New Striker?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

£3.5k doubling to £7k would be about right. We should cap it at about £10k for a few years anyway, and Boyd should definitely not be top earner when we're back in the top league.

We should find out exactly how true Boyds claims that he has made his money and would play at Ibrox again because he's a bluenose is. If he's getting 1k a week at Killie we should give him 2\2.5 k a week 2 year deal and then reassess after a season in the top flight. Doubling his wage at least and showing we will not throw cash around just because we are Rangers. If Boyd wont accept then fine let him stay on his grand a week at Killy or find a club prepared to throw cash at a 30yr old. We can always find another striker hopefully a younger player with his best years ahead Boyd for all his undoubted goalscoring ability is still a player in the last years of his career.

Me too. Although it could be internet rumours to destabilise support for the board. Ally doesn't know his budget, so how can he have agreed terms?

It probably is mate i just cant see how Wallace could talk about cuts then throw a deal like that at somebody like Boyd or any Scottish player right now.

May would cost around £1m...St Johnstone knocked back £600k for him in January and as he is under 24 it'd go to a tribunial if his contract ran out, I also think hes a fan of St Johnstone so don't think he'd do the dirty on them and hold them to ransom

I think Billy McKay could be got for about £500k and he'd bena grest investment too.

We shouldn't be paying fees for anyone at the moment never mind 500k or £1m. We can pick up some decent free transfers and offer a decent wage. Not as much as black, Daly etc on.

Time to get real. We're closer to the premier league now so more of a draw now that when we were in the bottom tier.

Id like to know how much did Aberdeen, Motherwell and Dundee UTD pay in transfer fees to assemble the squads they have at the moment?

Anyone know where to find this info?

Am I the only person who thinks Boyd for 7k a week isn't actually that bad a deal.

Cribari takes home an alleged 8k a week so him out & Boyd in would still create a saving of 1k a week.

We'll be paying a 34 year old £10,500 a week in two years. Have we learnt nothing over the past three years?! The feeling around the club is rotten and lifeless at the moment, and it's these sort of signings that are making things worse.

We'll be paying a 34 year old £10,500 a week in two years. Have we learnt nothing over the past three years?! The feeling around the club is rotten and lifeless at the moment, and it's these sort of signings that are making things worse.

That's a slight exaggeration. Boyd will turn 31 in August so we will be paying a just turned 32 year old 10,500 a week in season 15/16.

All things considered I still don't think that is too bad, especially if he's going to guarantee 20 goals a season every year and I think he will do that for as long as he gets good service. A poacher like him doesn't lose that instinct in the same way that a player will lose their pace.

The guys on a free transfer too so it's hardly comparable to paying 2 million quid for James Beattie plus his sizeable wage is it?

If it's a two year contract, one year on 7k p/w and the second on 10.5k. If we get anything near 20 goals a season from Boyd in both seasons, it'd be worth it alone.

That's a slight exaggeration. Boyd will turn 31 in August so we will be paying a just turned 32 year old 10,500 a week in season 15/16.

All things considered I still don't think that is too bad, especially if he's going to guarantee 20 goals a season every year and I think he will do that for as long as he gets good service. A poacher like him doesn't lose that instinct in the same way that a player will lose their pace.

The guys on a free transfer too so it's hardly comparable to paying 2 million quid for James Beattie plus his sizeable wage is it?

its the kinda overeaction we are used to on here lets just wait till its confirmed.id love him back 100%

I don't see why we can't rely on someone like Calum Gallagher next season, instead of bringing in another high wage 30+ year old.