What would your changes be in the summer?

No new players till management situation sorted. I see we are going with the same squad as Saturday for tomorrow's game. I know the U 20s had 120 mins the other day but surely we could have included some in the squad for tomorrow. I can see excuses coming not to use them for the remaking few games.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would get rid of the manager and other management staff as they are useless and too highly paid. I wouldn't have as much of a grievance about them being paid the way they are if on the park performances were better. But we have to be realistic about the league we are in and what we can afford to pay. However, they'd need to all walk as we'll not be able to afford the huge pay outs, especially for Ally.

I think developing a good scouting network and youth system is vital when we can't afford to attract high paid players with expensive transfer fees. If you look at Southampton, they have a very young squad and a lot are from their youth development, which has been said to be the best in England. Anyone they don't use they sell for a reasonable sum, I think that's what we need to do. The change won't happen overnight and until then we will need to get a few decent centre halves, strong midfielder and an out and out striker (Boyd)?

I would get rid of the manager and other management staff as they are useless and too highly paid. I wouldn't have as much of a grievance about them being paid the way they are if on the park performances were better. But we have to be realistic about the league we are in and what we can afford to pay. However, they'd need to all walk as we'll not be able to afford the huge pay outs, especially for Ally.

I think developing a good scouting network and youth system is vital when we can't afford to attract high paid players with expensive transfer fees. If you look at Southampton, they have a very young squad and a lot are from their youth development, which has been said to be the best in England. Anyone they don't use they sell for a reasonable sum, I think that's what we need to do. The change won't happen overnight and until then we will need to get a few decent centre halves, strong midfielder and an out and out striker (Boyd)?

Southampton spent big on Gaston Ramirez and Osvaldo.

Southampton spent big on Gaston Ramirez and Osvaldo.

I'm not saying the full team have to be youngsters, you obviously need some big stars or decent signings but youngsters should be the backbone of the team now and in the future. Southampton could only spend big bucks as they had saved elsewhere by relying on youth.

No im pretty sure they'd go on a free. No way would we get a penny in transfer fees. It would just save us from paying them off.

So you think they would happily accept a wage reduction and voluntarily leave? Aye right.

What I would change is the training methods. We have no European competition so it gives us ample opportunity to try new approaches to ball control.

As a team we need to adopt a “ball on the deck” philosophy, using a heavier ball in training could help this; however we should shorten the training pitch dimensions and bring in a new ball, futsal de salao training ball. It’s a smaller ball and has 30% less bounce to it, playing in an smaller area means you have to think faster and pass the ball better, practise with it often enough it soon becomes second nature. Once you go into a full match setting with the official match ball which will be lighter, you will see the difference.

Other changes would be all social media to be banned; you will turn up to training in a suit as you represent Rangers FC and that demands that your appearance is professional. Richard Gough lead the nine in a row team with the philosophy “a team that drinks together, wins together”. Im not suggesting that the team gets pished but everything has to be done as a team.

The players have to been seen to be visiting sick kids and primary schools, raising the public profile of the club from being guys that come in for 3 hours then go to nando’s or go home and watch box sets. These guys are supposed to be professional sports men and they should act like such.

We might not win every game but I would expect every team that comes to Ibrox to leave knowing that they have been to war and have earned their points though sweat and blood.

We will be stepping up a division and we need to be stepping up professionalism as well.

We should have took a leaf out of Feyenoords book and done exactly what they had the balls to do a few years ago with the youth. Had complete faith in the youth team and started to blood them after cash problems similar to ours. Now 2nd in the Eredivisie with a squad full of home-grown players with a good few already played for Holland. It's infuriating the chance we blew 2 years ago due to our backwards thinking manager. Get him to fuck before he ruins us even more!

We should have took a leaf out of Feyenoords book and done exactly what they had the balls to do a few years ago with the youth. Had complete faith in the youth team and started to blood them after cash problems similar to ours. Now 2nd in the Eredivisie with a squad full of home-grown players with a good few already played for Holland. It's infuriating the chance we blew 2 years ago due to our backwards thinking manager. Get him to fuck before he ruins us even more!

(tu)

disgruntled_bear highlighted them as an example at the time IIRC.

I had the same thought yesterday when I saw their scores. They took some drubbings (was it 7-0 of Ajax?) to begin with, but it has paid off in the long run. I wish we had had the balls to do it!

Bell

Faure

Mohsni

New signing

Wallace

Aird

Macloed

Law

Black/peralta

Templeton/mckay

Daly/clarke.

One new signing and that should be a centre back a steady no nonsense type who can pass the ball out as well as punt it .

Also tesselaar from killie and hutchison from well and wilson from hearts and stevenson would be nice to have . And try get the wage bill at least balanced for going back into the prem .

Bell

Faure

Mohsni

New signing

Wallace

Aird

Macloed

Law

Black/peralta

Templeton/mckay

Daly/clarke.

One new signing and that should be a centre back a steady no nonsense type who can pass the ball out as well as punt it .

Also tesselaar from killie and hutchison from well and wilson from hearts and stevenson would be nice to have . And try get the wage bill at least balanced for going back into the prem .

I think, whoever is in charge should be building a team strong enough to challenge for the championship in the next few seasons. IMO we wont finish top next season, but i think we could still go up through the playoffs.

Keep Wallace, Law, Templeton

Try and really push on Clark and McLeod as they have stagnated

Sign a new defence

Push the boat out for Stevie May

get someone to take Shiels, Daly, Black, McCulloch off our hands as big earners who are done

Make a point of releasing Foster, Smith, Faure, Hutton, Perry, Cribari, Simonsen, Little (some of who's contracts are up anyway)

And most of all sack the dugout dud and get a capable manager in

I think, whoever is in charge should be building a team strong enough to challenge for the championship in the next few seasons. IMO we wont finish top next season, but i think we could still go up through the playoffs.

We need up first time , failure is not an option . Our squad is good enough and with a few new signings would be more than adequate to do the business . Unless we totally change philosophy and bring in someone with vision who's going to implement change i.e proper development of youth players , proper scouting etc which is not going to happen ! Is it ?