How do we get shot of McCoist?

Tontospal

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what clubs mean when they say the manager has been put on "gardening leave" isn't it? Yeah anything just to get us out of this perennial rut Ally has put us in.

That's it - I think the likes of Chelsea may have been paying off 4 or 5 at once!

It's perhaps why some don't get fixed up with new jobs as soon as you might imagine, cos it may affect the payouts - if they walk straight into another job with similar money, they haven't actually suffered by losing the first job & getting the balance of their contracts paid out!

Great idea! But would that prevent him from taking up his inevitable cheeky chappy TV gig?

Good point - don't think so, cos it doesn't take 'em long to get the most recently unseated manager on the panel!

Seems to have more impact on how soon the get another job in management.

It's not really a clause, it's a type of contract designed, primarily, to allow a club to get rid of a manager easily. It's very common. It's only our ridiculous finances which mean we have to think twice about paying up a years money.

Cheers. I clearly know fuck all about contracts! :lol:

Good point - don't think so, cos it doesn't take 'em long to get the most recently unseated manager on the panel!

Seems to have more impact on how soon the get another job in management.

True. It would be unfair to stop him working all together I suppose.

Does anyone think he'd get another gig in management? I honestly doubt anyone would be that stupid!

True. It would be unfair to stop him working all together I suppose.

Does anyone think he'd get another gig in management? I honestly doubt anyone would be that stupid!

I'd fancy him for the Kilmarncok job if it ever came up, they've got a good track record of crazy managerial appointments.

IIRC we would have to pay him his original wage of over 700k plus make up the money he has lost from the paycut.

roughly 1.5m

Nice one - that ties in with what I thought I'd read.

Maybe you posted it before!

So my understanding of a rolling contract (after a bit of googling) is that the contract runs for a year then it gets renewed for another year if all parties are in agreement. So any idea what date is renewal time?

I'd assume this is correct. And if so, probably at the end of the season. Makes sense.

Ally needs to do the right thing and resign at the end of the season agreeing a much reduced pay off. If he really has the interests of Rangers FC at heart, that's what he'd do, but I doubt it very much.