lower league football

does lower league football drag us down? most of the intake of playersd over the last 2 year looked ok on paper ,no high prifile internationals but decent pro,s..how much is down to lower league football is it playing at 3 sided parks and hedges ect.dull down afterr all sat. was more like rangers.

Shows you how bad it is if you think they play decent football. There 24 points behind us who play utter shite everyweek.

They don't play utter shite every week, their style of play is far superior to ours. They are 24 points behind us because their squad is made up of youth players.

We signed too many billy big baws. Black, Templeton, Daly, Moshni, etc.

I dont understand why we didnt sign division 1 & 2 players. Pick the best, give them 1 year rolling contracts. This is your chance to play for Rangers, make a good impression of yourself and you'll get another year.

It's not dragging us down.

We have failed to adapt and find a killer instinct against teams which do not have the resources and possibly the abilities we have.

Should have been a season of going for the kill, scoring goals and building team confidence. (No disrespect to other teams whoi mostly put in the effort and teamwork to frustrate us)

Unfortunately Ally inherited the defensive inclinations of Walter, possibly due to worrying about playing against better opposition, and was not tactically adept enough to change the game plan before the players and fans got pissed off.

The first 8 weeks of next season will probably define the whole campaign. I wonder if Ally will have the balls to go for it, and build on attacking football rather than holding out at the back.

I've argued the point before while defending mccoist, however, it shouldn't remove a players determination or motivation, especially with professional players. they're cleary not motivated or determined enough to pull out performances like the semifinal each week for us, so i'd say its poor man management that's to blame.

I do believe this plays a part though, if you play each week against lower quality opposition you'll be less alert and play at a lower tempo, however i'd say it's the manager and captains duty to ensure this doesn't happen.

It's not dragging us down.

We have failed to adapt and find a killer instinct against teams which do not have the resources and possibly the abilities we have.

Should have been a season of going for the kill, scoring goals and building team confidence. (No disrespect to other teams whoi mostly put in the effort and teamwork to frustrate us)

Unfortunately Ally inherited the defensive inclinations of Walter, possibly due to worrying about playing against better opposition, and was not tactically adept enough to change the game plan before the players and fans got pissed off.

The first 8 weeks of next season will probably define the whole campaign. I wonder if Ally will have the balls to go for it, and build on attacking football rather than holding out at the back.

Will likely be like this season, our problems come after the league is all but won.

I think the lower leagues play rough and tumble football and all the Billy Big Baws are shiting themselves at getting a broken leg or the like and no protection from the refs. It's the refs that seem to think this type of football is acceptable. But then again, Ally is shiting himself every time we go on the park, so that's not much help either.

In a way it can drag us down but we pay our professional players thousands a week to rise above the cloggers and donkeys and one weekend wannabes and in the main they have failed to do so (performance wise) we could have signed a load of SFL1 players two years ago to become the best of the cloggers we didn't need Shiels, Black Temps and Daly to do it.