

Mackay-Steven/Armstrong

Hemed

Templeton

Others in squad:

Gallagher/Gordon

Faure

Halkett

Smith

MacAusland

Stoney

Murdoch

MacLeod

Aird

Gallacher

Clarke

Some of the signings may be unrealistic and have just used some ex players as examples, but how much better does this squad look and without knowing individuals exact wages I don't think it would be much or any higher for a much better squad.

ie leaving 9 players listed on quite high wages say average @ £5k p/w (some will be more some will be less) that's £45k p/w, let's round it up to £50k p/w for the other 3 less higher paid players mentioned.

That's £50k p/w to spend on 6 players to bring in.

Hutton £10k p/w

Cuellar £10k p/w

Dorrans/Brunt £10k p/w (Although Brunt is out of contract Dorrans might be more realistic)

MacLean £3k p/w

Mackay-Steven/Armstrong £5k p/w

Hemed £10k p/w

That's just under £50k p/w.

Just feel we're wasting wages on loads of average players. Just bring in half a dozen quality players to play alongside and bring along the talented u20 group that we have. And I really don't think most of these are unrealistic, we'll be just one year away from the top league with increased income streams, still offering good wages, and with some of the best training facilities. not to mention best stadium and supporters.

Why not just aim for Messi and Ronaldo? About as much chance of it happening.

Cuellar, Dorrans, Brunt, Mckay Steven, Robertson, Hemed where are we getting the millions and millions needed to fund this team? Fantasy land we will maybe get a few Free transfers to replace any outgoing players and they will probably be the same or worse than the Shiels, Dalys and Laws of last summer.

We need a descent Center Back, A good holding midfielder and a good Striker.

Center Back-Shaun Hutchinson

Midfielder-Stuart Armstrong

Striker-Stevie May

Both Hutchinson and May are out of contract in the summer, and if we get some investment, we should go after Armstrong.

New management team for starters , let everyone who's contract is up leave go ( simonsen , little , cribari , hutton and hegarty ) ,see if we can get someone to take (.smith , foster , mohsni , perry , McCulloch , faure , black , Sheils and daly )

I know we are more than likely stuck with these guys but to get them off the wage bill would be great .

Bring in players like Boyd , kenny mclean , danny Wilson , Craig Cathcart ( blackpool centre half ) who are all out of contract .

Jamie walker from hearts is a good creative player if we could afford him .

We would also give the youngsters like gasparotto , Halkett , Murdoch , telfer , stoney and hardie a chance to see if they have hot what it takes .

Hopefully this doesn't seem unrealistic , we need to change now or will regret keeping ally in charge for years to come .

Genuinely the Manager! He has to go for us to truly progress.

Get rid of Smith, Daly, Moshni, Mcculloch, simonsen, Cribari, Hutton, hearty, Perry

If we had the money bring in 2 CB's a CM a winger and a striker of a good age and quality that can progress and promote the 3-4 most promising players from the U20's including Gallagher.

I have no doubt players like gasparotto, Telfer could do a job for us

A board room overhaul for starters with an investment plan in place and focus on good corporate governance.

Investment in the matchday experience that generates income for the club.

A director of football.

A new manager, assistant manager, coach, keep jim stewart great coach. A new approach to fitness and diet.

A scouting department.

Of the first team i would keep bell, wallace, mcleod, peralta, mckay, templeton, clark, aird and c gallagher.

Promote 4-5 of the best youths and under 20s, restart youth teams with a new coaching system in tune to the director of footballs blueprint.

We need a right back, 2 centre backs, a creative attack minded midfielder, a pacy, tricky left winger and 2 new strikers.

Also we badly need someone who is good with dead ball situations and can deliver a decent corner consistantly.

I'd have Boyd back, probably try for Stevie May, and that lad Logan at Aberdeen looks a decent RB, Gasporatto, Gallacher would come into my squad.Temps,Macleod and Wallace would be there too. Danny Wilson at CB maybe?

McCoist, McDowell, Durrant & McCulloch should be first out the door as they hold everyone else back. Foster & Smith should follow them as they were only signed as they were Allys mates and needed a job they bring nothing to the team with the exception of the occasional freekick from Smith. The rest should be warned their performance levels must improve and they must apply themselves in training no more pissing about and leaving early.