New Striker?

very good ya clown its because of fuds like you who think life is like a football manager game that these delusion exist.

We need to promote youth to survive in our current climate, not continuously sign ex-players on extortionate wages. I'm confident the addition of 4-5 youth players into the first team and the removal of deadwood would see us through the championship comfortably. (A change in management would also be necessary)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jose Mourinho would not promote 2 under 17s and 1 under 20 to rely on solely in a league we simply must win. Its absolute stupidity up

I totally agree. My point for the last few posts is that pragmatism and realism will dictate what we do . If we were to try something different, well that chance is gone.

We need to promote youth to survive in our current climate, not continuously sign ex-players on extortionate wages. I'm confident the addition of 4-5 youth players into the first team and the removal of deadwood would see us through the championship comfortably. (A change in management would also be necessary)

a change of manager is needed and a footballing style needs to be developed integrating youngster talented enough to be in the first team gradually.unless like young lewis they are better than there well payed senior pro,s.our problem is we do not have time for inconsistent results and the possibility of not winning the league at the first attempt.

a change of manager is needed and a footballing style needs to be developed integrating youngster talented enough to be in the first team gradually.unless like young lewis they are better than there well payed senior pro,s.our problem is we do not have time for inconsistent results and the possibility of not winning the league at the first attempt.

Glad we agree to an extent :lol:(tu)

The only justifiable excuse for spending big wages on big players in these lower divisions was to win us a cup - something we've not done

Or at very least make us play entertaining football - something we've not done either

Otherwise we could have kept a small nucleus of experience and play guys like Gallacher, McCausland, Aird etc as that would have got us back up the leagues too no bother

We've failed and we are continuing to make the same mistakes we always have under McCoist

Unless the rot stops we are fucked.

It's ok saying Boyd is worth 20 goals a season, so fuck, so is Daly but he's a lump of wood too and an expensive luxury same as Boyd

Fresh approach needed and fast

The only justifiable excuse for spending big wages on big players in these lower divisions was to win us a cup - something we've not done

Or at very least make us play entertaining football - something we've not done either

Otherwise we could have kept a small nucleus of experience and play guys like Gallacher, McCausland, Aird etc as that would have got us back up the leagues too no bother

We've failed and we are continuing to make the same mistakes we always have under McCoist

It's ok saying Boyd is worth 20 goals a season, so fuck, so is Daly but he's a lump of wood too and an expensive luxury same as Boyd

(tu) Agree 100%

I just think that opportunity has gone now. We are so close to the SPL and the demands among the majority of the support are going to be back to what they always were before all this shite happened - better celtic. Even now in League 1 there are people who want to focus on remaining undefeated rather than worry about bleeding a few youngsters to let them get an opportunity. Ideally we could do both IMO because people overstate how good this league is but a lot think the experienced players first option is the best way to do it so what's it going to be like when we are playing SPL teams?

That mindset isn't going to leave much room for a young, cheaply assembled, inexperienced team to grow together and become a team capable of challenging them every season. It should have been changed in 2012 but it wasn't and now we are left with the mess we have now.

I think we all know the real reason why we spent a shit load of cash on SPL players, even though they aren't that great they are decent enough professionals that could hold it together if we were drawn against the Scum, I think there was a genuine fear of drawing them in the cup and with a team full of kids and the odd journeyman getting battered by 5/6/7 goals.

No-one will convince me that McCoist wasn't thinking about this scenario when he targetted Black/Shiels/Sandaza/Templeton with Daly and Law it might still have been in his thinking but by then I think he would have known we had to improve the quality of the squad.