The current squad would win the Championship

We'll win it easily, probably with 100% record. We'll not only win the Ramsden Cup, but the League cup and the Scottish easy peasy, no problems at all. I'd also expect Ally to get Manager of the year and Daly to get PoY, both from journos and fellow pros. You just wait and see. :pipe:

And no, I'm not taking that medicine, that way or any other way. And don't think I'm wearing that jacket either. <cr>

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks a side containing Foster, jig and Mohsni in defence will win championship is deluded..

Unless massive changes occur we'll be scrapping for the play-off place..

Couldn't argue with one word of your statement.

Anyone who thinks a side containing Foster, jig and Mohsni in defence will win championship is deluded..

Unless massive changes occur we'll be scrapping for the play-off place..

i have said on several recent threads that we need at least 2 defenders this summer.

also i believe it is important to have them in place this summer, to be ready for the next step the following season.

i cannot understand why so many fellow bears, seem content for us to be in the premier league and settle for a place in the top 6.

when we get back, i want us to be ready to mount a serious challenge for the title.

of course i understandthe financial constraints, but if we can offload some deadwood this summer then surely we can bring in a couple of players on reasonable wages.

i don,t want to get into the pro/anti Ally debate, but i suspect ANY manager would struggle to win the championship with the current squad.

Bell - decent keeper of spl standard .

Foster - decent spl standard .

Mohsni - a bit raw debatable weather he is .

Wallace - international standard .

Aird - exciting prospect .

Black - spl standard on his day .

Macloed - exciting prospect .

Law - spl standard .

Templeton - almost international standard .

Daly - championship standard .

Shiels - spl standard .

Can't see how that squad is not good enough to win the championship .

Law - spl standard .

Shiels - spl standard .

Of course it is

The problem is the manager is Division 2 standard

Law - spl standard .

Shiels - spl standard .

Foster decent Spl Standard? :blink:

He's not even div1 standard!

Hearts are a better team than us at the moment and with the ability to add some experience and i suspect Levein as manager theyll be favourites to win league..

We played Raith( bottom half) a fortnight ago and we couldn't score a goal in 120 minutes..

We struggled against ten man Falkirk earlier in season scraping through with a last minute goal..

We have also beat them 3 times in 2 years under McCoist and with a shit team last year.

I actually do not think that championship teams are that much better that the teams we have played this season. That said, really looking forward to next season already, The prize on offer getting back to premier league and hope we will soon be able to put our troubles behind us. Think our squad is/should be good enough to win it. Hope we do sign one or two new players.

Law - spl standard .

Shiels - spl standard .

People seem to forget that we won the top tier with teams that had a similar make up to that.

I have no problem in making the squad better value for money,but I really struggle to see any changes as essential to winning the Championship.

The squad is more than capable of winning the Championship at a canter. To do this though we need proper coaches at the club who can get the best out of the squad, and dare I say, even improve the players.

I actually do not think that championship teams are that much better that the teams we have played this season. That said, really looking forward to next season already, The prize on offer getting back to premier league and hope we will soon be able to put our troubles behind us. Think our squad is/should be good enough to win it. Hope we do sign one or two new players.

The way I see it next season will be a good challenge and if the players prove their up to it and win comfortably then that should be a good indication that their to some extent ready for top flight.

People seem to forget that we won the top tier with teams that had a similar make up to that.

Disagree completely with that statement, similar in what way? Not in the way of ability mate, you're kidding yourself if you think this team is similar in terms of ability to those who have won past recent titles with us

McGregor or Bell

Whittaker/Broadfoot or Foster

Papic or Wallace

Bougherra or Mohsni

Weir or McCulloch

Ferguson/Davis or Law

Edu/Thomson or Black/MacLeod

Weiss or Templeton

Mendes/Paralta

Jelavic/Miller/Boyd or Daly/Clark

Naismith/Novo/Lafferty or Sheils

If we play the same tactics as this season other teams will soon work us out. We have the players to hit mid top league but we need to play a better system or we will struggle. If the rumours about JD are true get another striker in and play 2 up front.

Don't think it's going to be pretty but we'll win the Championship next season by at least 10 points.

3 maybe 4 players will come in over the summer and we'll move a few on, Players like Jig will probably be used sparingly next season and guys like Temps and Macleod should be fully fit come the new season.