I hope you all remember

Gillete

That's human nature for you. I guess being an ex pat living in the states, I'm not so caught up in all the goings on anymore. I can take a more pragmatic approach. When Rangers were dominating Scottish football our support filled away stadiums to the brim, I'm sure that gets a bit tiresome for fans of smaller clubs. Our singing, beating their teams convincingly, taking over their stadiums winning trophy after trophy. In a way I can't blame other fans rejoicing in our current situation, they have gone through decades watching Rangers ( for the most part) dominate Scottish football. Of course, the bigger picture is that our support bought concessions, put money into shops, put money into other teams coffers. But as fans of the smaller teams that is of little relevance from a football perspective.

I'll use the New York Yankees as an example, in the states you either hate them or love them. There are loads of teams that can't win a world series and the dislike is based on being able to buy the best players and again, for the most part dominating baseball. If you are not a fan of Yankees fan you tend to dislike them more than any other team because it's based on success. It's the same with Rangers...

Rangers will be back, it's going to take longer that I think a lot of people anticipate, they will reach the top once again. However, I'm not going to get to upset if the fans of other teams want to rejoice and have a laugh at our expense. I'd probably do the same...I think it's hypocritical of us to think otherwise. Remember when Celtic were going bust, it was not just our support that were having a good laugh, I remember fans from Dundee, St Mirren, Aberdeen and the one Morton supporter were all delighted at their potential demise.

Now, the media that's another story...I don't expect fans to be impartial but media has show some kind of semblance of impartiality.

Fan organisations do not speak for Rangers supporters; they are a tiny percent of the Rangers support and only represent themselves in deluded power games. The visual picture for Rangers fans is the sea tide. It just keeps coming in no matter how many say it won’t, every one claiming they control it or can influence it, but they can’t. It is powerful and remorseless, Rangers supports will keep coming back to Ibrox, buying season tickets and merchandising. Rangers’ supporters have always been divided about all things but they all go to the games to see Rangers.

This is the power that will drive Rangers forward, give them a team to get behind and it will just get more intense. For the last 2 years rangers fans have been in a kind of limo, poor team, poor league, everyone hating on us and our haters enjoying every trouble we have, but the waves just keep coming in. The league is on the wind down and so will the numbers coming to Ibrox, which is normal. Next season will see the numbers back to the usual, Ally there or gone, people will still come.

The fan base needs no one to lead it, represent it or speak for it, as it will speak from the terraces; when it has had enough of McCoist they will tell him to go. The mummers of discontent are already there and will get voiced next season if they do not see an improvement. The songs of support for Ally are less and less and the complaints are more and more. Being given grief at Ibrox every 2 weeks, again and again and again will drive anyone away. The support is not controlled by any group or person but when it hits a critical mass of discontent then it is over and Ally knows that.

How the other clubs treated us will not be forgotten, we have not forgotten the pricks of the 60s, 70s or 80s; why do people think we would forget what people done 2 years ago. In a way the game against Dundee Hibs is a taste of what is to come for these teams but we will have a team that can equip itself, because, it will be demanded of them.

I do not fear the future for Rangers as we will remorselessly grow stronger, maybe slower that what we want but it is going to happen. Septic know it, the rest of Scottish football knows it and they are glorying in our troubles just now because they know this will not last. Rangers will come back and be just as strong it is just a matter of time.