How do we get shot of McCoist?

Tontospal

And most of them may not be old enough to have actually seen him play for us!

Even my lad barely remembers seeing him & he's 23!

I'm 22 and I can just about remember seeing him.

It was more the Advocaat era that I really remember with Mols, Albertz, de Boer etc.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to remember he halved his wages so i would bet in the event he gets the push it is calculated on the big wage.

I think adjustments were made so that he gets paid full pops in the event of his contract being terminated.

I think adjustments were made so that he gets paid full pops in the event of his contract being terminated.

if he takes ANY money from us when he leaves, he can take his 'legend' status with him as well. i'm infurated that someone with the opportunity he had not only wasted it by bringing barely any youngsters through (remember CG saying we'd have 6 or 7 with over 100 games under their belt?), but also by stealing from the club. he is not worth 800p a season never mind 800k. i have no idea how this is not starting riots considering the position we are in. it will take us years to recover from his tenure

Without artistic license I'm pretty sure any one of 40 other managers in the Scottish professional leagues could have matched McCoist's achievement of winning League One, and done it with half the budget, 10% of his wage and without the need for expensive hotels when playing at places like Forfar and Methil.

I'm pretty sure many junior, amateur and juvenile bosses could have done so too.

My opinion differs from your opinion

I KNOW i could have managed the player's we have to the title in the last 2 seasons.

I kow that every fan thinks they can do better than ANY manager, every time there is a poor result or performance - difference is Ally actually HAD to deliver.

So now supporting someone who stuck by us is 'attention seeking! - is that how you make your points belittling another persons opinion - for supporting our manager - how sad!

My comment was not based on one post or issue.

You are as deluded as the man who has held back our progression as a football side. I would hazard a guess that you are the most unpopular poster on here and you continue to wind fellow fans up on a daily basis.

If revelling in unpopularity is not attention seeking in a forum where the common, overriding view is a shared love for Rangers then I don't know what is.

You 're looking at the record without a shred of perspective now.

In football terms we're light years from 2012, so don't give us any crap about '10 mins to build a team', no other manager's had to put up with what Ally has, because, frankly, that's a massive insult to every other manager who's had an administration to cope with.

Accept that your man has had a massive budget in relation to his rivals & has basically performed reverse alchemy by turning gold into dross.

Who doesn't accept we are light years away from the football of 2012 - where our wage budget was about 4 times what it is now for the football team, where we had 8 or 9 solid international class players - but we had all of that ripped away from us - also most managers who face administration dont face a 4 league drop, a board room in turmoil for two years and the expectations of the Ibrox faithful. With the exception of one other team in Scotland the fans of other clubs sort of expect to get beat on a regular basis and thus accept it. We go fking mental if we get a draw. So many (IMHO) under-estimate the job that has/had to be done, and have allowed their anger at all the other shite to turn them onto one of their own. IMHO now is the time we should be rallying around Ally, accept the odd bump may happpen and move on, but what we get is a lot of petulant anger.

I kow that every fan thinks they can do better than ANY manager, every time there is a poor result or performance - difference is Ally actually HAD to deliver.

He may have won league's but he has not delivered for the simple reason that you fail to recognise or understand. Despite having vast resources he has not developed players or the team. Millions have been wasted and we are a team that can't score against Raith Rivers whilst we are supposed to accept a 3-1 home defeat to a young, inexperienced Dundee United team as an indication that everything in the garden is rosy.

Unlike you my standards for Rangers are somewhat higher than that.

It was clear from very early on that Ally wasn't up to the job. The football been consistantly pish, signings poor, and spending crazy.

People seemed to back Ally just because he was the manager when Rangers went in to admin and came out with some catchy slogans. It's great that Ally stuck by us and conducted himself well during that period (behaviour I would expect from any reasonable human being) but that doesn't make him a football manager. Personally, I care more about what happens on the park, not off it.

Support the club instead

These type of comments try to perpetuate the idea that if we don't back Ally, then we're not backing the Club, and we're not real supporters. Everyone wanted Ally to succeed and no one can say he hasn't been backed by the fans and by the board. The guy has been given a ton of support. If he's not up to it then there comes a point when it's in the Clubs best interest to get rid of the manager. Therefore, wanting Ally out can become a form of backing the Club.

Who doesn't accept we are light years away from the football of 2012 - where our wage budget was about 4 times what it is now for the football team, where we had 8 or 9 solid international class players - but we had all of that ripped away from us - also most managers who face administration dont face a 4 league drop, a board room in turmoil for two years and the expectations of the Ibrox faithful. With the exception of one other team in Scotland the fans of other clubs sort of expect to get beat on a regular basis and thus accept it. We go fking mental if we get a draw. So many (IMHO) under-estimate the job that has/had to be done, and have allowed their anger at all the other shite to turn them onto one of their own. IMHO now is the time we should be rallying around Ally, accept the odd bump may happpen and move on, but what we get is a lot of petulant anger.

I'm talking about the post-admin period onwards & getting ready for 2012-13 which, admittedly was a scramble, but is now long past.

We've still had numbers of international players around the place, whose quality we were told we needed so we could be a bit competitive in the cups - you're being disingenuous if you think I was talking about Paysmith, Whittaker, et al.

I think any 'anger' (&, with odd exceptions,I don't think it's either as angry & certainly not as petulant as you claim) has generally been directed at how poor results have been arrived at, rather the results per se.

All the focus on 'the results are ok, winnings all that matters' neglects the point that technique and performance drive results - you don't tend to see many golfers with shite swings or bad attitudes to their game at the top of the leader board.

Think back to the poorer results over the last 2 seasons, and pick out any where we were unlucky to lose, or draw - I can't think of any.

Add in the sucessive decline in performance after Xmas over 2 seasons (I'll let him off the admin year) & there is a failure to either prepare or motivate that is just not acceptable for a man on his money, at this level (even his reduced money, which he'll get back anyway).

If there's a bit more anger flying about now, it's because a lot if us who hadn't seen this coming and had set some milestones, have seen these milestones arrive and the team fail against them.

A few of us have seen the 'odd bumps' coming, because they've seen a refusal to learn, adapt & also make contingencies for when their brightest young player drops out of the side for 3 months.

There's not much worse than the death of hope & it's not really a shock if some are lashing out a bit.

(I'm only referring to what I've seen on this board when commenting about people's anger - I've not seen the twitter stuff which sounds way over the top)

How anyone can say ally has delivered when he has gotten the club pumped out of 10 competitions, been in charge for 3 year won two part time leagues with a playing budget that has dwarfed the opposition considerably. Struggles to get performances on the pitch that is anything but lacklustre, and remember this he wants judged on the players he brought in the summer, well those players has done slightly better than last seasons players in regards to cup competitions, so in that sense he has failed, which manager stands for majority of a game with hands in pockets without shouting instructions, which manager is scared to openly criticise their performance cause he worried about losing some mates. And another point their wouldn't exactly be boardroom turmoil just now if certain so called fans groups and rangers men put the club first and backed the club

Would anyone be mad if they used some of the season ticket money to pay him off?

I'm considering buying my first ever season ticket but i'm not buying it if ally is gonna be around to put us through more of the same shit next season. I'd happily buy one if I knew some of the money was going towards getting him tae fuck.

It's a sad day when we're saying this about him. I'll always respect him as a player but he's just not cut out to be a manager. I wish he was but he just isn't and he needs to go because he'll just hold us back. No man, including Ally, is bigger than this club.